PDA

View Full Version : Getting the Video out of Your New iPod--for Cheap!

wraggster
January 6th, 2006, 02:35
So I buy a video iPod, figuring it would be a cool toy. (Gotta get those toys.) It arrives and I'm ready to give it a whirl. I pony up my two bucks, download the pilot episode of Desperate Housewives, insert a standard A/V-to-RCA cable into the earphone jack and try to play it back on my TV.

No Luck. Damned Apple.

I'm here to tell you not to worry. You don't have to fork out for an outrageously priced "proprietary" Apple video cable. You don't even have to buy an expensive dock. You can connect your Video iPod directly to a TV, and you can do it with the ordinary camcorder A/V-to-RCA cable you probably already have lying around your house.

You just have to be tricky.

Here's how.

What You'll Need
In order to get your iPod connected properly to your TV, you'll need the following items on hand:

A video-capable iPod. Any color will do.
An iPod-compatible video. Load it onto your iPod through iTunes.
An A/V cable. If you don't already have an eighth-inch-to-RCA cable, you can pick one up on eBay for five or six bucks shipped. Search for "camcorder A/V cable." Remember, you want a three-plug yellow/red/white RCA connection at one end and a three-banded eighth-inch (3.5mm) A/V plug at the other.

rest of the article here --> http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2005/11/18/video-ipod.html?page=1