PDA

View Full Version : SuperTux PSP Edition 03.01.06

wraggster
January 3rd, 2006, 20:39
Another port of Super Tux has been released for the PSP this time by Jomar Johansen (http://jomarj.tihlde.org/projects/supertux/), heres the info:

Description:
SuperTux is a jump'n run like game, with strong inspiration from the Super
Mario Bros games for Nintendo. Run and jump through multiple worlds, fighting off enemies by jumping on them or bumping them from below. Grabbing power-ups and other stuff on the way.

Controls:
Directional pad to steer Tux
X = jump
SQUARE = run
CIRCLE = shoot
START = menu

Installation:
For firmware version 1.50, unpack and copy SuperTux and SuperTux% folders
to /PSP/GAME/ on your PSP.

For firmware version 1.0 unpack and copy SuperTux folder to /PSP/GAME/, and then replace SyperTux/EBOOT.PBP with the FW1.0/EBOOT.PBP file.

Port changes:
- psp button input
- images resized
- 16:9 screen support
- separated run and fire button
- added some gore
- other minor changes

Screenshots and download via the comments (Lets compare both versions :))

AtariFreek
January 3rd, 2006, 22:38
Sorry This IS Off Topic But I Have To Tell Some One I Upgraded To PLAY GTA LCS But Then I Wanted To Downgrade, I Started The Downgrade And It Told Me My Battery Was To Low, I Foce Shut IT Down And Restarted, And Had To Change The System Settings, Which Was Weird. I Then Checked System Settings... It Went From 2.0-1.0 And I Still Have The Browser And Theme Selection!!!

T-2000
January 4th, 2006, 00:16
weird, normally wont attempt to downgrade in that condition...
and yeh off topic...lol amazing what excitement can do..

T-2000
January 4th, 2006, 00:17
dpad control, that will be so much better and different..

pspvik
January 4th, 2006, 02:18
@AtariFreek:you did it wrong....

pspvik
January 4th, 2006, 02:19
@AtariFreek:u needed to have your AC adapter plugged into your psp. when the psp has 2.0 features but a 1.0 title, that means that you didn't completely finish the downgrade and is strongly suggested that you complete it. its possible that having your psp in the state that yours is in, might be dangerous to your psp.

Nono-O
January 4th, 2006, 07:08
ist das wirklich so brutal wie auf dem bild?

Dav0s
January 4th, 2006, 16:21
It works for v2.0 :D
/PSP/GAME/Supertux/data
and the FW1.0 Eboot in:
/PSP/GAME/Supertux

and you're ready to play with ebootloader 0.9 :)

Mediumwell
April 20th, 2006, 22:58
danget, too big for my psp so far, i need to either delete games or wait patiently for my 1gp stick coming in the mail <_<

~Med~

grin.ch
April 28th, 2006, 19:39
this game is very, very well done. However, I don't like the 'slippery' controls. I try to jump, but there is a small delay so I always die by falling in the pits. So I don't really play it... I should take it off my MS, but for some reason I just can't.