PDA

View Full Version : Start of a New Year (06)

PSmonkey
January 3rd, 2006, 17:06
Well its the start of the new year and thus means time to get my ass back in gear. So here is info as to whats going on globaly.

1) BspViewer 0.3 is being delayed some more. This is all in due to me cleaning up the source code and trying to re organise things. This is a good thing because hopefuly next build you can start loading and unloading maps & md2 models with out having to reboot the app every time. As well hopefuly let you select any map by filename insted of the bs testXX.bsp setup now.

2) My ass is in high gear over the Dcemu compo. I have 7 days to pretty much write a game. See below for more info regarding this.

3) Bof3 trans is dead 100%. We gave up mostly because its not worth the time investment with capcom finaly bringing an english release early this year. Plus this give me more free time to work on the 3d engine. Clessy contains all rights to the code and my documentation. He is free to do as he pleases with it (so its up to him if the info will be released).

4) ngPsp might see an update release in the comming months. My good friend yoshi has taken the time off to port the code to the newest sdk (I was on the original nem setup). This is great as it saves me weeks from getting it done. Once thing settle a little on the 3d engine. I will jump back over and get things cleaned up and finaly get a damn freaking multiplayer build out (sorry it took over a year, ran into many adhoc bugs that someone else figured out now).

---------------------------------------------------
Dcemu Compo

Ok so what do I got cooking? Well me (coder), MGFox (Map Maker) & Produkt (Texturing & Lighting) are working on a very small and basic FPS/TPS for the psp. The maps will be very small but the basis is that users can build their own maps if they wish or use their favorite quake 2 character models.

So far there is tons of work to be done. I do plan to keep updating this project to some extent after the compo release. The only thing is I am a little worried the compo entry might be more of a alpha build then an actual game (due to there being so much needed to be done).

Anyways. See Forums for an early screen shot of the game. Keep checking back for this screenshot to evolve.

PSmonkey
January 4th, 2006, 15:16
Yay, after alot of work yesterday. My main.c went from around 3k lines down to 454. I sorted code out to where it belongs. Things are more structured and even a bit cleaner now. I also started implementing movement based on time but it seems to hickup from time to time. :(

-LO-LEADER2
January 5th, 2006, 03:43
Looks really great. If you have any extra time could you please add some more screenshots?

Produkt
January 5th, 2006, 03:46
I think that requires me finishing up some stuff :P

Yea 3 basic ones down (less than 15 mins :D) then I went on a coffe break

And the rest will be done tomarrow...

PSmonkey
January 5th, 2006, 17:59
Small Update. I've gotten a few additional things in & cleaned up a little more code.

I am not sure how far i will push for the bsp viewer but I have health items loading up now (only 1 type atm).

PSmonkey
January 6th, 2006, 07:42
produkt,

if you're still alive ;) Please email me the latest maps. I wish to see how they turned out (neither u or fox were on thursday).

Produkt
January 6th, 2006, 12:08
I was on, just not the whole time...

PSmonkey
January 6th, 2006, 20:28
Uggg.. Yay and PSmonkey said let there be collissions and so it was yet half assed.

I have BSP Brush Colission implemented but does not seem to work fully. It works for half of the map but the other half it either crashes or does not pick up. Plus a few objects in my map have no colission (eh maybe different flag i must check)?

Anyways hopefuly I can figure out this crash tonight and have working colission code (and it did not kill the framerate like i fear it would, god bless sony for actualy putting in a floating point unit unlike the cheak bastards at nintendo).

Produkt,
If you can please, please email me the maps. Fox did not have them. :(
I PMed you the email address to use.

Produkt
January 6th, 2006, 20:49
Still need to finish texturing but, the later one is done.

PSmonkey
January 8th, 2006, 05:33
THANK GOD !!

I found the collission bug and it was a stupid error on my part. I made a mistake on the load function and did not load up all the brush information.

Really the biggest thing left I think i need to do over all to make this bsp viewer better is to finaly implement some way to clip polygons. I found a great method but it will take some time to write & is a little costly.

But anyways thats into the future (along with shaders).

Regarding the compo. Man things are really getting down to the wire here. The maps are starting to really come together. They just need some additional work and they will be great. I still need to write a game (still just doing engine work atm). I can still let you in on a little info. There will be about 4 maps avalible with the compo but more can be generated. Sadly the maps will be single floor but this is due to their not being enough time to improve on the collission system. Future builds will fix this issue. There will be health boxes & amo but only 1 weapon by default. The game model used will be the alien model seen in recent screen shots.

Thats really about it at the moment. More will come around monday once i get more close to the wire. I have much to do but being a comercial coder, I am soo use to it all comming together at the last min. Sadly tho if it does not, I still will have a compo entry but after a few days / 1 week, a revised build will be out with more improvements.

Lets all just heavly cross our fingers I can get wifi in for the compo entry (if not, there will be some pretty retarded bots running around which is lame).

Jman0708
January 10th, 2006, 00:21
heya guys can i get into this thingy also i coded a wad for doom named counter strike looks good