PDA

View Full Version : Quake II PSP - Controls

wraggster
January 3rd, 2006, 07:29
McZonk (http://teamemergencyexit.blogspot.com/) has posted more info about theport of Quake 2 to the PSP, heres the news:

I think my Quake II PSP is the most configurable game on the psp now :) I added the options for select the analog nub behavior now.

Following options are availiable:

look: look up and down, turn left and right
move: walk forward and back, turn left and right
strafe: walk forward and back, move left and right
This should offer a good configuration to everyone. But there are a lot of actions in quake. So I added the headphone remote control too.
I worked on a basic layout for quake 2 togehter with Rikki Tikki Tavi. We did't agree in all points so it is good everyone can adjust controls himself. This is the basic layout for Quake II.
The blue options could be changed. The red options are hardcoded. You don't have to own a remote control but it is nice for extra actions.

Check out the screenshots via comments:

lilvietquoc
January 3rd, 2006, 07:45
hm....wat if someone made the headphone remote be compatible to use on a n64 emulator... kinda difficult to manuver...but its a thought...
srry kinda off topic...

MadMonkee
January 3rd, 2006, 08:18
Loookin sexy, enough droolin though GIMMEE QUAKEEEEEEEEEE!! NEED MY FIX!

PSPdemon
January 3rd, 2006, 08:22
great job on Quake2 controls McZonk... i hope that it comes out soon because i cant wait till i can finnally play a good 3D shooter on my psp!!!

P.S. if you need some custom eboot loader i might be able to help u : )

Mew
January 3rd, 2006, 12:08
How sick is that, that you're using the remote control too? OMG...
THAT's creative, man! ;)
I'm looking forward to it! The release of the first beta will be a big kick for the PSP homebrew community =))

mcmonkey
January 3rd, 2006, 13:41
this is looking to be something quite out of the ordinary, Im definately looking forward to its release

alepus
January 3rd, 2006, 13:57
hm....wat if someone made the headphone remote be compatible to use on a n64 emulator... kinda difficult to manuver...but its a thought...
srry kinda off topic...

what the **** has that got to do with quake 2 u stupid ass? dont be such a disrespectful idiot.

McZonk. great job! i am really looking forward to playing the game. to be honest i never liked q2 as much as the q1. but the idea having quake2 wifi lan if u manage to figure it out is soooo sexy. need to buy a bigger memstick. damn u mczonk! ;)

bugo
January 3rd, 2006, 15:28
wow, wifi quake 2 will be neat! really good job with controls... I agree!

Cap'n 1time
January 3rd, 2006, 15:54
zonk is bringing us the full experiance... wow :o . you have my blessing

slayer2psp
January 3rd, 2006, 18:20
very cool cant wait to try this game. i love fps this is my most wanted game even out of the retail stuff

AtariFreek
January 3rd, 2006, 19:37
Holy **** Now How Cool Is That Using The Remote??? Sure Just That Idea Alone Can Open Up A New World Of Homebrew Oppertunities, Great Job McZonk!

bah
January 3rd, 2006, 21:19
Look sounds perfect to me
:)
Analogue as look, the 4 symbol face buttons as forwards/back and strafe, R as fire, L as jump and I dont think I could be happier with an FPSs controlls on the PSP.

The port is looking fantastic, im trying to finish gta asap so I can downgrade to play this.

Nono-O
January 4th, 2006, 07:09
great job on Quake2 controls McZonk