PDA

View Full Version : ESRB listing shows Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for the PS3 and Xbox 360

Eviltaco64
October 14th, 2008, 00:24
via PS3Fanboy (http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/10/13/esrb-listing-shows-marvel-vs-capcom-2-for-the-ps3/):

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.ps3fanboy.com/media/2008/10/a_cap_mvc2-fly_4554534.jpg

We've got bad news for these eBay sellers -- a poster on NeoGAF noticed that Marvel vs. Capcom 2 has been rated for both the PS3 and Xbox 360. Presumably, the title will be a downloadable one on the PS Store and XBLA. The ESRB has been a good source of leaks in the past, so we have no reason believe otherwise in this instance.

With the a total of 56 playable characters in the game spanning two vast fictional universes, hopefully Capcom doesn't plan on charging us $1.99 per character download.

Eviltaco64
October 14th, 2008, 00:25
If this is actually remade with online.. :D

Napalm-Death
October 14th, 2008, 01:14
Why would they charge you if the characters were made to be unlocked IN GAME? It wouldn't be a remake, just a port. I'd love to see a rebalanced mode, but that's just me.

Eviltaco64
October 14th, 2008, 01:23
Well, that was a reference to them charging $1.99 for certain content in Mega Man 9.

And yeah, I know it'd be a port (I dont think they can do that much when they dont have the Marvel license), still, an online mode would absolutely make the game if they'd be able to add it.

Napalm-Death
October 14th, 2008, 03:43
I know the reference. It just fails in this case because the characters are already in the game..you just need to use the point system to unlock them...unlike a certain SoulCalibur 4 which had the extra equipment locked in the game but inaccessible until you coughed up $1.99 of however much it was.

jamotto
October 14th, 2008, 03:47
Well it has been removed from the ESRB, and without the MARVEL license they can't release the game anyways I think.

pibs
October 14th, 2008, 04:00
Well it has been removed from the ESRB, and without the MARVEL license they can't release the game anyways I think.

My hopes have become crushed!

Eviltaco64
October 14th, 2008, 04:01
Well, that's disappointing. :(
Ah, well. There's always the PS2 version.

jamotto
October 14th, 2008, 05:23
My hopes have become crushed!

Don't give up hope just yet, just treat this as a rumor for now.

I sure when Marvel negotiated a contract with EA for the Marvel license that it had a clause the more or less said that if Marvel should ever become dissatisfied with the way EA is handling the Marvel Intellectual Property that they reserve the right to void from the contract and seek out other parties. Perhaps this is what is going on.

Napalm-Death
October 14th, 2008, 07:20
Well, you have to remember, this was a supposed "leaked" bit of info. If it slips up early then you'll have to expect them to take it back down. Don't lose faith.

Baboon
October 14th, 2008, 08:31
Yeah this is all over the capcom unity site.

EA no longer hold the marvel license so anything is possible... it seems weird that as soon as people spotted the 'leaked' information within a few hours they took this off the esrb site??

IF this happens then this will make a lot of people very happy! :)

geise69
October 14th, 2008, 12:57
Why not just get a DC for about 25 bucks and the MVSC2 for about the same price. Definitely cheaper than the ps2 version and better, plus you won't have to pay extra for unlockables. Besides it was originally on naomi hardware anyways. Oh...and you can play other DC games as well since you will now have a DC =D

Baboon
October 14th, 2008, 13:25
Why not just get a DC for about 25 bucks and the MVSC2 for about the same price. Definitely cheaper than the ps2 version and better, plus you won't have to pay extra for unlockables. Besides it was originally on naomi hardware anyways. Oh...and you can play other DC games as well since you will now have a DC =D

Already got this game on DC :D... would still love it to either get ported to a next gen system though but have it online enabled! ...or even better be spruced up like SF2 HD remix. :)