PDA

View Full Version : StarCraft II Lead Producer On The Split Single Player Campaign

wraggster
October 11th, 2008, 18:35
Don't think of it as a split. That's main point StarCraft II lead producer Chris Sigaty was trying to get across during our brief interview following the StarCraft II panel at BlizzCon where it was announced that the single player campaign would be delivered as three separate products - first Terran, then Zerg, and finally Protoss. "Effectively each game in the will be an expansion," Sigaty explained when I told him of our reader's initial concerns about buying the same game three times with a different single player component. Think Warcraft III's The Frozen Throne, or the original StarCraft's Brood War.

Each new single player campaign will come with upgrades and changes to the multiplayer. The main difference here is that instead of giving you a tacked-on extension of the single-player experience as you often find in an RTS expansion, each title comes with a fully realized campaign.

http://kotaku.com/5062018/starcraft-ii-lead-producer-on-the-split-single-player-campaign

carlitx
October 11th, 2008, 21:14
great... they became profit whores. even though they know this will piss everybody off they still know that we will all buy it.

royvedas
October 11th, 2008, 23:23
Buy one, pirate the other two. Problem solved.

carlitx
October 12th, 2008, 17:34
Buy one, pirate the other two. Problem solved.

not really, if each includes a different cd key, and you need all 3 to get all the races for battle.net or get any of the online features out of it, buy one pirate two does not cover it. and shame on you for saying you would pirate this game. out of all games.

gutbub
October 12th, 2008, 21:06
Wow, that's a big crock of shit. Three separate games to make one. I bet each one will be at least $30. Hey you guys, I just payed $90 for Starcraft 2. After this announcement, they had better not start charging to play on Battle.net.