PDA

View Full Version : Forum Overhaul

wraggster
October 12th, 2008, 12:28
Good morning all, ive had many complaints recently about the forums and the confusing state they are in, to me its rather simple we have news forums then discussion forums, sadly others and many newcomers do not agree.

What this means is that the forum index will be longer and much longer than for a while, i will also be merging the inactive forums making new forums for new consoles and a general good sort out, no longer will you have to go through muliple links to get to discussion, i know for many this will not be a likeable change but trust me we need to get the community back here at dcemu, a lot of our hosted coders are either inactive or just disapeared and i shall be changing a lot of things on the forums to give the life back. This is still a massive network and we just need to tweak things to get it back to what it should be, so bear with us :)

When i get home from the wife dragging me shopping i will start the rather long process of sorting things out and by the end of today we should have a very different forums.

ill update this post when i change things etc.

First item - Re enabled the Tags system- unsure why they went off but they are good not only for random searches for help with google as for some strange reason google loves them and every site needs visitors from google :P.

Sega Consoles Section Done

Ive took out the guides and articles forums and made the threads stickies in the correct forums, also got rid of the dreamcast downloads forum and merged them into Dreamcast Emulation, homebrew and gaming forum, also made a Sega saturn and vintage consoles discussion forum.

Sony Playstation Consoles Section Done

Ok on the PSP Side ive removed the eloader and tiff forum, no real need now, merged it into psp emulation and homebrew, also merged the hacking and exploit forum into the PSP Dev forum making it a PSP Hacking and Development forum. The PS2 forums have gone down to just 1 main forum and that will make things much easier to spot new stuff. The PS3 forums have also been reduced in numbers by 1, should help create some buzz in those forums :)

Nintendo Consoles Section Done

Wasnt that much to do in this section, got rid of the Flash carts support forum, theres already a DS Hardware forum which supports the same, the n64 discussion forum now also supports Vintage Nintendo Console discussion.

General and Hosted Coders Sections Done

Someone had already been in the hosted coders sections and removed inactive coders discussion forums, ive also moved Chuis Discussion forum back to the Dreamcast section as its a DC Only forum anyhow. On the general side of things ive got rid of the rate and review shops forum as that can be done in the shops and sellers forum. Also made the old dcemu comps forums live and deleted the submission entry forums, moved the private coders forums into the general section too. One day someone might use them :P

Microsoft Sections Done

Ive took the Microsoft section and changed the forums into a sole xbox, xbox360 and zune forum, so now you discuss in the forum you need to rather than forums that support all 3 consoles. One forum less than we started with.

Onto Next Section