PDA

View Full Version : PSPWrite: A Text Editor for PSP v1.2.0

zx-81
October 12th, 2008, 17:11
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspwrite-snap-105.jpg

Hi All,

Here is a new version of PSPWrite the text editor for PSP.

It permits to edit even huge text file, in both dos and unix mode,
using iso8859-1 (8bits) characters encoding. All iso8859-1 characters
are present in the "Danzeff like" virtual keyboard.

The IR keyboard support is based on the work of Harald Fielker.

It has been developed on linux for Firmware 1.5 and 3.x-m33 and 4.x-m33,
and for the IR keyboard part it has been tested using a Targus Universal IR
Wireless keyboard on PSP FAT.

What's new then in 1.2.0 ?

- Add Recent files menu to load previously opened files
(usefull to edit several files at the same time)
- Add a kind of bookmark feature to save last cursor position in each
recent files.
- Add a simple syntaxic colorization feature for C/C++ files and
Lua scripts. (you can add any other langages in syntax.cfg file).
- Add a status line to display several informations
such as current cursor position.
- Add command mode to search a word forward and backward or
to go directly to a given line number.
- Add history feature for command mode to retreive previously
entered commands.

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public license,
read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.

http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/

Enjoy,

Zx.

OZBRN5
April 10th, 2009, 15:30
Could You Replace The Psp-pda Notepad With This One? And Get It Compatible With Pikey?

P.s. Think About Getting The New Netfront Browser Working With Pikey (maybe A Plugin)

Gecko667
April 11th, 2009, 21:50
Hello Zx,

First, I want to thank you for your work and the source that you provide, it helps a lot for noobs psp programmers like me!

I tried your text editor on a psp slim with 5.00M33 firmware, it works fine but if I put the PSP on standby (quick press on power button) the PSP seems to hard reboot.
I mean that the PSP does a little sound and powers down instead of going in standby mode. And, indeed when I try to wake it up, it restarts (sony logo and so on).

Do you know why?
Do you think that it could be a matter of firmware?

To complete diagnostic please note that your homebrew Mancanla works fine and the standby mode is supported.

Actually my question has got a specific aim : I am porting a game on psp and I used your psp_main.c and psp_sdl.c files (from pspWrite project) as a basis with a Makefile-3x.

And as you can guess I am facing issues with standby mode.

I compared your two pspwrite and Mancala projects and I could not find specific things on code, except PSP_HEAP_SIZE_KB allocation and
PSP_MAIN_THREAD_STACK_SIZE_KB, any relation? maybe compilation?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Gecko667

zx-81
April 12th, 2009, 10:36
Hello Zx,
First, I want to thank you for your work and the source that you provide, it helps a lot for noobs psp programmers like me!

Glad to see you find it helpful :)

I tried your text editor on a psp slim with 5.00M33 firmware, it works fine but if I put the PSP on standby (quick press on power button) the PSP seems to hard reboot.
I mean that the PSP does a little sound and powers down instead of going in standby mode. And, indeed when I try to wake it up, it restarts (sony logo and so on).

Do you know why?

Yes, you just need to replace sceCtrlPeekBufferPositive function calls by sceCtrlReadBufferPositive and it should work properly.

Do you think that it could be a matter of firmware?

nop ... it's just the bad / inexistant task scheduling of sce.
(see http://forums.qj.net/zx-81s-homebrew-releases/146232-development-question.html)

To complete diagnostic please note that your homebrew Mancanla works fine and the standby mode is supported.

Actually my question has got a specific aim : I am porting a game on psp and I used your psp_main.c and psp_sdl.c files (from pspWrite project) as a basis with a Makefile-3x.

And as you can guess I am facing issues with standby mode.

I compared your two pspwrite and Mancala projects and I could not find specific things on code, except PSP_HEAP_SIZE_KB allocation and
PSP_MAIN_THREAD_STACK_SIZE_KB, any relation? maybe compilation?

It has nothing to do with this parameter. HEAD_SIZE_KB is the amount of memory your homebrew need to run (in fw > 3x, you have to specify the max heap size). In pspmancala i need very few memory (let's say less than 6Mb) but on pspwrite i need much more to edit several text files.

Hope that helps, and welcome in the psp dev familly :). It's always good to see another coder entering in this (dying ?) scene.

I will publish a new version fixing those sleep mode / exit mode issues.

EDIT: A new version is out, with sleep mode issue fixed ...

Gecko667
April 12th, 2009, 12:29
Thank you so much for this (so quick and so detailed!) answer!
:thumbup:

I was convinced that the trick was in the psp_main or psp_sdl files... I did not thought a second about sceCtrlPeekBufferPositive calls... I did not dig enough...:rolleyes: shame on me...

I try this immediately!

Thanks again!

EDIT : It is obvious but I have to tell : it works!!
:thumbup: