PDA

View Full Version : DCIberias and LTKs Massive Dreamcast Release Fest

wraggster
January 7th, 2006, 12:18
DCIberia (http://www.dciberia.net/tiki-view_articles.php) who are the Spanish side of the Dreamcast Scene and surrounding them one of the best team of coders in the Dreamcast scene have let us know of the release of 6 New games for the Dreamcast by LTK

· SDL_prim
· Super Methane Brothers
· Gemdropx
· Komi
· InterLogic
· TrailBlazer

Not failing that a new Amstrad emulator for the Dreamcast has been announced also by LTK, (ive got some major catching up of pages it seems.

Head on over to DCIberia (http://www.dciberia.net/tiki-view_articles.php) to download all those new Dreamcast Games :)

obelisk
January 7th, 2006, 20:10
and he's also doing, evidently, a new gamboy/ gameboy color emu, as well as something called PCengineCast. let's hope the cpc has a smooth gui and is fun to use. can't wait to try super methane bros.

LTK
January 7th, 2006, 21:09
Hi, CPCast, as all the same Gui like "Cast" serie, as smooth as MSXCast Gui , here's a sample:

http://ltk.dciberia.net/data/gui.png

obelisk
January 7th, 2006, 21:51
LTK, I wish to give you 100 gold pieces, and 5 big bright stars. more awards (i have no real gold:( ), as more stuff comes out. It looks like there will be lots more coming out from you. Any plans your team may be doing Intellivision, Commodore 64, or Vic20?? I'm absolutely thrilled that you will be doing the PCengineCast.

ron
January 8th, 2006, 00:11
LTK, you are the happyness of the Dreamcast my friend.

quzar
January 8th, 2006, 08:54
What's wrong with DreamCPC?

bender
January 8th, 2006, 12:03
Both are completely different emus. Variety is good to help each other. We don't need anything wrong for different things. DreamCPC is an Amstrad CPC6128 emulator and is based on PC-CPC. CPCast is based on Caprice for now.

Personally I'd like to see one based on Arnold (Kevin Thacker is really a guru and a nice guy (I had been on the CPC scene a while ago and I really love that guy :).
An Arnold port featuring Amstrad CPC 464/472/664/6128, 464+/664+/6128+ , the CPC console and the KC Compat german clone emulation would be nice for me....lol, just kidding. Features like both tape loading and disc support (or the cardtridge emulation of the plus versions) are also interesting ;-)

Perhaps the CPCs were a bit of Europeans and there's not much interest in the rest of the world. CPCs are pretty much like the speccys here, really intesting 8 bit computers ;-)

cheers

LTK
January 8th, 2006, 12:46
What's wrong with DreamCPC?

Nothing is wrong with DreamCPC, I'm learning how to code/port, and every open source emu is a new challenge :D, if someone could be bothered or insulted, please mail at ltk666(NOSPAM)@gmail.com, without (NOSPAM).

quzar
January 8th, 2006, 13:05
Both are completely different emus. Variety is good to help each other. We don't need anything wrong for different things. DreamCPC is an Amstrad CPC6128 emulator and is based on PC-CPC. CPCast is based on Caprice for now.

Personally I'd like to see one based on Arnold (Kevin Thacker is really a guru and a nice guy (I had been on the CPC scene a while ago and I really love that guy :).
An Arnold port featuring Amstrad CPC 464/472/664/6128, 464+/664+/6128+ , the CPC console and the KC Compat german clone emulation would be nice for me....lol, just kidding. Features like both tape loading and disc support (or the cardtridge emulation of the plus versions) are also interesting ;-)

Perhaps the CPCs were a bit of Europeans and there's not much interest in the rest of the world. CPCs are pretty much like the speccys here, really intesting 8 bit computers ;-)

cheers

very interesting. I was trying to follow news about the happenings at dciberia, but i can barely ever connect to it =\

Eric
January 8th, 2006, 16:43
All i gotta say is these games are great. I have played alot of small ports and other ports. But on the family richtor scale sorry i spelt that wrong these games are high up there on the fun factor. Of course a few things which i already know are being made is the sound for Methane Bros and Resolution also needs to be fixed as its to high and is over fitting the screen. But for these 5 games i defenitly recommend getting them this will put hours of fun in for the family.

All i gotta say is DAMN!!

Eric

Green Arrow
January 8th, 2006, 19:46
I'll always welcome another CPC emulator. My favorite 8 bit and I use WinApe on PC all the time mainly for the Plus features one of which is to play the cartridge version of SwitchBlade (an alltime fave of mine). Any chance of Plus features for this or should I just make do with the disk version (yeah it ain't toooo different but I love the lil extra bits of colors and hardware spritey things)

bender
January 8th, 2006, 22:31
I think WinApe is not open source... Arnold has cartridge support (including SwitchBlade :p). Caprice does not play cartridges and is slower than Arnold, so another reason to consider Arnold as the best choice ;-)

The cardtridges (only some?) can be downloaded from Winapes site. Amstrad gave permission a lot ago for the roms, I think :-)

Cheers

Green Arrow
January 9th, 2006, 03:45
I think WinApe is not open source... Arnold has cartridge support (including SwitchBlade :p). Caprice does not play cartridges and is slower than Arnold, so another reason to consider Arnold as the best choice

Yeah I heard Arnold does Plus too but on my PC it gives me a Program Error everytime I try to run it :( Doesn't matter too much though as WinApe does me fine. Now if I can have my DC running SwitchBlade cart and all my other fave CPC games 100% fullspeed and sound on my big screen TV I'd be damn happy.

Some more cartridge games got dumped recently I think. I have them and they aren't yet part of the CPC Goodset yet last I checked. Nothing particularly amazing but a nice lil find for any CPC rom collectors like myself.

bender
January 9th, 2006, 07:06
Strange. Arnold does work fine for me. The windows version seems to run fine even under cedega on linux :)

My CPCs are not the plus versions so I did not have the cartridge unit. I remember at least one that is not dumped, Burning rubber. There should be some more and there was even a console with the cartridge unit.
It's a pity there're not many dumps. People who have the games should really contribute to dumping so they don't get lost forever :(

Green Arrow
January 9th, 2006, 07:23
You mean Burning Rubber on its own as opposed to the one that has Amstrad Basic as is used as the start up cart on the Plus machines? Yeah I don't recall seeing that yet but most of the cart games have been dumped now.

bender
January 9th, 2006, 13:49
Yep. Is not a very good game anyway
From an unoficial Amstrad database with all the info known about all the CPCs (by Kevin Thacker), here's the complete cartridge list: http://andercheran.aiind.upv.es/~amstrad/docs/carts.htm :)

Green Arrow
January 9th, 2006, 15:22
Yep. Is not a very good game anyway
I dunno, it was one of my favorite 8 bit racing games. Played it a lot.

From an unoficial Amstrad database with all the info known about all the CPCs (by Kevin Thacker), here's the complete cartridge list: http://andercheran.aiind.upv.es/~amstrad/docs/carts.htm :)

That's out of date. As the cartridge games that were dumped recently that I've got are:
Arkanoid 2 - Revenge of Doh
Barbarian 2
Fire & Forget II
International Karate Plus
Mystical
Tintin on the Moon

Also have Pinball Magic which is listed there as dumped but isn't in the Goodset

bender
January 9th, 2006, 19:12
So there are more to look for :-). I remember I had Barbarian 2 and Arkanoid 2 (not the cartridge versions because I did not have a CPC+) . Time to sell an xbox and to buy a CPC+ to make bigger my little 8 bit computer collection, lol

Edited

That's out of date

If I have missed any from this list, please e-mail me.

I forgot to say that if you can contribute to make that list bigger, the Amstrad CPC Resource will be a bit better ;-) http://andercheran.aiind.upv.es/~amstrad/

Is important also to help finding undumped games if you can, so they don't get lost (all the games I have (a lot of cassettes and some disks, are already dumped ;-)

cheers

Green Arrow
January 9th, 2006, 20:58
I'd like a Plus myself. Or at least the GX4000 for a cheap cheap price. Just want to know if this SwitchBlade cart I bought of Ebay last year actually works or not. If not then it makes a nice display on my shelf anyways. Boxed with instructions and all...

Still tryin to get my folks to go in their attic and get me my CPC 464 that I ain't seen in 10 years Dunno if that still works or not...

bender
January 9th, 2006, 21:45
lol. My 464 works pretty nice yet but the only cassette that seems I'm able to run is Bomb Jack 2 (and I have a pretty nice collection ;-) )
Really, I don't know if the cassettes are damaged because of the years or if it is the tape drive which is broken (or if it just needs to be cleaned :-) ).

cheers

Green Arrow
January 9th, 2006, 23:04
My Amiga 1200 recently started becoming unusable. Can't load its version of SwitchBlade at all. Silkworm only gets to the loading screen and no further and Turrican 2 can get right to the loading square thingy for Level 1 and then the machine crashes. Gotta find me a replacement A1200 somewhere....preferably for free cos I have no money :(

I just wanna be able to have a working Amstrad and Amiga set up side by side in my bedroom on the desk which also contains my NES, SNES, Mega Drive and for some reason a friends Atari 2600. Nice lil retro centre...