PDA

View Full Version : Videora PMP Converter 0.90

wraggster
January 9th, 2006, 01:41
Videora PMP Converter (http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/PMP/) is a free video conversion application developed by the creators of Videora. It allows you to convert your regular PC video files (avi, mpeg, etc) into the PMP video format developed by Jonny. With a version 1.5 PSP and Jonny's PMP Mod 1.0, you can now playback full resolution video on your PSP!

When combined with Videora, Videora PMP Converter + Videora allows you to download, convert and copy video to your device, automatically using BitTorrent and RSS technology. See ITVCasting for more details:

This was posted at the Release Thread (http://www.pspvideo9.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4387)

Introduction
Thanks to Jonny, full native 480x272 video is now a possibility on the PSP (well v1.5 PSPs at least). Due to the limitations of the PSP's processor, video still has to be converted and thus we are proud to announce the first beta version of Videora PMP Converter.

Mega Thanks to Jonny
Jonny, we just want to say thanks for sacrificing your own free time to write this awsome, insanely complex piece of software. We really appreciate all the hard work you have put into it. We hope everyone will also take the time to thank Jonny for his hard work.

Obligatory Videora Converter Introduction Stuff
Our favorite feature of Videora PMP Converter is ITVCasting, a term we coined up to define automatically downloading, converting and copying video. For more information, see this page.

If you are looking for help with Videora PMP Converter, want to submit a bug report, request a feature or talk about PMP in general make sure to check out the forums specifically for PMP.

Finally, if you enjoy using Videora PMP Converter or this website please consider making a donation to help support the development and webservers of PSP Video 9 and Videora.

Download Via Comments

Voltron
January 9th, 2006, 02:46
This is certainly the result of very hard work and perseverance that is very much appreciated. I just wanted to know if this allows for AVC support at full 480x272 resolution? AVC video has a significant advantage over regular MPEG-4 on the PSP and if full resolution AVC can be accomplished it would be remarkable. I would think not if this app only works on 1.5 PSP's and not 2.0 but if anyone can shed some light on this I would be thankful. What about any future possibility of this working on 2.0 PSP's with EBOOT Loader???

dOOmy
January 9th, 2006, 08:21
Why cant they just make an avi player for psp instead of another converter? I just wanna put avis on my psp and be able to play them as iz without having 2 movie files on your pc. Is that asking too much???
thanks but no thanks

slayer2psp
January 9th, 2006, 14:01
this is sweet works great still not as clear as avc but im sure it will get better and better im just happy for a full screen movie on the psp. great work to all the people who have worked on this thank you very much

sti3
January 9th, 2006, 18:01
d00my - coding is not as easy as you seem to think. This is a step in the right direction. Your attitude is not helpful.

dOOmy
January 10th, 2006, 00:03
And I am still waiting for a fast3r GBA emulator, lets get going boys

Voltron
January 10th, 2006, 04:34
I agree with sti3 - To say coding is not easy puts it mildly. If there is an app that you would like to see improved upon, i.e. faster speed, etc. then perhaps you can make a donation to the developer or contribute any knowledge you may have on the project to the developer(s). The one thing with the PSP homebrew scene is that it has been consistently progressing at relatively fast speeds considering the difficulty that lies before developers. Because of the hard work and sacrifice of many dedicated and talented people, the PSP gets better EVERY day. And patience has always paid off. The mindset that developers should hurry up and get going is not appropriate at all and is even disrespectful.

Psyberjock
January 10th, 2006, 12:42
I'm afraid I agree with you both on this one. In dOOmy's argument, I agree that we already have the built in MP4 player in the PSP's firmware that allows us to have a second copy of our movies and play them on the PSP. This software was originally made to prevent our having to take that extra step to reencode our video just to watch it on the PSP. And to an extent, it worked. Some avi's and mpegs worked right out of the box. (so to speak) This new version of PMP goes in the opposite direction for all practical purposes.

Now on the other hand I agree with Voltron that coding is not easy, especially for a system that has no open official docs available to homebrew coders. I also see that this is a step in the right direction on the groundwork level. A custom container requires a repackaging but not a reencode. We are actually using divx/xvid + mp3 now. However as to the exact reasons for using a custom container, I can only speculate that it is somehow more efficient than the avi container and thereby easier for the PSP to process.

So all in all I must say congrats to Johnny for hard work in the right direction but I must also encourage him to not stop there. The dream has not yet been realized and I do hope that he can accomplish that which we are all waiting for. I appreciate his software but until it plays what's on my harddrive already, I won't be using it.

shadow77
January 13th, 2006, 04:02
I'm afraid I agree with you both on this one. In dOOmy's argument, I agree that we already have the built in MP4 player in the PSP's firmware that allows us to have a second copy of our movies and play them on the PSP. This software was originally made to prevent our having to take that extra step to reencode our video just to watch it on the PSP. And to an extent, it worked. Some avi's and mpegs worked right out of the box. (so to speak) This new version of PMP goes in the opposite direction for all practical purposes.

Now on the other hand I agree with Voltron that coding is not easy, especially for a system that has no open official docs available to homebrew coders. I also see that this is a step in the right direction on the groundwork level. A custom container requires a repackaging but not a reencode. We are actually using divx/xvid + mp3 now. However as to the exact reasons for using a custom container, I can only speculate that it is somehow more efficient than the avi container and thereby easier for the PSP to process.

So all in all I must say congrats to Johnny for hard work in the right direction but I must also encourage him to not stop there. The dream has not yet been realized and I do hope that he can accomplish that which we are all waiting for. I appreciate his software but until it plays what's on my harddrive already, I won't be using it.

Better look at something such as this then:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002G81J4/102-1449909-6103322?v=glance&n=172282

The custom container is needed, to resolve sync and compatibility issues. It also only takes me 1 minute to mux the files, so I fail to see the issue here.

With your way, I don't see how it'd be easier. You'd still have to reencode (resize) your video source for the PSP's res, since most xvid files you have are probably at a higher res than what the PSP can support.

Psyberjock
January 13th, 2006, 05:36
Pretty sweet but its a little expensive considering I already have a PSP. Plus the Iriver doesn't play games. The idea is not to have a lot of dedicated devices (which become difficult to carry at the same time) capable of doing what my computer can do. The idea is to have one portable device that can do the same as a bunch of dedicated devices. Thanks for the info, but its as useful as the new pmp container.

StealthCP
March 11th, 2006, 20:06
d00my, if you helped to code, things would happen faster. Take a look at http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/aviplay.shtml for an AVI player. This ain't MP4, it's PMP, and it's darn good. If you couldn't b bothered converting then why do you think ppl can b bothered coding? AVI player would take a lot of work, but I don't care, cos ur a n00b, and we don't need n00bs like you slagging our work.

btw great work guys. The converter works great.