PDA

View Full Version : DreamCPC Amstrad Emulator for Dreamcast Being Worked On

wraggster
October 17th, 2008, 21:31
Ron has announced on his blog that he his working on the Amstrad Emulator for Dreamcast that was JMDs work.

More details here --> http://66.102.9.104/translate_c?hl=en&sl=es&tl=en&u=http://rondreamcast.blogspot.com/2008/10/dreamcpc-amstrad-para-dreamcast-con-cpm.html&usg=ALkJrhgvJAH4jxMjjx5GTYirXw9k3wsnmg

Eric
October 18th, 2008, 06:47
Well thats good news cause im sure JMD wont return anytime soon. Hes a father now and is working really hard with his child he said maybe in a couple years he'll do something but not anytime soon. I wouldnt press my luck on it and im not worried about it. JMD was a good coder and still is but he wont be doing anything for the Dreamcast anytime soon he told me he was coding for something else i cant remember but i believe it was a older computer i could be wrong.

ron
October 19th, 2008, 15:40
Sorry Wraggs, you didnt understand correctly what I said.

I'm woking on a Caprice Port for Dreamcast, right now, it does work but, nothing in common with the really great JMD's Emulator DreamCPC.

Jmd's emu is based in WinCPC, my port is Caprice, things different. My entry on my blog is about the tribute to Gary Kildall , the best of the best. CP/M running on Dreamcast.

My port is already running, soon i'll release an alpha release for testing.

Anyway thanks mate !!

See ya

obelisk
November 20th, 2008, 00:29
Hiya, Ron.
It's very cool that you're doing the CPC emu, I anticipate its release.
I however as well, have some questions, and notes of importance from myself.

1. I am a kid from Northern California, and the computers we played were the Atari 8 bit series, and the Commodores, if we could get hold of them. The Ataris were in most of the schools, and the Apples were at friends' houses. I had an Atari XE in 1989, then an XL, then a C=128, and then a C=64 in 90.... will this CPC emulator have simple controls, the ones before for CPC on DC were very difficult. I'd just love to play some of the games from Europe, and I need to know....
how hard will it be to enjoy them, if you're a NorCal kid (32), and not a Eurogamer.

2. We have seen many great releases from you and your friends... are there any chances of a C=64, Atari 2600, 7800, and other stuff?

3. I know I need to donate to you guys, you guys deserve a fat tip from me, du to the fact that you've given me a lot of happiness, and spread a lot of joy to the community.
Stay Mellow.