PDA

View Full Version : Higher capacity memory sticks on the way

wraggster
January 6th, 2006, 21:33
Source PSPFanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/01/06/higher-capacity-memory-sticks-on-the-way/)

Coming from The Memory Stick corner of the Sony booth during the International Consumer Electronics Show that's going on has come the introduction of higher capacity Memory Stick PRO Duo media. Dubbed "Gigabyte Life", the exhibit gives us a look at the 4GB and 8GB memory sticks that will be showing up later on this year.

tblazers
January 6th, 2006, 21:41
mmmmm. 8gbs thats alot wonder how much it will cost
:eek:

Sterist
January 6th, 2006, 22:11
eh.. about the same as a ps3?

b8a
January 6th, 2006, 22:14
I read one report that said $1500 (US$) for the 8GB stick. ...Couldn't find anything official though. I think the bigger issue is whether the PSP could use it. Haven't we heard time and time again that the PSP is capped at 4GB for storage devices?

BarfHappy
January 6th, 2006, 22:21
I read one report that said $1500 (US$) for the 8GB stick. ...Couldn't find anything official though. I think the bigger issue is whether the PSP could use it. Haven't we heard time and time again that the PSP is capped at 4GB for storage devices?

It could be like the old memory sticks with a small physical switch to activate one 4GB chip or the other.

blaster_boy
January 6th, 2006, 22:43
Sony will probably update the firmware so that, say, firmware 3.0 can use the 4 and 8 GB sticks.

All those 1.00 and 1.50 with loads of isos who would like to use them probably won't be able to use them, unless they upgrade ofcourse, which makes thoses isos useless !

slayer2psp
January 6th, 2006, 23:09
Sony will probably update the firmware so that, say, firmware 3.0 can use the 4 and 8 GB sticks.

All those 1.00 and 1.50 with loads of isos who would like to use them probably won't be able to use them, unless they upgrade ofcourse, which makes thoses isos useless !
4gb works just fine on the psp the 8gb is something different so you would just get the 4gb and people can do what ever they want. i use iso because they play way better and load faster i buy the games i want and ripp them to play on the msd its way better i have two 2gb msd will buy the 4gb one when its at a good price no need for those lame add on hdd now unless cost is a big deal with them i do like the neo flash thing for the psp though

The_Ultimate_Eggman
January 7th, 2006, 01:18
Mmmm so more firmware updates from the bastard that is sony on the way then ???

Psphreak
January 7th, 2006, 02:15
finally, those 2 gigs will go down in price

MadMonkee
January 7th, 2006, 02:49
MPH's Firmware Emulator will just emulate the 3.00 and you would be able to use your 8GB Memory Stick... Whenever you want to play homebrew, just Hold RTrig+LTrig+START and there ya go. By that time of course someone will make a custom Firmware WITH UMD running capability and browser... also whatever else they will bring with 3.00. Maybe a sandwich making software... shit PSP does pretty much everything other than making me a sandwich, why not implement that?

Nono-O
January 7th, 2006, 09:29
zu teuer
2GB reicht völlig aus

one winged angel
January 7th, 2006, 09:55
translation
to expensive 2GB is enough

Midnight Rider
January 7th, 2006, 14:03
Will there be any software development or homebrew that will bypass firmware update 3.0 for 4GB MSD? (And 8GB if possible) If someone is starting the project, please let me know the details. Thanks :)

urherenow
January 7th, 2006, 14:11
pay attention... 4GB isn't a problem

Midnight Rider
January 7th, 2006, 14:18
pay attention... 4GB isn't a problem
I was curious, because I saw footage on PSPHacking101 Episode 8 that the Hatin 4GB HD (that bulky one) made some music and videos skip every minute. I wonder if that will occur on my PSP.

NOTE: Has anyone tested the 4GB or 8GB MSD? and can prove the evidence, that will be great! ;)