PDA

View Full Version : from chunky to cool

swordstalker
August 15th, 2004, 02:05
everybody knows the old look ds looked a bit of rubbish cos of the chunky style nintendo went for

now nintendo have answerd eveyones prayers and changed the design of it to look cool and slim

now i think the nintendo ds will be on everyones to buy list, it is already on mine

krowstrife
August 15th, 2004, 05:19
you got a link to some pics

wraggster
August 15th, 2004, 06:17
ahem :)

http://nds-news.netfirms.com/screenshots.shtml

GPF
August 15th, 2004, 08:04
How much are they going to cost?

Cap'n 1time
August 15th, 2004, 09:44
I dont think nintendo has anounced anything official. but i read somewhere $180 usd. not sure how much that is gbp. It is quite a bit for a handheld system... heck its alot for a brand new console.

-edit: concidering that it might be like a fully functional pocket pc.. mabey it will be worth it. does anyone know all the functions it has? I think it does more than just play games.

tinku
August 15th, 2004, 10:39
looks like its made out of bakealite, very old fashioned, that portable dvd player looks very groovy why cant nintendo use the same size screen much bigger and the unit is cheaper too.

tinku

Cap'n 1time
August 15th, 2004, 14:12
looks like its made out of bakealite, very old fashioned, that portable dvd player looks very groovy why cant nintendo use the same size screen much bigger and the unit is cheaper too.

tinku

I have no idea what you just said... the DS dosnt even use dvd hardware. It uses some kind of memory cartridge.

The screens themselves are marginally more high resolution than the GBA, with two 256 x 192 resolution panels included in the spec., compared to the 240 x 160 panel in the GBA.

- from the leaked specs at
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/03/11/leaked_nintendo_ds_specs_reveal/

GPF
August 16th, 2004, 00:02
very cool, I want one. Doubt I will get one till then next generation comes out though :)

wraggster
August 16th, 2004, 15:05
ill buy one as soon as i can afford one, the wife wont be happy though :P

Hola
August 16th, 2004, 15:28
The whole reason I didnt wanna buy DS was it ugly ass design and its low power. Now I just dont wanna buy it because of its extremly high price for extremly low performance when compared to PSP.

Cap'n 1time
August 16th, 2004, 16:35
The whole reason I didnt wanna buy DS was it ugly ass design and its low power. Now I just dont wanna buy it because of its extremly high price for extremly low performance when compared to PSP.

from what i have read the functionalaty more than makes up for its "lack of power". how powerfull does a system have to be to have good software?

as for the high price tag... it appears to have some of the functionalaty of a pocket pc. I dont know if it plays wimpy low quality compressed mp3 music like psp, but frankly i dont care. nintendo always comes through and i am sure that the ds will have features that psp owners will miss out on.

and lastly, you mentioned its "ugly ass design". what about the psp's wimpy ass design... that thing looks like it would fall to peices in my hands.

Hola
August 16th, 2004, 17:39
I admite PSP doesnt look as nice as the new design of the DS but psp has more feature and better than ps2 quality graphics and thats all the matters to me. Plus its UDF media videos mean I can watch movies on the go at a low price legally. And sony has talk of adding UDF media video support for all there newer dvd players.
It also plays high rate mp3's at 382kbps. The screen is also much larger and the button lay out is nice. It support smart media which mean there will be HB on it in no time. And is extremly easy to program for so. PSP is design for devolopers to love it and they do. More devolopers like PSP at the moment. Grants its only by 10%. PSP 55% and DS 45%

krowstrife
August 16th, 2004, 21:42
the psp is going to be hella expensive, like $300 usd
i will get a ds when it comes out this fall fo sho ;D