PDA

View Full Version : PMP Mod v1.00 (Media Player for PSP)

wraggster
January 3rd, 2006, 01:27
Jonny (http://jonny.leffe.dnsalias.com/) has released a new version of the Media Player for the PSP, heres the info:

PMP Mod is a media player for PSP.
The "Mod" suffix indicate that this is a modified version, based on the original version from JiniCho. Many thanks goes to JiniCho for porting FFMPEG and FFPLAY to PSP. Without his work, this modified version would never be possible. Starting from version 1.00, i've introduced a custom container, that's why the muxer is needed. You can find more informations about supported video and audio formats here.

I wasn't able to crash it in the last 10 days, it should be stable and reasonably fast.

The player is totally rewritten (now i'm using only libavcodec from FFMPEG).

Zoom option is still missing (for videos with width and/or height < 480x272), apart from this, basic functions are here (pause and seek).

Everything is quite optimized, plus, i use a buffer of about 1 second to prevent slowdown on complexity spikes and keep the psp spinning frames.

It's programmed in a way that av will never desync (when a scene is too power demanding you'll notice audio skipping).

Today i've tested the battery, the app eat ~40% for a 2 hours movie (not bad considering the cpu @333 and the me running).

Download via the comments :)

Thanks to theelise for the news tip ;)

andrewgabriel77
January 3rd, 2006, 02:10
where's the download?

wraggster
January 3rd, 2006, 02:13
shoot ill upload, silly me :(

flingo
January 3rd, 2006, 02:19
I Can't make it work with the loader 2.0. :(

Produkt
January 3rd, 2006, 02:24
This wont work with the loader

It uses more resources in order to decode the videos....

The good thing is this will revolutions PSP movie watching... freeing us forever of the poor quality of 1.5 videos codecs :P

I am glad that johnny has made the work he has on PMP its quite magical :D

King of the Losers
January 3rd, 2006, 05:34
wtf does "pmp_lib_open: not a valid pmp file" mean? doesnt it play avi movies? thats what i was trying to watch

edit: nvm im noob i needed to DL the converter

King of the Losers
January 3rd, 2006, 06:00
how do i resize my video? it says it is over 480 does the converter not do that?

Mew
January 3rd, 2006, 12:21
Sorry for asking this, but which formats does it play?

Kloe
January 3rd, 2006, 13:06
why are those two files you have for download, microsoft word files? O.o

Mr.Modem
January 3rd, 2006, 13:46
Sorry for asking this, but which formats does it play?

It plays its own video container called pmp. It's basically the same as divx, xvid and mp4 (compression algorithms used in avi files). You need the muxer (can be found on Jonnys website) to "convert" avi files to the pmp format. The only thing that has to be done before muxing is to extract the audio from the movie to mp3.

slayer2psp
January 3rd, 2006, 15:42
what a pain to use not very user friendly i cant get anything to encode it fails every time good idea it just needs to be fixed up a bit the audio part is a pain in the ass need a better converter

Top1
January 3rd, 2006, 17:58
You can find more informations about supported video and audio formats here.

:confused:

WHERE?

Nono-O
January 4th, 2006, 07:09
great job

Psphreak
January 4th, 2006, 19:14
cool app, but I can't manage to pmp any of my avi files. I keep getting an "Error cannot open <video>.avi"