PDA

View Full Version : Doom PSP b6, now with music and PWADS

wraggster
January 3rd, 2006, 01:51
StereoMike (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=4521) has released a new version of the port of Doom to the PSP, heres the full info:

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/Doom2_2.png

I have been hacking away at the source of the Doom PSP port and have now got a lot of new features added to it. I'll just paste the changelog and let you all test it out. You will need atleast the shareware wad to run it.

-Music now works fine
Uses samples from the opensource freepats.opensrc.org
Needs these placed in the inst directory. This is included in the package.
The library libtimidity that is used is included with full src for others to add midi music. Just take a look i_sound.c in the doom src for an example of using it.

-Added Selection of PWAD to load in addition to the main (I)WAD.
PWADS should be put in a directory below the WAD directory
for example
PSP/GAME/DoomPSP
PSP/GAME/DoomPSP/WADS --put the main wads here
PSP/GAME/DoomPSP/WADS/PWADS --put the PWADS here

Select with triangle.
Can also view txt-files, scroll with Square button.

-Can now load IWADs that are not named correctly. Just assumes that it's a Doom 2 wad.
This makes for example DUKENUKEM.WAD load and run without having to rename it to DOOM2.WAD

-Compiled against latest PSPSDK

-Changed key usage to cross for selection in wad list and circle to go back.

-Changed exit screen to say "press x to exit" instead of "press y to exit"

-Fixed going back one directory by using circle button.

-Rearranged a bit in the code.

Download from Here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/doompsp.shtml

JoshM248
January 3rd, 2006, 02:43
Hmm, Great.

just one little problem. (Here at least)

The screen is shifted over to the right a little and it scrolls over to the other side of the screen. Kinda strange.

I might get a pic up after I get this damn Cardreader working.

Nono-O
January 3rd, 2006, 02:53
PWADS ???
what is that ?

Screwie5150
January 3rd, 2006, 08:40
the screen is off centerd just a bit.... can it be fixed???
But i really like what i'm seeing n' hearing, I like!!!...
:D :D :D

dj2005
January 3rd, 2006, 09:01
PWADs are mod files. A WAD is the full game (doom1, doom2, etc) and a PWAD modifies sound,textures, or whatever.

Produkt
January 3rd, 2006, 11:03
This is verry helpfull if you have doom 2, and say the CS "Mod Version" because now you can play doom 2 with counter-strike guns :D

But most importantly Its the full doom now. All we need to finish the mix is a GL rendered doom.

StereoMike
January 3rd, 2006, 18:50
I've found the bug with the screen alignment and the music volume so i'm releasing a fixed version.

http://thesaint.mine.nu/~stereomike/doompspb6fix.zip

attached below also - wraggster-

Changes in Doom-PSP v0.04 S.S b6 fix

-Fixed problem with screen alignment
Was a problem with the memory aligment of the texture.

-Increased the music volume to a normal level

wraggster
January 3rd, 2006, 22:07
thanks for the update/fix :)

Jman0708
January 3rd, 2006, 22:29
is there a wayto remove the music cause its anyoing to play vcertain games

Jman0708
January 3rd, 2006, 22:36
uhh im kinda mad becuase u still cant u deh files it sucks but its goood i wana remove the music!

brunobelo
January 4th, 2006, 00:12
Doom 2 with music! Awesome! I love Doom 2 music! But, when I start the wad the app runs that DOS stuff (init DOOM refresh daemon...) and the PSP hangs. :-( I couldn't play this game. :-( My PSP is 1.5 and it hangs with DOOM.WAD and DOOM2.WAD... Any idea?

pjlogan
January 4th, 2006, 10:08
Doom 2 with music! Awesome! I love Doom 2 music! But, when I start the wad the app runs that DOS stuff (init DOOM refresh daemon...) and the PSP hangs. :-( I couldn't play this game. :-( My PSP is 1.5 and it hangs with DOOM.WAD and DOOM2.WAD... Any idea?

Mine did the very same thing, it all starts up then hangs after all the dos stuff. I know this don't help you but might make you feel less alone. Will try the new version & see if it works.

brennanmceachran
January 7th, 2006, 02:11
I've got the same thing happening. If anyone knows how to help please do so. I'm quite excited about playing Doom on my psp! Its seems awsome!

blackbad88
January 9th, 2006, 14:58
Were is doom 2 located?