PDA

View Full Version : Next Xbox Will Upgrade Xbox 360 Games to Look Amazing, Use New Controller Features

wraggster
October 15th, 2008, 19:15
I don't even know how this would work, but Xbox Evolved says that the next Xbox (720 or Next, whatever) won't just be backward-compatible with games, it'll be forward-compatible. What the hell does that mean? Forward-compatibility would mean that games made for the 360 will be able to take full advantage of the next Xbox's muscle to look more amazing and like that generaation—not just cleaner textures and higher resolutions, but better frame rate, draw distance, the whole deal. Also, it would mean features in the 720's controller would be used in the game as well—in effect, yanking it forward a generation.

http://gizmodo.com/5063680/next-xbox-will-upgrade-xbox-360-games-to-look-amazing-use-new-controller-features

carlitx
October 15th, 2008, 23:36
freakin sweet man. see this is why Microsoft is doing so good compared to sony (last i checked). I pity anyone who keeps buying sony's PS3, your better flushing your money down the toilet.

jamotto
October 16th, 2008, 07:35
Draw distance is hardwired into the game. It also sounds just like the what the PS3 does for PS1 and 2 games already.