PDA

View Full Version : What Did You Play This Weekend?

wraggster
October 7th, 2008, 00:30
Me? Loads. Picross DS for one, the world's greatest time consuming, least noticeable time wasting game for the Nintendo DS. I also played... *deep breath* Street Fighter IV, Rambo, Gals Panic S, Deathsmiles, Tenchi Wo Kurau II - Sekiheki No Tatakai, Crush Roller (at various Japanese arcades) and some Cube Runner (on the iPhone). On that last one, I was slightly drunk in a cab and wanted to see how well I'd do while en route to Shibuya. All that other stuff — just for fun. Did pretty well at Deathsmiles, given that it was my first time at it.

Picked up a few things gaming related, an Opa-Opa gashapon, plus a Darkstalkers collection and Fantasy Zone Complete for the PlayStation 2. Can't wait to see both alphabetized on my shelf at home!

Oh yeah, what'd you play this weekend? Sorry for not preemptively asking!

http://kotaku.com/5059251/what-did-you-play-this-weekend

brandonheat8
October 7th, 2008, 00:54
i was intently playing megaman maverick hunter X, i finally beat it, man i love anime cutscenes. Does anyone know any other games that have anime cutscenes that aren't a billion hours long?

KeenCommander
October 7th, 2008, 01:14
Sonic Advance (emulated) on PSP and Beats...plus a little Grand Theft Auto 4 at my friend's house.

apotheosis93
October 7th, 2008, 01:17
My friend bought the new Burnout on PSN, shared me a copy (and saved me fifty ducats). The game isn't bad at all. It was the first Burnout I played since number 3, and I definitely enjoy this iteration. I also broke out my alto saxophone to jam with my brother and his friend in Rock Band. Fun stuff.

jamotto
October 7th, 2008, 02:13
Chili Con Carnage and Gun Showdown.

gutbub
October 7th, 2008, 02:57
Brothers In Arms: Road to Hill 30
Day of Defeat: Source
Counterstrike: Source
Zombie Panic: Source
Age of Chivalry
Insurgency
DipRip
That's it, I think.
If you couldn't tell, I'm a Steam-aholic. And it will only get worse, Brothers In Arms: Hells Highway comes out Wednesday. Just hope I'm done by October 28, because the real problem causing, time consuming game comes out.

Veskgar
October 7th, 2008, 03:21
Halo 3

mike_jmg
October 7th, 2008, 04:49
wraggy you were busy

I played some Zone of the Enders the Second Runner and got stuck again. Some Chilli con Carnage, a lot of Tekken DR, I'm Dark lord with Bryan again on my slim (yeah the save files from the phat didn't work).

My newly acquired broken 360 is still nowhere near being repaired, it says it hasn't even arrived at the repair center yet

oh, and a lot of Starcraft 1 since a friend of mine connected my PC and Laptop (I didn't know I had a router, I was like yeah the modem I have has four ethernet slots :o)

Aryn
October 7th, 2008, 06:52
I am currently on a slight nostalgaeia kick so I mostly played some PS1 games that were converted to PSP format when I could find the time to play anything.

So far, I played Pong (the PS1 version is quite possibly the best I have played), Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night (worth playing again, IMHO it is better than the Castlevania games on the Nintendo DS (not counting Portrait Of Ruin, that game was excellent as well)), Overboard (an overhead shooter with traps and a pirate ship theme, decent level design but barely decent after the novelty wears off), and Crash Bash (a mini game collection, I would rather be playing Mario Party).

On a side note, PS1 games actually look pretty good when played on a PSP. Anybody who has a hacked PSP should try it.

Mc_Logical
October 7th, 2008, 08:01
My friend bought the new Burnout on PSN, shared me a copy (and saved me fifty ducats). The game isn't bad at all. It was the first Burnout I played since number 3, and I definitely enjoy this iteration. I also broke out my alto saxophone to jam with my brother and his friend in Rock Band. Fun stuff.

Same, mainly played burnout paradise this weekend, oh! wait I shared it with u! lol I read what u said and thought that sounds like derek from ps3, and I read your user and thought no f-ing way!!! lol good to see u on here man

loungelizard
October 7th, 2008, 08:58
I am currently on a slight nostalgaeia kick so I mostly played some PS1 games that were converted to PSP format when I could find the time to play anything.

So far, I played Pong (the PS1 version is quite possibly the best I have played), Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night (worth playing again, IMHO it is better than the Castlevania games on the Nintendo DS (not counting Portrait Of Ruin, that game was excellent as well)), Overboard (an overhead shooter with traps and a pirate ship theme, decent level design but barely decent after the novelty wears off), and Crash Bash (a mini game collection, I would rather be playing Mario Party).

On a side note, PS1 games actually look pretty good when played on a PSP. Anybody who has a hacked PSP should try it.

I just got a PS1 for 16€ of ebay. I am going to rework my old one (laser is dead) and start a nostalgic voyage too :)

This weekend I played:

* Tony Hawks Proving Ground (DS)
* Stillalive (DS)
* Mario Party (DS) (wifi, avec G/F)

* Urban Chaos (PSX)

kando
October 7th, 2008, 14:35
final fantasy 4 - snes emulator - djap translation

____anders____
October 7th, 2008, 19:17
umm.. WoW :p

i got to 64 with my druid :D

apotheosis93
October 7th, 2008, 23:33
Same, mainly played burnout paradise this weekend, oh! wait I shared it with u! lol I read what u said and thought that sounds like derek from ps3, and I read your user and thought no f-ing way!!! lol good to see u on here man

I'll be damned!

Shrygue
October 7th, 2008, 23:50
On Sunday, I played another round of Devil May Cry 4 for PS3. Still can't get past level 29 in that palace area (can't remember the name) but I'm still working on it.

Its' been about 4 years since I played itI also seem to have gotten back into playing the old Game Boy Colour game called Magi Nation, gotten quite far in that right now.