PDA

View Full Version : Triple Triad Version 1.0 Final

wraggster
October 13th, 2008, 19:39
News/release from Minoru (http://www.dev-fr.org/index.php?topic=3778.0)

I present to you today my homebrew the famous Triple Triad Final Fantasy VIII!

Description:
For those not familiar, it is a card game that is played on a 3x3 tray with a hand of five cards. Each card has four values: one for each side. The players pose a card each turn, and if the value of the card is raised above the value of an adjacent card, he returned this card. The player who has returned more cards wins the game and take one or more cards to his opponent. There are other rules that are adding chilli to the parties

I will not dwell on the rules, there are dozens of sites explain better than me
Only small change: the rule Combo is separated identical rules and Plus (we can play without Same Combo - but not the reverse ...) which increases the possible combinations of rules.

The set includes a fashion adventure (solo) to play against several opponents, each with different rules, and a wireless mode to play with your friends
Backups are automatic and the 33 rare cards are never permanently lost! Again defy the opponent that you took to try to recover, even after turning off the DS! You can see in the Collection menu which has the rare cards you've lost.

On the rare cards:
There are 3 levels of rare cards (8, 9 and 10) and of course they are in possession of any opponents. However, they do not all play from the start. For example, the first opponent, Zell, will play his cards rare level 8 at the beginning, then once you have unlocked other opponents, he will play the other levels of rare cards. So even if you lose a rare card: if the opponent does not play, try to unlock other

To unblock opponents:
There are 2 conditions for releasing opponents. Everyone has one of them to unlock the next.
* You must take a rare card to the opponent.
* You must win a number of party against the enemy

Additional information:
The game is not running on emulator, I have not managed to walk with EFS.
So, no picture gallery, but if you are inveterate fan of Final Fantasy VIII, I can show you the game board to get water at the mouth

I await your impressions
Good game

PS: There is a cheat code that provides access to a hidden character mode WiFi! This is a G-Force! In the menu choice of characters, just spell the name to Select

Change log:
1.0 Final:
* More bug fixes ...
* IA reduced for the first 2 opponents and increased for others

1.0 beta2:
* Fixed several bugs ...
* Added support English
* Added music

1.0 beta:
* First version of the game

So, please let me know your comments
Thank you

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Okami_Ninja
October 14th, 2008, 04:48
Best game ever! I would love to see more of the FF Mini games brought to the ds =)

mayorofkalm
January 1st, 2010, 04:47
it keeps freezing on me....i think it could use a touch up

xander-fox
February 25th, 2010, 09:19
oh nooo the link doesnt work :( :(