PDA

View Full Version : 5.00 Custom Firmware M33 Released

Safari Al
October 17th, 2008, 13:05
Just two days after the official release of the 5.00 firmware, Dark_AleX has managed to make custom firmware 5.00 M33. Here are some details and features from the readme:

5.00 M33
----------

Instructions: Copy UPDATE folder /PSP/GAME/ and run.
Put the 5.00 sony update as 500.PBP in same folder, or let the program download it for you using a wifi connection.

Changes:
- 4.01 to 5.00

- Bug fix: when changing speed in xmb, and the psp turned the brightness to 0 automatically the speed was reseted to 222 again.

Note to pspstates plugin users: this plugin won't work in this firmware due to it being made
specifically for 4.01. Running it in 5.00 M33 can cause problems, wait until an update of plugin.

- Translating the recovery.
To translate the recovery create a text file in ms0:/seplugins/xx_recovery.txt
or flash1:/xx_recoery.txt (they are evaluated in that order), where xx is the language code
of your language:

es -> spanish
en -> english
fr -> french
de -> german
it -> italian
ja -> japanese
ko -> korean
nl -> netherlands
pt -> portuguese
ru -> russian
ch1 -> chinese simplified
ch2 -> chinese traditional

The file en_recovery.txt in translate folder is included for people to translate to their languages, this file is not needed for english people, as the english language is used when no language file is found.
Just change the english strings to your language ones, and put it in the path mentioned above. Be careful to check in the recovery that the lines look fine, don't use too large text.

The spanish file es_recovery.txt will be written by the program in the memory stick.

Are you going to update?

Update from Dark Alex

Some people have noticed an error 0xFFFFFFFF appearing launching their psx games.
The reason of this is due to some converters like psx2psp using 32 bits depth when converting the png icon, and new pops only support 24 bits format.In future versions M33 will check if the depth is invalid, and in that case replace the icon by the dracula one, anyways this is not critical, and an update won't be released only for this.If you want to make those psx games work in this version, reconvert them using popstation command line tool and using a 80x80 24 bits png icon. Alternativelly if you want to continue using psx2psp and you don0t mind about savedata icon being dracula one, go to options in psx2psp, and in icon0 select "Old default".

Download and give feedback via comments

scarph
October 17th, 2008, 13:21
Of course

$bro$
October 17th, 2008, 13:49
any info when and if the 1.5 kernal add-on is being released? as i still have homebrew which is dependant on it

vitorgatti
October 17th, 2008, 13:50
great!
thanks, Dark_AleX :D

tutting
October 17th, 2008, 13:54
unbelieably fast work.
Thank you

dangee
October 17th, 2008, 13:59
Are you going to update?

I'll give it a try, yeah , and go see what PSN's like

devdj
October 17th, 2008, 14:03
this just in sony got pwned again lol

djemotion
October 17th, 2008, 14:12
thanx

fpcreator2000
October 17th, 2008, 14:42
Pullin' a Crazy Ivan on $ony.

And for those using 1.50 homebrew. Convert the homebrew to 1.00 with PSPBrew and it will work with the lastest CF.

Airdevil
October 17th, 2008, 14:42
I will update when the 1.50 kernal is released.

bandit
October 17th, 2008, 15:00
POPs will be released shortly according to Dark_Alex.

I've been out of the loop but 1.50 is used for some homebrew apps that uses it correct and not games or used for games as well?

alanparker05
October 17th, 2008, 15:40
That was fast!!! Dark_Alex must not be getting any sleep after sony releases an update... I'll be waiting a few days before update like always incase of bugs

dangee
October 17th, 2008, 15:43
3.71-M33 to 5.00-M33 using the auto d/l.
Sweet as a nut (so far),all my Kernel3 homebrew works.

but, signing up for PSN ? not just atm thx.

PSP 101
October 17th, 2008, 15:52
Great work Dark Alex, I am looking foward to the PSN store.

Shrygue
October 17th, 2008, 16:15
Wow, that was fast. It's been quite a while since an update came along, will be updating sometime soon.

Zack
October 17th, 2008, 16:21
Nice :)

Installing now

tidieu626
October 17th, 2008, 16:27
Update. Love it:)

wraggster
October 17th, 2008, 16:42
good old dark alex :)

christophski
October 17th, 2008, 16:45
Hah thanks DAX i can even access the psn store, currently downloading the ape quest start pack:thumbup:

Gene
October 17th, 2008, 18:08
So I have a psp that I haven't really updated in a while and I want to get it back up to the latest M33. It's still on 3.52 M33-4 so as you can see it is the older fat model. Does anyone know if I can straight-up drop in this update and be on my way or do I need to update to something else, then use this update.

jvabbdac
October 17th, 2008, 18:16
Great ! PSN works perfect !! Thanks DAX, but how can I use psp slim on a interlace tv ? Here, only work on XMB and PSX games ! Not UMD or HB ! Any idea ?

mrbob
October 17th, 2008, 18:17
where the pbp file? my psp is downloading a 25mb at 12k/p/s!!

can anyone upload it?

thanks

Wally
October 17th, 2008, 18:41
www.psp-hacks.com

Wally

jvabbdac
October 17th, 2008, 19:05
Damn it ! Fusa dosen't works anymore !

djbrotherson
October 17th, 2008, 19:06
Snes9xTyl - working
NesterJ - working
Picodrive - working
gPSP - working
MVSPSP - working
CPS2PSP - working
CPSPSP - working
PSP ISO's - working
PSX Eboots - working
PSPTube - working
Go!Messenger - working
iRshell - partially working (cannot load iso's or listen to music - freezes)
PSP filer - Not working (freezes)

alternate vshmenu plugin - working
custom firmware extender plugin - working
xmb recovery menu plugin - working
music.prx plugin - working
cheatcw and cheatcwpops - working

Able to exit homebrew and games with no issues

Tesseract
October 17th, 2008, 19:32
( Posted in the Help Forum (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=167456) as well for further discussion on this issue. )

Earlier, I logged in to the PSN Store just fine and downloaded the demo for LEGO Batman. It downloaded and installed perfectly fine. Then I tried to do some of the other account maintenance options and kept getting an error (I'm sorry, but I can't reproduce it to get the error code anymore. :( It started with 8055. )

Now each time I try to log in from my PSP to the PSN store or Account Management, it's giving me this message:

Use of Playstation Network has been suspended.
Try to sign in again later.

Attempting to log in to the PC PSN Store just gives me 'login.error.unknown'.

I sure hope I'm not screwed....

yakumo
October 17th, 2008, 19:32
Has anybody tested if full screen on tv feature works for normal PSP games?

Spanishpeacock
October 17th, 2008, 19:33
Great ! PSN works perfect !! Thanks DAX, but how can I use psp slim on a interlace tv ? Here, only work on XMB and PSX games ! Not UMD or HB ! Any idea ?

The official news on the update only mentioned playstation format software (like PS1 games) and videos. Sony must really want you to buy a T.V. of theirs to specifically leave out PSP games...

Now the only problem with Sony is the fact that they like to restrict their sites to the newest firmware, so they'll probably be releasing a 5.01, 5.02, 5.10, etc. just to keep DAX occupied with little updates so people can get onto that Playstation store. So a lot of us will probably be using our own PS1 games for our PSP, or using a PS3 to get those PSN games.

This might be a problem with people that have accounts for their PS3 and PSP if Tesseract's problem isn't some network error on Sony's part for having too many people downloading off their servers.

Still a great release though. Was worried about not being able to play Final Fantasy D. when it comes out in December (Japan).

Tesseract
October 17th, 2008, 19:41
Unfortunately, I do not have a PS3.

In one of the D_A Fora, they mentioned that there was a string in one of the RCO files that specifically mentioned being suspended from the PSN.

They almost surely will check your PSP somehow when you log in. These guys are way too serious about the potential for piracy not to.

Not to mention this text in npsignin_plugin.rco:

Use of PlayStationŽNetwork is suspended for this account.

I'm hoping that that this is just a temporary thing, as the message I got seems to indicate....

I HAVE reported this on D_A's forum as well so M33's attention can be drawn to this potential issue.

Spanishpeacock
October 17th, 2008, 19:45
Unfortunately, I do not have a PS3.

In one of the D_A Fora, they mentioned that there was a string in one of the RCO files that specifically mentioned being suspended from the PSN.

I'm hoping that that this is just a temporary thing, as the message I got seems to indicate....

I HAVE reported this on D_A's forum as well so M33's attention can be drawn to this potential issue.

Were you using your main account or a sub account? If it's your sub account, it's probably not such a big deal. Just don't try to log on with main on PSP.

Tesseract
October 17th, 2008, 19:48
Were you using your main account or a sub account? If it's your sub account, it's probably not such a big deal. Just don't try to log on with main on PSP.
Main account. I don't really see what the difference would be, though.

I've really had no need for a sub account, as I only have the PSP and I'm the only one in the household who would use the PSN.

Spanishpeacock
October 17th, 2008, 19:49
The 1.5 add on is for some homebrew. You'll still be able to play your backed up games (if you do that), and PS1 games.

The Difference is for us PS3 users mainly. If our main account gets banned, we loose everything we've paid for. Extra tracks for Motor Storm. Add-ons for Soul Calibur 4. Warhawk. If we can't log on as the main account for PS1 games, we can't transfer them to PSP.

Tesseract
October 17th, 2008, 19:56
The 1.5 add on is for some homebrew. You'll still be able to play your backed up games (if you do that), and PS1 games.

The Difference is for us PS3 users mainly. If our main account gets banned, we loose everything we've paid for. Extra tracks for Motor Storm. Add-ons for Soul Calibur 4. Warhawk. If we can't log on as the main account for PS1 games, we can't transfer them to PSP.

I've paid for PSP games from the PSN using my PC. Beats, Echochrome, fl0w... Sucks that I'd lose the ability to re-download those at-will.

Well, if I get un-suspended, I'll see about using a sub account...

NeroMaverick
October 17th, 2008, 19:58
Did Sony mess with the playstation emulator? I've been playing Star Ocean 2, and it freezes whenever I enter certain rooms or towns. It would suck if Sony updated pops and inadvertently messed some things up.

I haven't tried any other games yet.

Spanishpeacock
October 17th, 2008, 20:04
Did Sony mess with the playstation emulator? I've been playing Star Ocean 2, and it freezes whenever I enter certain rooms or towns. It would suck if Sony updated pops and inadvertently messed some things up.

I haven't tried any other games yet.

They always mess up stuff. Star Ocean 2 would freeze in some battles on other cfw so it might just be the game though. I finally got FF7 to work on 3.71 m33, so I'm sticking at that until I need to update. Star Wars Force Unleashed can be played on 3.71, so I haven't had to update for games yet.

newb_fo_life
October 17th, 2008, 20:18
Sweet!!!!! :)

jarshale
October 17th, 2008, 22:38
O snap. I just noticed the best thing so far. the xmb is two toned now. and the waves are different.

Buddy4point0
October 17th, 2008, 22:53
Great! I updated, made and signed on to my PSN name, and downloaded a few demos and the PLAYSTATION NETWORK THEME.

I really liked the new xmb wave, but I also liked the old one, I started slightly disapointed, feeling that I had lost the "Classic" wave, but then realized when I went to change the theme that I can still use "Classic" wave whenever I wanted! Yay!

I've found what could be a bug though, theme is supposed to have transparency in the icons, they're circle, but for me they show up with black squares around them. Maybe it's something else that messed up but this could be a bug.

mike_jmg
October 17th, 2008, 23:50
They always mess up stuff. Star Ocean 2 would freeze in some battles on other cfw so it might just be the game though. I finally got FF7 to work on 3.71 m33, so I'm sticking at that until I need to update. Star Wars Force Unleashed can be played on 3.71, so I haven't had to update for games yet.

They've messed it up more than you can even imagine, OFW users are affected too

If you're staying on 3.71 be sure to finish force unleashed, cause for some unknown reasons the games no longer have the Firmware update check and when you update your savegame files will act as corrupted cause you made them on a lower FW than the one you're supposed to have to play it, same for Secret Agent Clank and other games that work on lower FW.

Even OFW users are complaining about this

o1mlc
October 18th, 2008, 00:28
Is anyone else having the same trouble with 5.00 M33 as when 4.01 M33 was released?
i.e. the memory stick access speed seems to be slower in 4.01 M33 and 5.00 M33 than 3.90 M33-3?

An example is with Everybody's Golf 2. When I ran it as an iso, it's super fast load times with 3.90 M33-3, but with 4.01 M33 and 5.00 M33 there is a noticable delay in comparison with 3.90 M33-3.
(Both on my PSP1000 and PSP2003, using the Sony NP9660 loader, tested EG2 on a genuine Sandisk 8Gb stick and a genuine Sony 2Gb stick).
There are others examples, some games have comparative delays in the load times (Parrappa the Rapper), some have "lag" within the game (GTA VCS is one), though strangely only in 4.01 M33+...

...not really a deal-breaker as it's still streets ahead as compared to UMD, but I am the only one to have noticed this? If anyone else has noticed it, please post or at least someone tell me I've missed something and there is a "cure" (or am I simply dreaming it...hehehe!)

I recall that for the 3.80 M33 update there was the option/patch to install the memory stick driver from 3.71, but I thought that only really made an improvement to the transfer speed from memory stick to PC via USB cable, rather than memory stick performance when accessing isos...

I was disappointed when 4.01 M33 had this memory stick "lag" and so reverted back to 3.90 M33-3, I've done this again...

The inclusion of the PSN/Store is no big lure versus load times for me, however, if Locoroco 2 requires 5.00+ then maybe I'll update again...if I ever see a UK release date (Australia is a bit far just for one game..!)

DAX is still the king though, is there anything this guy cannot do?!

Buddy4point0
October 18th, 2008, 00:33
Is anyone else having the same trouble with 5.00 M33 as when 4.01 M33 was released?
i.e. the memory stick access speed seems to access slower in 4.01 M33 and 5.00 M33 than 3.90 M33-3?

An example is with Everybody's Golf 2. When ran as an iso, it's super fast load times with 3.90 M33-3, but with 4.01 M33 and 5.00 M33 there is a noticable delay in comparison wit 3.90 M33-3 (on both my PSPs, a PSP1000 and PSP2003, Sony NP9660 loader, tested EG2 on a genuine Sandisk 8Gb stick and a genuine Sony 2Gb stick). There are others examples, some games have comparative delays in the load times (Parrappa the Rapper), some have "lag" within the game (GTA VCS is one), though strangely only in 4.01 M33+...

...not really a deal-breaker as it's still streets ahead as compared to UMD, but I am the only one to have noticed this? If anyone else has noticed it, please post or at least someone tell me I've missed something and there is a "cure" or am dreaming it...hehehe!

I recall for the 3.80 M33 update there was the option to install the memory stick driver from 3.71, but I thought that only really applied to making an improvement (restoring) transfer speeds from memory stick to PC via USB cable, rather than memory stick performance when accessing isos...

I was disappointed when 4.01 M33 had this memory stick "lag" and so reverted back to 3.90 M33-3, I've done this again...

The inclusion of the PS Store is no big lure versus load times for me, however, if Locoroco 2 requires 5.00+ then maybe I'll update again...

My memory stick access seams fine, maybe it's your plugins?

jurkevicz
October 18th, 2008, 01:20
does this CFW installs on the new 3000PSP?

Amitabha
October 18th, 2008, 02:31
thanks

TheRisingExodus
October 18th, 2008, 03:30
I installed this an enjoys it though I miss CXMB but thats ok now i"m curious if this will work with the psn downloaded vidoes. An ya what about that new psp slim tv out option?

darkriku2000
October 18th, 2008, 04:21
so... does this work on the psp 3000 (I don't have one yet but homebrew will make it or brake it for me)

jxx2005
October 18th, 2008, 04:48
that was fast
i had heard (not exactly solid sources) that it would have been at least 2 weeks

*shrug*
what (besides the PSN) are the major changes?

Spanishpeacock
October 18th, 2008, 07:38
They've messed it up more than you can even imagine, OFW users are affected too

If you're staying on 3.71 be sure to finish force unleashed, cause for some unknown reasons the games no longer have the Firmware update check and when you update your savegame files will act as corrupted cause you made them on a lower FW than the one you're supposed to have to play it, same for Secret Agent Clank and other games that work on lower FW.

Even OFW users are complaining about this

Thanks for the tip. That PSP is mainly for PS1 games and homebrew though. I got that Darth Vader PSP Slim when it came out for OFW stuff and newer games. The FF Dissidia PSP looks pretty cool though, if I get a 3000 model, I'd get that one.

urherenow
October 18th, 2008, 08:22
POPs will be released shortly according to Dark_Alex.

where does this info come from? I sure hope so because 5.00 pops is for the birds...

Without a doubt. On 4.01 Rayman was working fine. On 5.00 the background music is gone again (a few other pops versions had that problem)

Yup. Playing Rayman with pops. There's a delay there that shouldn't be... and the light doesn't blink during the delay

does this CFW installs on the new 3000PSP?

Nope. The new pre-ipl needs to be dumped and cracked first, then you'll have to use a new DC version with a pandora battery to get a CFW on it. It'll be fine from then on after that.

so... does this work on the psp 3000 (I don't have one yet but homebrew will make it or brake it for me)

See above.

I've been having trouble with downloads from here lately. If you try a few times in a row you'll get it but something fishy is going on (downloads kind of getting cut off but they actually say that they are complete)...

o1mlc
October 18th, 2008, 10:43
Thank yous to buddy4point0 and urherenow - I think I'll do some more comparisons between my memory sticks, PSPs and CFWs and see if it is purely in my mind, but I'll see if there is a "lag" in reading isos from the memory stick...

When using CW Cheat 0.2.2d at the bottom of the CWCheat screen , on my PSP 1000 it shows the ms0: 173Mb / 7960Mb free on my 8Gb stick, on my PSP 2003, it shows ms0: 0Mb / 0Mb...

Didn't have this problem with my 8Gb stick until updated to 5.00 M33!

...anyone else had this? Could this be pointing to why I seem to get lag on iso? Any suggestions, "re-pandoraed" to 3.90 M33-3 a few times still got the lag on PSP2003, but not on PSP1000..! I didn't have the lag on PSP2003 on 3.90M33-3 until after I'd updated to 5.00 M33 and then pandora back to 3.90 M33-3. I've cleared the flash0 , reset settings, reformatted the 8Gb stick but still the lag on the PSP 2003 despite going back...

Hmmm....

Dembonz
October 18th, 2008, 13:30
Finally upgraded from 3.91m33 which is something I didn't think I'd be doing for a long time. But, I did and I'm not dissapointed. Everything works great.

But the biggest suprise of all....

This firmware improved the display quality on my slim. Everything's more crisp. Black or dark colors had a blur/smearing effect before, but that's gone now. This wasn't something I thought could be improved with firmware. :thumbup:

Thanks DAX!

BTW my 8GB stick works just fine with 5. I used the 3.71 mem stick drivers with 3.91M33 which was incredibly fast, as expected 5.00 is much, much slower in reading my mem stick. But that's ok. I get some lag (Tekken) when using Sony's driver but M33 driver works fine. Wish there was a way we could use those old drivers.... still very happy.

pdogg
October 18th, 2008, 15:40
But the biggest suprise of all....
This firmware improved the display quality on my slim. Everything's more crisp. Black or dark colors had a blur/smearing effect before, but that's gone now. This wasn't something I thought could be improved with firmware. :thumbup:

Omg, you accidently upgraded the display ! Now go and see if your PSP has grown a microphone as well :p

o1mlc
October 18th, 2008, 16:48
Disco fantastico..!

I'd forgot to redo the 3.71 fatmsmod.prx "patch" as described by the good gentleman Dembonz - is there a way DAX can put this into a 5.00 M33-2 update or create a fatmsmod patch to 5.00 M33?

At least I wasn't going mad and I did notice a slight lag..!

Thanks again to Dembonz for reminding me what I'd already done the first time I had this problem (when I'd updated to 4.01 M33-2 noticed the lag and then I'd went back to 3.90 M33-3 with the v2 patch)...no doubt I'll post again when I forget the next time I update...hehehe! :rofl:

shibby420182
October 18th, 2008, 17:23
i've upgraded and have used the ps store
nothing wrong so far, have connected a couple of different times. i love the easy update of the cfw, it makes things so easy.

I hope my account doesn't get banned, i'll only lose pain, but also my ID that i have used for so long.

newb_fo_life
October 19th, 2008, 17:24
Just as 5.00 m33 came out,I found my psp usb lol!

mac_133524
October 19th, 2008, 18:29
hello i have the psp slim running on firmware 5.00 and when i tried to run the 5.00m-33 version update it says the data is corrupt but all the info is shown and the picture 2 help plz plz piz

kaneco
October 19th, 2008, 19:39
Will this require a FatmsMod again like all the others?

EvilDooinz
October 19th, 2008, 20:04
hello i have the psp slim running on firmware 5.00 and when i tried to run the 5.00m-33 version update it says the data is corrupt but all the info is shown and the picture 2 help plz plz piz

You need to run this from CFW so downgrade via pandora to 4.01 M33 then install 5.00 M33

Dembonz
October 19th, 2008, 20:06
@mac_133524 - You have Sony's official firmware installed. You won't be able to install the m33 CFW without a PSP with CFW already on it, which you need to create a "pandora battery" and to create a special memory stick. If you are new to this type of stuff, it may take some work which can be confusing and difficult.
I'm sorry I don't have a link to any guides, but there are plenty out there if you search properly. Also you may be able to purchase a pandora batt online (datel?) and then just create the mem stick to hack the PSP. You need both of them to work together.

@kaneco - M33 doesn't require Fatmsmod.prx and it only worked up to 3.90m33. It uses mem stick drivers from 3.71, which are much faster than the ones in later fimware. So, no fatmsmod isn't required but it sure would be nice to have again.

kaneco
October 19th, 2008, 22:00
@mac_133524 - You have Sony's official firmware installed. You won't be able to install the m33 CFW without a PSP with CFW already on it, which you need to create a "pandora battery" and to create a special memory stick. If you are new to this type of stuff, it may take some work which can be confusing and difficult.
I'm sorry I don't have a link to any guides, but there are plenty out there if you search properly. Also you may be able to purchase a pandora batt online (datel?) and then just create the mem stick to hack the PSP. You need both of them to work together.

@kaneco - M33 doesn't require Fatmsmod.prx and it only worked up to 3.90m33. It uses mem stick drivers from 3.71, which are much faster than the ones in later fimware. So, no fatmsmod isn't required but it sure would be nice to have again.

Well 4.01 m33 sure required it and 5.00 m33 sure
requires it as I've seen so far.

Good thing I found a FastmsMod.prx port for 4.01 m33...so I'll just wait until a new port is released.

Found it in spanish site...btw.

Here's the 4.01 m33 FastmsMod for those who are
interested in it. :thumbup:

Spanishpeacock
October 20th, 2008, 05:02
Oh man, the Playstation Store sucks so bad, it's not even funny. You need at least twice the space of the game to download and install it. Took me an hour and a half to download Castlevania SOTN (366 MB) and install it. So, if you got a 1 GB stick, don't go and buy a game that's over 450 MB, otherwise you won't be able to download and install it.

I think Sony did that just so you need a better memory stick to download there PSP games. You don't need 2x the space to transfer the game from PS3 to PSP though.

Dembonz
October 20th, 2008, 05:14
[QUOTE=kaneco;2148151227]Well 4.01 m33 sure required it and 5.00 m33 sure
requires it as I've seen so far.

Good thing I found a FastmsMod.prx port for 4.01 m33...so I'll just wait until a new port is released.[QUOTE]

"Requires" it as in works much better with it :D. Yep it kinda does, it's a huge difference.
I didn't know about the 4.01 port of fatmsmod, that would have been big news and I might have upgraded if I did. I usually don't trust installing things on my PSP if I don't see it talked about openly on news sites/forums. Did it work for you?
At any rate I think we can agree a fatsmsmod patch for 5.00 would make us all very happy.
cheers

o1mlc
October 20th, 2008, 13:23
I didn't know about the 4.01 port of fatmsmod, that would have been big news and I might have upgraded if I did. I usually don't trust installing things on my PSP if I don't see it talked about openly on news sites/forums. Did it work for you?

Yeah, I too was forever "stuck" on 3.90 M33-3 as I thought the MS Driver only worked up to 3.90. I read on a link from DAX forums somewhere that (after struggling, it was a Spanish Post...) you could use the 3.80/3.90 fatmsmod.prx installer for 4.01 M33-2 as long as your 3.71 fatmsmod.prx file was unencrypted and not sigchecked...

...I (and another guy I chatted to on DAX forum) tried this 4.01 approach on 5.00 M33 (it takes two passes of the installer to get it to "work"), but afterwards there was no difference - i.e. the lag remained.

Apparently this is because Sony have changed the file, it's no longer called fatmsmod.prx, it's now simply "fatms.prx", though it was noted by some of the more knowledgable people over on the DAX forum that it wasn't simply a change of filename, it was a different file / driver entirely...

Either way, it looks like if you want the iso performance of 3.71 the highest you can go to for now is 4.01 M33-2 and apply the patch with a dump of an unencrypted (and not sigchecked) 3.71 fatmsmod.prx...

Though I must stress I've not personally tried this on 4.01 M33-2, but applying it to 5.00 M33 didn't brick so...

Let's just see if DAX doesn't bring out a 5.00 M33 patch, maybe because the patch "works" in 4.01 M33 was why he never brought out an "official" 4.01 M33 version...

pspmodel1001
October 20th, 2008, 15:47
I don't care about the 1.50 addon, I have the TM for that on my phat.

Anyway, Love this.*Damn, now I need to reconvert my psx games, Oh well.*sigh**

mac_133524
October 21st, 2008, 03:07
i dont know y dark_alex hasnt made a cfw that makes the music play louder when u use the speakers

cavelord007
October 22nd, 2008, 00:13
Hi All,

Upgraded 2 FAT PSP to 5.0 M33 but popstation menu wont show up?

I have tried everything. popstation plugin enabled and ran DAX pops fix still it will not show popstation menu when pressing on right button.
It's the menu you can select what version of pop you want to use 3.00 3.01 - 3.72

Any help will be great,

Thanks

jamotto
October 22nd, 2008, 00:44
Hi All,

Upgraded 2 FAT PSP to 5.0 M33 but popstation menu wont show up?

I have tried everything. popstation plugin enabled and ran DAX pops fix still it will not show popstation menu when pressing on right button.
It's the menu you can select what version of pop you want to use 3.00 3.01 - 3.72

Any help will be great,

Thanks

The current popstation plugin does not work with 5.0 you will have to wait until Dax releases a new popsloader plugin.

hnkrules
October 22nd, 2008, 05:10
finally

hnkrules
what r the advantages of upgrading right now
?

hnkrules
r there any advantages?

Racer-X
October 22nd, 2008, 15:50
I am on 4.01 m33-2 on a fat. I want to go to the new 5.00 m33.

Some reports of the wi-fi update bricking so I want to do manually.

Instructions on DA Readme it says:
--------

Instructions: Copy UPDATE folder /PSP/GAME/ and run.
Put the 5.00 sony update as 500.PBP in same folder, or let the program download it for you using a wifi connection.

---------

That looks like I dont put the 500.PBP in the Update folder until AFTER I have run the M33 update.

So do I put the 500.PBP in the Update folder at the same time I am connected to PC and am putting M33 Update folder in PSP/GAME? Or do I RUN the UPDATE M33, then reconnect to PC and put the 500.PBP in the Update folder?

I think in the past you have to put the Sony OFW PBP in the Update folder BEFORE you disconnect from PC and run the updater for M33.

Can you guys clear this up for me or do you think the wi-fi is safe now for updating?

Thanks alot.

dangee
October 22nd, 2008, 19:49
I want to...

(from phat with 3.71 m33-4)

I used the wifi auto d/l when the update prog prompted.no problem.

your other alternative is to d/l 500.PBP, USB it to /UPDATE , disconnect , then launch the update prog.

bobert123
October 23rd, 2008, 00:58
i am currently at cfw 3.40 OE-A can i go straight to 5.00 or do i need to upgrade to something else first

neuroticated
October 28th, 2008, 08:59
i've installed the custom firmware and the required files/programs (i suppose), but when i tried to start a PSX game, it says "The game could not be started. (CA000005)". anyone has any idea why?

zeth07
October 28th, 2008, 18:53
i am currently at cfw 3.40 OE-A can i go straight to 5.00 or do i need to upgrade to something else first

I'm curious about the same thing. After i got 3.40 OE-A a while back i stopped following the psp custom firmwares. I was wondering if it would be worth it for me to finally update to the latest custom firmwares?? If it has all the added features since then, plus still allows me to play my emulators, ps1 games, and my own psp backups then I would really like to know what i have to do for it.

xtrne
October 31st, 2008, 00:28
Without sounding like I am asking a stupid question. What is the upgrade process?
I am on the initial version from pandora (about 3.75 M33). Can I go straight to 5.00 M33, or do I have to do it in stages?
Thanks.

P.S. I bought my daughter a PSP3000. Any ideas on hacking one of these safely?

Triv1um
October 31st, 2008, 00:32
Without sounding like I am asking a stupid question. What is the upgrade process?
I am on the initial version from pandora (about 3.75 M33). Can I go straight to 5.00 M33, or do I have to do it in stages?
Thanks.

P.S. I bought my daughter a PSP3000. Any ideas on hacking one of these safely?

Yeah, you can jump up.

No, the PSP3000 hasn't been hacked as of yet. I cant see it being long though.

kryst abegnalie
October 31st, 2008, 01:15
i've installed the custom firmware and the required files/programs (i suppose), but when i tried to start a PSX game, it says "The game could not be started. (CA000005)". anyone has any idea why?

in what firmware are you currently? if in 5.00M33-3, try putting popsloader in your psp

kryst abegnalie
October 31st, 2008, 01:17

for 3.40OE-A, you will need to upgrade first to 3.51M33 then you can now jump to 5.00M33-3, or if you have DCv7 installed in your psp, try to upgrade by installing 4.01M33 inside DCv7

xtrne
October 31st, 2008, 01:47
Where do I get the 5.00 Sony update file?

xtrne
October 31st, 2008, 01:50
Re: Use the wifi connection. I was led to believe that if you allow update via wifi after hacking, it stuffs up and bricks the PSP.

dangee
October 31st, 2008, 02:44
Re: Use the wifi connection. I was led to believe that if you allow update via wifi after hacking, it stuffs up and bricks the PSP.

there's a wifi download of 500.PBP included in the 5.00-M33 installer.
it worked ok for me

Just make sure not to run the NETWORK UPDATE from the XMB icon
from any firmware below 3.80-M33 as
it will try to install official firmware

tomyzor
November 3rd, 2008, 12:28
Hey, just wondering, can I update from 3.52 M33-4 straight to 5.00, or do I need to do it in steps.

Thanks!

gotmilk0112
November 5th, 2008, 21:33
Will I be able to update to this? My firmware is:

3.40 OE-A

kotter
November 9th, 2008, 12:38
Hi Guys
I bought a PSP in Thailand for a friend and had it all uploaded with games ( I think it was 4.33) He decided to upgrade to the latest 5.0.......Bad News!!! Now he is very disappointed because everything is f.......
So we have heard of the Pandora thing etc, but we are amatuers and it seems to be horrendous to try and go the route of doing it from downloads etc.......
So the question is, does anybody know of where to get this Pandora Box!! ( Either in here in Thailand or at my place in Australia where I will be for 3 weeks in a couple of weeks time). A suggestion is to buy another cheap second hand older version and you can somehow do it that way!!! This suggestion was from the shop we bought it from.
Please help because he cannot afford the Gen programs and at the moment the PSP is useless
Hoping for a solution from you guys.

TheSteamEngenius
November 11th, 2008, 22:31
Hi guys..Im really new all of this homebrew..never used it before, since when I got my PSP i updated it automatically.

Now I have official firmware 4.05 and would really appreciate some help trying to set this up (as Im quite scared to screw over my PSP somehow).

Can I even install this from my current firmware version or not? And if someone could give me a little more detailed instruction then 'place files here and run', it would be very very nice of you. And do I need a pandora battery to just install this stuff?

strikers15
November 24th, 2008, 22:33
Hey guys,
I just recently got a PSP and i got the 3.71 m33-3 firmware and then updated it to this 5.00 m33-3 firmware, but there is a problem that has happened. My PSP has become very laggy and it takes forever for anything to load.
I was wondering if anyone knew why this is occurring and how to fix it? I would really appreciate if someone could help me out. Thanks.

speedeither
December 16th, 2008, 00:21
hi to anyone who reads this and thanks for any reply !I I got a used psp and when i try to update it theres a mesage that says (DADADA) but i got games that need a better version then the one i have does anyone know how to fix this? my version is 3.40 thkx

Shrygue
December 16th, 2008, 18:44
Here's a tip: try asking your questions in this forum (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=80). You'll most likey get answers there.

wiredforpower
December 18th, 2008, 18:57
dark alex is the man.