PDA

View Full Version : Ten Games That Makes Japan Cry (Three Are Erotic Games)

wraggster
October 16th, 2008, 16:29
Numbers time! Japanese game site Dengeki Online is running results of a poll that was composed of 86.3 percent men and 13.7 percent women with an average age of 25.46 years old. Questions included things like "Have you cried during gaming?" or "What game are you looking forward to?" In the poll, three of the games that made Japanese gamers cry are"adult visual novels" — two of them are erotic game ports and one is a straight up PC erotic game. That's not that surprising as many Japanese gamers do play erotic games for the story. No, really.

Also from the data, which do you think Dengeki Online readers are more excited about: The Last Remnant or Final Fantasy XIII? That and more, after the jump.

Have you been moved to tears during game play?
No (53.5 percent)
Yes (46.5 percent)

What game made you cry
1. Final Fantasy X (PS2)
2. Clannad (Xbox 360)
3. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP)
4. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2)
5. Kanon (PSP)
6. Tales of the Abyss (PS2)
7. AIR (PSP)
8. Dragon Quest V (DS)
9. Final Fantasy VII (PlayStation)
10. Little Busters! (PC)

Please tell us what game you have purchased in the last month.
1. Super Robot Taisen Z (PS2)
2. Quiz Magic Academy DS (DS)
3. Infinite Undiscovery (Xbox 360)
4. Pokémon Platinum (DS)
5. World Destruction (DS)
6. Aquanaut's Holiday (PS3)
7. Tales of Vesperia (Xbox 360)
8. Cross Edge (PS3)
9. Eternal Sonata (PS3)
10. Nights in the Nightmare (DS)

Please tell us what upcoming game title you are looking forward to.
1. The Last Remnant (Xbox 360)
2. Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
3. Crono Trigger (DS)
4. White Knight Chronicles (PS3)
5. Gundam vs. Gundam (PSP)
6. Star Ocean 4 -The Last Hope- (Xbox 360)
7. Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon (PS2)
8. DISSIDIA Final Fantasy (PSP)
9. Dragon Quest IX (DS)
10. Gundam Musou 2 (PS3)

http://kotaku.com/5064311/ten-games-that-makes-japan-cry-three-are-erotic-games

robman84
October 16th, 2008, 16:48
Barbarian on the Amiga made me cry - I can't believe I paid 20 quid for that rubbish!

fpcreator2000
October 16th, 2008, 17:00
Blast Corps made me laugh when I got the last platinum medal and I received the last promotion.

"You can stop now".

That was hilarious!!!.

Otherwise, I never cried, nor have I ever been brought close to tears, while playing a game.

Most RPG's I've played are too cheesy for me to become emotionally attached to that level. Don't get me wrong, I love the stories involved with those games, otherwise I would not play them at all.

mike_jmg
October 16th, 2008, 17:46
agreed Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core

Dude, no matter what you do Zack dies..... /sheds tear

goshogun1
October 16th, 2008, 18:53
I am 29 ,and the end of Crisis Core made me start crying. It's funny, because even though we all knew what was coming, we were still deeply saddened. Especially when his "reels" started blanking out, showing him going brain-dead. :(
Oh yeah. Arc the Lad 2 was very sad. Don't know if I cried or not, but I am sure some did.

jrsmaster411
October 16th, 2008, 19:08
I've never cried or even come close, but I've heard of a lot of people crying during the ending of ico

Baboon
October 16th, 2008, 22:09
Barbarian on the Amiga made me cry - I can't believe I paid 20 quid for that rubbish!
:rofl:

geise69
October 17th, 2008, 13:42
Haha...but which Barbarian. The 2 player fighter or the Psygnosis Barbarian. Both made me cry since I bought both of them.

Sonny_Jim
October 17th, 2008, 16:01
I remember a friend of mine crying at the end of Megaman 2 but that might be just the difficulty level.

Accordion
October 17th, 2008, 21:11
Never cried at a game. But ICO and SotC make me feel physically sick with guilt every time.

Baboon
October 17th, 2008, 22:38
You'd have to be a pretty emtional person to cry at a game? lol

Haha...but which Barbarian. The 2 player fighter or the Psygnosis Barbarian. Both made me cry since I bought both of them.

Hey the 2 player fighting barbarian game was class with the gore and chopping off heads etc. :D

robman84
October 22nd, 2008, 20:48
Yeah, the 2 player fighter was ok ( I think I had that on the speccy). I was thinking about the Psygnosis one. Pure garbage.

I suppose being more serious about it, ICO and probably Shenmue got to me emotionally.