PDA

View Full Version : GOLDENEYE 64 TO SHINE ON DS!

wraggster
August 25th, 2004, 19:29
News From Nintendo DS News (http://nds-news.netfirms.com/) [br][br] Internet rumours from Canada are speculating that the GoldenEye game for Nintendo DS, which EA and Nintendo announced a short while back, is in fact based on Rare's seminal N64 classic, with the added bonus of link-up play for up to 16 players.[br]Although these reports remain pure speculation at this stage, one source is citing that this information is 100-percent "confirmed" and has been leaked from contacts at the publishing giant EA.[br][br]It's suggested that the game is being developed by EA, is exclusive to Nintendo and will allow for between eight-16 players to join in at any one time, with possibilities for wi-fi Internet play. It is, however, unknown whether the game will be built using the original engine.[br][br]So any substance to these rumours? Well at this stage we simply can't say as attempts to contact EA to query the publisher about the reports have so far proved fruitless - nobody has been available for comment.[br][br]Knowing how popular N64 GoldenEye was (and still is), however, we wouldn't be surprised if there was an element of truth to this story. Time will tell.

kit786
August 31st, 2004, 16:37
That would be awesome ( Goldeneye was one of my favourite games on the n64), but think that it is near impossiable since Rare own the code to the N64 game. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Eric
August 31st, 2004, 20:44
lol DUH it was everyones favourite and was even cool cause i would never play a game against my buddies cause i know they would kick my @$$ but i did anyways just cause it was so damn fun and genious graphics were great at that time for 64 bit and the normal game itself was awesome and the cheats made the game more interesting adding in things that would make the game different from playing the regular and multiplayer mode

Hola
August 31st, 2004, 21:51
It's a really dated shooter why would anyone wanna play this in 2004? It wasnt good compared to Quake then and its not good compared to real FPS's now.

WHurricane16
September 1st, 2004, 00:21
Goldeneye is over rated.

Kron
September 1st, 2004, 02:43
No its not. Its alot more interesting and has alot more variety than most of the linear FPS's that are released today.

kit786
September 1st, 2004, 07:03
I gotta agree with Kron there, the likes of Quake and UT are a bit too in your face if you know what I mean.

Eric
September 1st, 2004, 09:13
all i have to say no offense to quake cause it is a great game but i didnt find it as fun as Goldeneye if your refering to Quake 3 Arena Reasons:

Quake 3 Arena:Graphics were amazing controls were decent cheats not as many as GoldenEye not making it alot different playing original modes multiplayer was pretty cool but i found it was to easy to kill people with some of the one shot killers you can find and you cant choose the weapons you want to use that i believe anyway and it doesnt give you a reward when the multiplayer mode is done

Goldeneye:Same except cheat codes cause it had a wack load you could choose your weapons, you get rewards and the game was overall a wicked game

wraggster
September 1st, 2004, 11:18
hmm sorry but i find the quake/doom games boring :)

now if only the dreamcast could have conflict desert storm :)

goldeneye is one of the all time greats, not my cup of tea but great none the less

Maximo2703
September 1st, 2004, 20:18
hmm seems to me that DS is basicly going to be like a portable Nintendo 64. which would be great. considering 64 was great for its time. i wonder if they'll release the zelda 64 titles maybe even the verison of zelda 64 that we never got...i dont know how many of you seen screens of the verison we never got

Eric
September 1st, 2004, 20:22
Wraggster i didnt say i hated GoldenEye and infact i said it was better then Quake but however i still like those games but the old ones are getting quite boring

Hola
September 1st, 2004, 22:37
hmm seems to me that DS is basicly going to be like a portable Nintendo 64. which would be great. considering 64 was great for its time. i wonder if they'll release the zelda 64 titles maybe even the verison of zelda 64 that we never got...i dont know how many of you seen screens of the verison we never got
Yes a portable N64 vs a portable PS2 I wonder which will win *rolls eyes*

Kron
September 2nd, 2004, 03:06
Yes a portable N64 vs a portable PS2 I wonder which will win *rolls eyes*

The one that is most affordable, Yes people are superficial when it comes to graphics but if the PSP is going to launch at an expected high price then the DS should have the market.

wraggster
September 2nd, 2004, 11:09
theres already a portable N64/Snes Player by the name of IQue :)

plug it into your tv and hey presto

i see the DS winning this one especailly with backwards compatibility

Hola
September 2nd, 2004, 11:50

plug it into your tv and hey presto

i see the DS winning this one especailly with backwards compatibility
I have an Ique and I love the thing but I wish there was a portable screen and battery pack.

wraggster
September 2nd, 2004, 12:33
a proper flash cart would be nice

Hola
September 2nd, 2004, 13:57
I dont wanna flash card for it I dont need any warez for it I got all the n64 game i'd ever wanna play with the release of all 10 Ique games.

Cosnett
September 15th, 2004, 08:34
i just want them to hurry up and get on with making it, if at all.
sooner the better i saw ... 'nuff said

Ian_micheal
September 16th, 2004, 02:55
Game is dated now like the DS is so i guess it might be fun but it was never as good as a real fps on a pc to me.

DemoniusX
September 20th, 2004, 13:01
DS seems like it will rock a lot. speaking of Over rated shooters, HALO is still WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY overrated. the game sux. Golden eye is loads of fun. especially when blowing up scientisits with remote mines.

josephiles
September 21st, 2004, 03:58
;D GoldenEye will be the first FPS i buy! it was so cool on the N64 and it will rock the DS!

Tiri
September 21st, 2004, 05:54
what are you talking about man halo is awesome..it was overrated but i think mabey you hate it cause you suck at it ;)

josephiles
September 22nd, 2004, 04:26
I think Halo 2 is good, but goldeneye for the ds will be better, ( the fact that its wireless that is ) but im not saying halo is crap...just halo 2 is better

Cosnett
September 22nd, 2004, 06:16
Halo .. *sigh* i still have to play that game >.>
Halo 2 is Veeerrryyy good tho ;D

and after reading about this post i got back to playing Goldeneye again on the good ol '64, i still think that its a great game

Darksaviour69
September 22nd, 2004, 07:49
guys, halo 2 is not out yet, sure it Probably will be great, but never assume, it makes an ASS out of U and ME

lantus
September 22nd, 2004, 08:18

portable SNES player? whaaaaattttttttt?

link me!

Darksaviour69
September 22nd, 2004, 08:21
http://www.lik-sang.com/list.php?nav=left_sub&category=245&

josephiles
September 22nd, 2004, 09:20
what the hell is an IQue?

buy the way i have read the link?

Cosnett
September 22nd, 2004, 09:21
guys, halo 2 is not out yet, sure it Probably will be great, but never assume, it makes an ASS out of U and ME

ACTUALLY i played the game (Halo 2) at EGN ExCeL Arena in London, September 1st.
First ever PLayable version of it in the UK :P

SO I DO know what its like to play, don't say i assume XP

it can be found out more by the people who organised it at-spud returns Game Stars Live (http://gamestarslive.co.uk/), which was aired on ITV in the UK.

josephiles
September 22nd, 2004, 09:23
i may go next year...anyone else going? you may see the revolotion? any one else going?

Darksaviour69
September 22nd, 2004, 09:37
http://ique.netfirms.com/

ique was released in china. in china is full of Piratcy, so the most consoles are not released there. nintendo released as a very cheap console with very cheap games,

Cosnett: i guess i assumed ;D

Cosnett
September 24th, 2004, 04:32
no prob,
and on the first page of that site it has teh GBA Flash Cartridge, i so wanna get that.
download Megaman Zero1,2&3 onto teh cartridge and play it when i travel ^_^

josephiles
September 24th, 2004, 04:47
There bringing Megaman out on DS, you may need to get it!!!!!! wireless conections!

josephiles
September 28th, 2004, 04:28
The first Goldeneye Pic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It tok me ages to find this!!!

Darksaviour69
September 28th, 2004, 06:06
that looks very fake :-/

josephiles
September 28th, 2004, 07:32
another

Hawq
October 1st, 2004, 10:38
Interestingly M$ have said they arent keen to let Rare do any games for rival systems, including the DS, but a Rare employee said recently (well about a month or just over back anyway, I got behind on my reading) 'we aren't doing any ds games, are we? or are we?' personally I have to wonder wether a Goldeneye on DS would appear from them or be done by Free Radical, remember they are pretty much the entire Goldeneye team, might be a way round it

hitmandakilla
March 15th, 2007, 20:15
Goldeneye is over rated.

u say dat cuz u suck at it bro, :p , u probbably get strait stomped.

ExcruciationX
March 15th, 2007, 20:36
u say dat cuz u suck at it bro, :p , u probbably get strait stomped.
Jeez, how old is this??? :confused:

Kamon
March 15th, 2007, 23:31

OOT its a must