PDA

View Full Version : Tekken 6 announced for Xbox 360

Darksaviour69
October 9th, 2008, 10:57
During his keynote at the 2008 Tokyo Game Show, Microsoft's John Schappert announced that beloved fighting franchise Tekken would be making the leap to the Xbox 360 in 2009 with Tekken 6. The Xbox 360 version will feature the Bloodline Rebellion update that recently went live in Japanese arcades, which introduces two new characters, Alisa Boskonovich and Lars Alexanderson. This marks the first time the series has appeared outside of a Sony, and while it isn't an exclusive, Tekken 6 with Xbox Live multiplayer is a major boon for 360 owners around the world. Look for it next fall.

via Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/5060873/tekken-6-coming-to-xbox-360)

Baboon
October 9th, 2008, 12:30
Thats fantastic news.

Another ps3 former exclusive. lol

Xiofire
October 9th, 2008, 14:48
Oh for gods sake.
Is there any reason why I have a PS3 anymore?

-Xiofire

Darksaviour69
October 9th, 2008, 15:04
Oh for gods sake.
Is there any reason why I have a PS3 anymore?

-Xiofire

Just have to say lol

Still Sony have been come a powerful publisher in the last 10 years, and have a good few tricks up there sleeves. I have to say the littlebigplanet looks like a really interesting game and the first PS3 I'm (as a Xbox 360 owner) and jealous for.

Baboon
October 9th, 2008, 15:22
Just have to say lol

Still Sony have been come a powerful publisher in the last 10 years, and have a good few tricks up there sleeves. I have to say the littlebigplanet looks like a really interesting game and the first PS3 I'm (as a Xbox 360 owner) and jealous for.

Yeah I'd have to agree with that too. Little big Planet looks pretty amazing.

I was intrigued with Metal Geear Solid on the PS3 but after all the hype and finally having a go on it I was very disappointed. The other big title would be Gran Turismo but at the rate things are going that will never come out! lol ...and fook paying for a demo of its current incarnation.

Back on topic I'm really glad that Tekken6 is coming to the 360. Tekken was one of my fav titles when I had a ps1 and ps2 so to get my hands on a version on 360 will be sweet on my hori stick on xbox live.

Namco are spoiling us on the 360... first by exclusively releasing AceCombat 6 on the 360 which was formally a sony only game, then recently the excellent soul caliber IV and now tekken also coming to xbox. I guess money talks?

Happy days. :)

Xiofire
October 9th, 2008, 17:05
As I have both systems, I will probably pick this up on PS3 anyway, but I do get the horrible feeling that my PS3 is turning into my Wii, a paperweight. I havent touched it in months, with most of my gaming happening on the 360 and my PC. And LittleBigPlanet doesnt float my boat. I hope Sony can pull something out of no where, fast.

-Xiofire

pibs
October 9th, 2008, 18:16
I was intrigued with Metal Geear Solid on the PS3 but after all the hype and finally having a go on it I was very disappointed. The other big title would be Gran Turismo but at the rate things are going that will never come out! lol ...and fook paying for a demo of its current incarnation.

MGS4 was alright but fanboys blow it out of proportion. It kinda felt like one of those movie games on the sega cd hah but I never passed it because im horrible at stealth games.

GT games have become an endangered species in the world of gaming. What the hell happened to GT4 Mobile! didn't they even release the GT psp?
http://img.engadget.com/common/images/8266274416227141.JPG?0.5296920531983317

oowell......

I was going to get tekken either way but now it will be for the 360 since I have a set of arcade sticks:D and it does suck for fanboys because the port supposable is the reason for the delay. I really don't care since I will be playing SF4 in the meanwhile:p

Baboon
October 9th, 2008, 20:40
I was going to get tekken either way but now it will be for the 360 since I have a set of arcade sticks:D and it does suck for fanboys because the port supposable is the reason for the delay. I really don't care since I will be playing SF4 in the meanwhile:p

Yeah its seems like a bit of fighting game revival happening... to go with Tekken6 theres Soul Calibur IV, SFIV, Tatsunoko vs Capcom (its on the wii but this looks pretty amazing), SF2 hyper fighting hd remix thingymabob etc etc. lol ...Good times! :thumbup: To complment my hori stick I'm hoping to get one of the SFIV pads when they come out seeing as the xbox dpad is so shite.

I never thought I'd see Tekken on a microsoft console so I'm really quite chuffed with this news. :)