PDA

View Full Version : WinCE homebrew progs

bigral
January 8th, 2006, 11:27
I want to run some of examples found in Dreamcast WinCE SDK. I have generated 0winceos.bin file, IP.BIN and EXE file. But can not make it running all together. I found also some programs for BIN file patching "binconv" and "scramble" do I need to use them? I just burn all of them into Data1 track and use Utopia boot to run. What I do wrong?

elefas
January 8th, 2006, 22:46
Don't know if someone here can *or* should help you, since nobody uses the official winCE SDK to develop homebrew apps for DC, but as far as I am aware you should provide apart from the executables, the o.s. libraries required to run these executables. That means you may have to put to the cd not only the files you mentioned but also some required dlls etc. I don't know if I am correct. If this consists illegal topic please the mods lock it!

ron
January 9th, 2006, 08:12
Elefas You're right. That's it.

to brigal: Did you generate the bin for SH4 Katana ?

2 nd to everybody ? .. How's about legalitiy using official DevKit ¿?

bigral
January 11th, 2006, 00:12
to brigal: Did you generate the bin for SH4 Katana ?

Not really. I have compiled an example to EXE file (microsoft PE). Also I've seen couple of homebrew apps around (media players MP3 GYPPlay). So, I see that 0winceos.bin can be generated but how to load it in a proper way? Do I need scrable it? What is function of "binconv"?

What the MAIN difference between IP.BINs that we can generate or download around?