PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo PSP is coming, says Sony

Shrygue
October 10th, 2008, 14:54
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=257041)

Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida has confirmed Gran Turismo PSP is still in development - even though it's been years since the game was first announced.

When asked where GT PSP has got to, Yoshida said, "Good question! It's in Polyphony Digital, they're working on it."

The reason for the delay, according to Yoshida, is that Polyphony have been busy with other projects. "They have been working on Gran Turismo 5 Prologue and Gran Turismo 5 for PS3, so they've had to focus on finishing up Gran Turismo on the PS3 side," he explained. "That's been making the PSP development a little bit slow."

So how much longer is there to wait? Could we see GT PSP next year, for example? "I cannot comment," said Yoshida.

He was also quiet on when we're likely to see anything of the next title from team ICO, simply saying, "I'm in conversation with the team." Presumably a conversation that goes "Have you done it yet?" "No sorry."

Yoshida's comments came in an interview with Eurogamer at the Tokyo Game Show. Read the full article (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=257142) to find out what he thinks about platform exclusivity, the New Xbox Experience and more.

Baboon
October 10th, 2008, 15:18
Whatever. lol

dejkirkby
October 10th, 2008, 17:12
Whatever. lol
My thoughts exactly.
This is vapourware of the highest calibre.

crazyhare
October 10th, 2008, 17:23
Right then...

maxipower90
October 10th, 2008, 17:29
when i see the game in the shops maybe then i will consider believing

Justise
October 10th, 2008, 18:26
Is anyone here who grew tired of waitting?

p1220drs
October 10th, 2008, 18:45
I was on a waiting list for 1 1/2 years, then got a call saying that Sony pulled the game, they were no longer making it.....

Veskgar
October 10th, 2008, 18:56
Wow. SONY was hyping this game before the PSP even launched. So, close to 5 years in the making. The game better be damn good.

jrsmaster411
October 10th, 2008, 19:21
why do Polyphony Digital always take so long to make everything

uberjack
October 10th, 2008, 19:26
So much for 'no ports!' eh? Or maybe that rule only applies to not-Sony.

wolfpack
October 10th, 2008, 19:36
Meh, it isnt worth the wait.

Gran Turismo is okay and all but not that great imo.
Personally I liked Ridge Racer better, but thats just my tastes.

PoorKingz
October 10th, 2008, 21:22
Better be good. Atleast it will have online play.

alanparker05
October 10th, 2008, 22:46
Hey i still play gran turismo 1+2 on my psp... graphics will be better on the new version, but i'm still happy

E.J.
October 10th, 2008, 22:48
Sony should stop this crap about GT4 Mobile, they aren't going to release it... we all know its already stuck in development hell...

Eviltaco64
October 11th, 2008, 01:46
I remember hearing about this awhile ago.
Well, if it does get released, it should be good.

ish420ism
October 11th, 2008, 05:35
Why make a game for a system with the greatest ability for piracy. This game will probably be released when PSP3000 is out and proven to be pirate proof.

Joe88
October 11th, 2008, 06:57
Why make a game for a system with the greatest ability for piracy.

that was the dreamcast

mrbob
October 12th, 2008, 22:08
Im also playing gran turismo 2 on my psp, amongst many other psx games.

To be honest, a propper psp GT would be lovely BUT...........

Ive had my psp for over 2 years now and the only games ive bought have been the 2 gta`s, syphon filters and silent hill.

Sony has done sod all on the psp, and then they wonder why the sales figures are soooo low.

p1220drs
October 13th, 2008, 01:37
I waited for a long time but when they pulled the game at the begining of the year I said screw 'em. I bought a slim about four months ago and have never even put a UMD in it...

shaney2k
October 13th, 2008, 17:32
Im with Alan, I converted my ps1 grand turismo 2 to my psp and i feel that is more than adequate for now, grand turismo psp should of been a launch bundle with the new psp 3000 series in my opinion. It would of been a must have for xmas.
If all the GT team is working on the ps3 version, why dont they just hire more staff?

crazyhare
October 13th, 2008, 21:06
Im with Alan, I converted my ps1 grand turismo 2 to my psp and i feel that is more than adequate for now, grand turismo psp should of been a launch bundle with the new psp 3000 series in my opinion. It would of been a must have for xmas.
If all the GT team is working on the ps3 version, why dont they just hire more staff?

It should have been a launch title for the PSP 1000!...

PSPdemon
October 13th, 2008, 21:19
lol.... i remember waiting for this in 2005....

seriously, doesnt poly think its a tad bit too late for the gt series on psp? its be pushed back for almost 5 years.... why even bother seeing that they are still behind in development on it...

i have to agree.... vaporware until proven elsewise

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Phallica
October 13th, 2008, 21:29
Just make the damned game already.

jamotto
October 14th, 2008, 00:25
Polyphony Digital has always been late delivering a Gran Turismo title. It is the reason they went to doing "Prologue" stop gap measures.