PDA

View Full Version : What's the Lousiest Game Gift You've Ever Gotten?

wraggster
October 12th, 2008, 09:59
Bash left the TUD Giraffe in my care this weekend, so I'll close out my shift by asking the juicy question. Here's one for a good discussion: What's the lamest game, or game-related, gift you've ever received? Reaching back, I'm well past the get-gifts-as-games age, although my brother one year gave me a gift certificate to GameFly and then we realized it was only good for paying for a subscription, not used games, so that sucked. But I'm sure there's plenty of you out there with aunts or grandmas who gave you bargain-bin dreck that was camo-marketed to look like that latest game all the kids want. Or, worse, someone knitted you a "World's Biggest Super Mario Fan" sweater and you had to wear it whenever they visited. Anyway, tell us, dammit, in the comments.

http://kotaku.com/5062174/whats-the-lousiest-game-gift-youve-ever-gotten

____anders____
October 12th, 2008, 13:39
that gotta be when i got my PSX one christmas, i got a few games and "a little big adventure" that one sucks as you break out of a cage and there's this cannon shooting at you, if you get hit, you get beat up and have to start all over again and that's what happened every single time when i played it.

Penguinator
October 12th, 2008, 14:00
Many years ago I got a shitty pirate Pokemon t-shirt which my father bought from Estonia.
It was SO ugly that I cried.
Seriously.
And I have to add that it was on CHRISTMAS. No parent should give a horrible gift like that on Christmas.

gutbub
October 12th, 2008, 15:48
Well, a few years ago, a relative bought my brother a cellphone that cost at least $150. The same relative got me Conflict: Desert Storm for the Xbox. It only cost $10, and it sucked horribly. I let that relative know I was, lets say "disappointed" right then and there on Christmas day.

irishwhip
October 12th, 2008, 15:48
a streetfighter 2 lcd game by tiger electronics.
i was hoping for a snes with sf2

goity
October 12th, 2008, 16:11
A blankety blank chequebook and pen

Eviltaco64
October 12th, 2008, 16:31
Hmm, I'm sure it had to be a cheap LCD baseball game.
That, or a few of the games people got me when I got my PS2 for Christmas a few years ago.

ziegrim
October 12th, 2008, 17:07
I can't remember many game gifts from my family at all but one year I bought myself a Gameboy Pocket and decided to pick up Game and Watch Gallery. What a horrible mistake that was...

apotheosis93
October 12th, 2008, 17:15
One year, for my birthday, I asked my brother for the newest Syphon Filter game, I think it was SF2, and he bought me one of the Spec Ops games. If anyone doesn't remember, Spec Ops was lousy, bargain bin trash. Very simply, I was extremely disappointed. The year before that, he bought me a Dragon Ball Z Goku doll and the legs were broken off. He swears to this day that he didn't do it.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 12th, 2008, 20:49
GTA IV nuff said

noname1
October 12th, 2008, 21:00
I got Redcard for the gamecube that is the worst game ever, because i hate soccer games and that was even a awful one (for me but it got a 7 at gamerankings).

myuusmeow
October 12th, 2008, 21:17
http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/nickelodeonpartyblast/index.html?tag=result;title;7

Nickelodeon Party Blast. HORRIBLE game. Very disappointing.

____anders____
October 12th, 2008, 22:02
ooO!

eviltaco64, you've become a forum moderator :D
congratulations :)
i didn't notice until now, wen did you became a moderator?

Sketchy
October 12th, 2008, 22:03
ha mine has to be my 18th birthday, my parents bought me my x360 and my nan decided to get me a game to go with it.

I couldn't believe that she actually thought I'd put Viva Pinata into my box....what was she thinking...

Voorhees
October 12th, 2008, 22:42
I canīt remember a real bad gift, but closest to it was, when my grandmother bought me "The Sims 1". That wasn't a bad gift if it wasn't for the fact that i already had all The Sims games released at the time. But i smiled and she was happy.

peace.

firemaster#1
October 13th, 2008, 01:26
It would have to be when I got Fugitive hunter for ps2 so generic and it was a budget game

Triv1um
October 13th, 2008, 01:29
ha mine has to be my 18th birthday, my parents bought me my x360 and my nan decided to get me a game to go with it.

I couldn't believe that she actually thought I'd put Viva Pinata into my box....what was she thinking...

Viva Pinata OWNS!

HexenDarkside
October 13th, 2008, 09:01
Got A Madden game for Sega Saturn from my mom's friend when I was like 11.

Bad for two reasons:
1. Its Madden.
2. I did not, and still do not, own a Saturn.

jaws365
October 13th, 2008, 09:34
I remember getting Final Fight for Amiga on my birthday in th 90's after playing much on coin-ups. But that version sucked so much I almost cried.

pimp12
October 13th, 2008, 16:28
2 years ago, I wanted a PSP. Turns out, it was one of those japanese rip-offs -_-

XyBeR
October 14th, 2008, 13:57
NES - a boy and his blob