PDA

View Full Version : Another idea for a 2.50 downgrader!!!

gotmilk0112
January 3rd, 2006, 23:38
okay.
THINGS NEEDED
-------------------------
2.50 TIF Patch Override Exploit
1.50 update EBOOT
SXT Version Changer
-------------------------
use one of the 2.50 exploits like the TIF patch override exploit, then make it run SXT Version changer to change verion to 1.00 then use the 1.50 update EBOOT to upgrade to 1.50 even though you are really downgrading!

am i smart or what. :p :D :D :D :D

will this work??? :p

HeX
January 4th, 2006, 00:26
I dont think this well work...

gotmilk0112
January 4th, 2006, 00:34
Aw c'mon. it was just an idea! :p

IndianCheese
January 4th, 2006, 01:33
It would work if you were more specific. How would you use the TIFF override exploit to run the SXT Version Changer?

dtale15
January 4th, 2006, 05:12
its a good idea

gotmilk0112
January 4th, 2006, 12:25
i dunno how you would make it run code! how did they make MPH Downgrader run the code? i don't know anything about coding >.<

MGFox
January 4th, 2006, 12:28
It won't work, that was one of first things they tried when they found out they could run code using a 2.00 exploit... If it was just a case of running a version changer followed by an update, why would they have a complicated and sophisticated downgrader?

The PSP is smarter then you think, you guys don't give Sony much credit, do you?

Cheers,
Fox

Nono-O
January 4th, 2006, 13:59
Die idee hatte jemand schon

MGFox
January 4th, 2006, 14:28
Die idee hatte jemand schon

Translation

Someones already had that idea

Cheers,
Fox

Cap'n 1time
January 4th, 2006, 14:56
hmmm gotmilk and indian cheese should combine to create ULTIMATE MULTI THREAD ABOUT HACKING MAN! jk :)

gotmilk0112
January 4th, 2006, 20:20
lol. i have great idea but they never work! xP ( i always think of these idea when i am bored at school lol) me + indianCheese = PWNAGE H4XORS

IndianCheese
January 5th, 2006, 04:04
It won't work, that was one of first things they tried when they found out they could run code using a 2.00 exploit... If it was just a case of running a version changer followed by an update, why would they have a complicated and sophisticated downgrader?

The PSP is smarter then you think, you guys don't give Sony much credit, do you?

Cheers,
Fox

It's not actually a downgrader. Apparently you never downgraded. The downgrader makes the 2.00 PSP think it is a 1.00 PSP so the 1.50 update can be run, thus downgrading.

( i always think of these idea when i am bored at school lol)

Right on! You are not alone!

Kaiser
January 5th, 2006, 05:29
A downgrader through the GTA save game exploit is probably the most plausible.

But a downgrader is not as important as getting a PSP that can run all homebrew and the latest games. Customized firmwares are being developed and a few have already been released. Soon we will all be able to run homebrew straight off the memory card with no stage in between it. None of these modified firmwares make any of these new games to work yet though. Modified Firmware is the most logical next step for the PSP scene. Even though this may take months or even a couple of years to really take-off.

Fanjita
January 5th, 2006, 13:39
Downgrading via GTA is not currently possible, and is unlikely to ever be.

And to restate (in paraphrase) the OP's original idea : "Why don't we use a fake exploit method to run a downgrader" - it won't work, there is no such thing as "the v2.50 TIFF overflow override", it's fake.

bourbon bot
January 5th, 2006, 14:14
do not no much about it but if pc could see psp as a device and not a drive
could it be flashed like a pc device firmware upgrade or bios upgrade
independent of psp