PDA

View Full Version : NEO 2in1 4GB PSP Released

wraggster
January 6th, 2006, 02:13
Is this the real threat to Datels 4GB Hard Drive (http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=307&products_id=7825&lsaid=219793) as the big storage item for the PSP ?

Dr Neo (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,1387.0.html) let me know earlier that the 4GB hard drive by NeoFlash was ready, check out all the screens via the comments:

caseyhalone
January 6th, 2006, 05:03
um when and where can i buy? same battery drain as datel's?

.:PSP1.0:.
January 6th, 2006, 06:08
Now that would really come in real handy for movie conversions on the PSP.. :)

slayer2psp
January 6th, 2006, 06:43
sweet and $169.99 usa isnt bad with 4gb plus you can use other memory cards i want one. on a side not i was at target today and they had the 2200
sony batterys in stock the one that came out in japan a few months back it has like 20% longer life it sell for $39.99 not bad good to see it out in the states

John Vattic
January 6th, 2006, 07:54
if it runs on 1.0 or 1.5 firmware. i might think about it.

Psphreak
January 6th, 2006, 08:23
I wonder if it suffers from the same stuttering problem with video/music as Datels. If not, this is going to be a very nice add-on

Ewan
January 6th, 2006, 15:03
I wonder if it suffers from the same stuttering problem with video/music as Datels. If not, this is going to be a very nice add-on

I was thinking the same thing... And the fact it might fit on the back of my playgear pocket would be nice, too.

MadMonkee
January 6th, 2006, 17:10
Well... this I don't think will be a good idea because the Datel one at least had a 2x battery so the drainage of power for the harddrive to spin was bearable. But this one is gonna suck up the battery pretty fast.

Here's a GREAT idea for all the makers out there.

Just make a friggin Memory Stick converter to Memory Stick duo.

It will be thin, almost unnoticable due to it's original size, it will suck up almost no battery (well maybe %3 more) but you can include a watch battery to help that so it self powers.

Ya wanna know why? Because Mini Hard Drive is NOT necessary, the firmware of PSP can only recognize partitions as large as 4GB. And Memory Stick already HAS 4GB out for sale, I just want to buy a converter.

And you can use the small space behind the PSP the Right Panel side for the chip to go into. You can even shave the little Dent off on the Memory Stick cap of the PSP so the converter thin cord can pass through it. It would be perfectly discreet. Or just provide a complete replacement of the right panel on the back. 4GB already implemented in it.

I know price can go up to nearly 350$ with this. But think about it, no "SLOOW ASS" HD problem, No extreme power drainage and 4GB space which is MAX for PSP anyways, but best of all Nothing dangling off your PSP.

You can even provide a "NO MS INCLUDED" version for 50 60 bucks. And that would sell more.

RedKing14CA
January 6th, 2006, 19:26
They just need to make it switchable, like an 8 gig hard drive that you can switch to 4 GB or the other 4GB

and it would also be nice to have a memory stick slot in a 4gig hard drive so you can switch to the memory stick...

IndianCheese
January 6th, 2006, 23:55
The only way 2gb couldn't be enough for you is either you use ISOs or have a buttload of movies.

MadMonkee
January 7th, 2006, 03:06
Indian Cheese I must protest at your signature. I spend 290 bucks on Untold Legends, Wipeout Pure, Twisted Metal, Dynasty Warriors, Pirates of the Carribean Movie, Rengoku, An Extra Battery, Headphones and USB Charging + Mini cable which I carried in a glasses case with me, everywhere with the psp. I left it in a bookstore one day, and someone took it....

ALL MY ****ING GAMES! O_O... Gone... Even 2 more movies I had gotten for my birthday, poof... stolen.

And you are saying playing ISOs are bad? If I hadn't ripped the ISOs of those UMDs, I would NEVER be able to play the games I loved again. I had to rip the movies from my DVDs... but still it costs me a ton of Memory Stick space. I think the main purpose of ISO playing is to back your shit up and to get to sample the game of course. If I were to play rengoku a little before I bought it, shit I would never buy that crappy ass game. But once you buy it you can't return it either, at least in the mall or in walmart that's the policy. I got to play Twisted Metal's ISO, I loved it so I bought it. I think ISOs are quite well done and thought of gives you the security of never losing your games, which I had done to me. Also the ability to RATE well or RATE bad. This way only companies who make good games keep making them, better for the public, good business for the better man.

Festizzio
January 7th, 2006, 03:11
Indian Cheese I must protest at your signature. I spend 290 bucks on Untold Legends, Wipeout Pure, Twisted Metal, Dynasty Warriors, Pirates of the Carribean Movie, Rengoku, An Extra Battery, Headphones and USB Charging + Mini cable which I carried in a glasses case with me, everywhere with the psp. I left it in a bookstore one day, and someone took it....

ALL MY ****ING GAMES! O_O... Gone... Even 2 more movies I had gotten for my birthday, poof... stolen.

And you are saying playing ISOs are bad? If I hadn't ripped the ISOs of those UMDs, I would NEVER be able to play the games I loved again. I had to rip the movies from my DVDs... but still it costs me a ton of Memory Stick space. I think the main purpose of ISO playing is to back your shit up and to get to sample the game of course. If I were to play rengoku a little before I bought it, shit I would never buy that crappy ass game. But once you buy it you can't return it either, at least in the mall or in walmart that's the policy. I got to play Twisted Metal's ISO, I loved it so I bought it. I think ISOs are quite well done and thought of gives you the security of never losing your games, which I had done to me. Also the ability to RATE well or RATE bad. This way only companies who make good games keep making them, better for the public, good business for the better man.

Calm down, it's his sig. He can't help it, it automatically attaches itself to his post, almost like a parasite.

cloudd
January 7th, 2006, 08:25
ya I just want a memory stick pro duo to memory stick pro adapter. Then I'll get me a 4 gb memorystick and store all my homebrew on it. plus you could just make the battery cover stick out a little more(replace it). Say about 4 mm higher and hide the memory stick underneath it with a slot and have a ribbon wire running inside the system underneath everything connecting it to the duo pro slot so you can use either memory stick pro or pro duo everything nice and neat. or even have 2 cards connected at the same time with a mini power switch on the new battery cover.

Is there anyway to use the cheap iPod harddrives Brand new drives $68 USD off of ebay. I remember reading apple changed the pinconfiguration on them???

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-IPOD-MINI-HATICHI-4GB-MICRODRIVE-PARTS_W0QQitemZ5850079501QQcategoryZ48680QQtcZphot oQQcmdZViewItem

one winged angel
January 7th, 2006, 10:03
the psp can go up to 8gb because sony just had to make a new firmware version that is comptable with the fat32 date system

urherenow
January 7th, 2006, 14:03
I don't understand what some people here are talking about. I haven't noticed this 'extreme' battery drain with the hard rive, nor have I had any stuttering in music or movies. If you'd rather use something that doesn't have moving parts you can remove the microdrive and stick in the fastest compact flash card you can find (yes it works) it still won't see more than 4gb though at the moment (firmware problem)