PDA

View Full Version : NY Police Unions Condemn Saint's Row 2

Shrygue
October 15th, 2008, 21:19
via Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/5063923/ny-police-unions-condemn-saints-row-2)

Saint's Row 2 might be a very tongue-in-cheek take on the GTA-style sandbox genre, but the New York's police unions are taking the game very seriously indeed, calling for it to be pulled from store shelves because it glorifies the sort of things you should really only do in video games.

New York's powerful police unions say that a violent new video game called "Saints Row 2" is an abomination. In the game, the player controls a gang member who can steal, do drugs and kill as many characters as possible, including police officers.

Yesterday Manhattan District Attorney candidate Leslie Crocker-Snyder spoke out against the game, which I am positive she has never touched, but I am sure the police unions appreciated it and will put in a good word for her when voting comes around. I sigh.

uberjack
October 15th, 2008, 21:53
Unions need to justify their mob-assisted existence by launching various random tirades. This is just one in the list of many; ignore

gutbub
October 16th, 2008, 00:59
Finally, somebody with a valid reason to want a game removed. I don't want the game removed, but at least once it's not just a bunch of politicians with free time.

sonofsamus
October 17th, 2008, 00:17
Doesn't this send the message that it's totally okay to kill everyone except cops? Somehow that's worse than running over someone's virtual grandma as she crosses the road?