PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS Vision Available Now

wraggster
October 17th, 2008, 22:37
New from Consolesource (http://www.consolesource.com/affiliates/idevaffiliate.php?id=209_0_3_11)

http://www.consolesource.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/ds-vision.jpg

Nintendo’s DS Vision is now available at ConsoleSource.com for $49.95. The DS Vision is a slot 1 (NDS) adapter which allows gamers to download comics, books, magazines, anime, movies, and television programs to a MicroSD card for use on the Nintendo DS & DS Lite. The DS Vision comes complete with a 512MB MicroSD card and a PC adapter

juiceface
October 17th, 2008, 23:09
better late than never i guess, looks overpriced though.

Harshboy
October 18th, 2008, 00:33
Way overpriced! My $13 N5 can do way more than that.

$8 2GB microSD Card is nice too ;)

paul3100
October 18th, 2008, 09:30
Nintendo just jumping on the band wagon! supprised they didn't call it the R4-dsvision so loads of noobs would buy it.

512mb sd card with it WOW whats that these days?!?!?! nothing.

How long till someone hacks it to play .nds files i wonder ;-), also wonder if this will work on thenew dsi cause if it does then there is a good chance all other cards will too.

Anyone any idea of the build quality or format movies/music have to be in.

paul

goshogun1
October 18th, 2008, 18:53
Heh, I don't even remember there being 512MB sd cards. I started at 1GB. I bet people wanting it for movies and shows nowadays would at least want 8GB or close. MAYBE will fit 2 anime episodes. Talk about behind the times!

Eyedunno
October 19th, 2008, 04:53
How long till someone hacks it to play .nds files i wonder ;-),
I suspect the answer to that is "never", as most likely, the card only has software for reading the supported formats, and there's no firmware that allows running code from the microSD. And BTW, that's a proprietary microSD card; you can't just use any microSD card you buy at a store.

also wonder if this will work on thenew dsi cause if it does then there is a good chance all other cards will too.
I don't see how that follows at all.

Anyway, I was looking forward to this, and may still get it for Japanese books on my DS, but so far, the website is only up to 91 titles, and that's still too few to choose from, plus several of them are classic (copyright-expired) works that I already have on DS Nihon Bungaku 100sen.

spinal_cord
October 19th, 2008, 13:17
How long till someone hacks it to play .nds files i wonder ;-),

I suspect the answer to that is "never", as most likely, the card only has software for reading the supported formats, and there's no firmware that allows running code from the microSD.

What makes you say that? If you remember the GBAMP appeared no to be able to load stuff from the CF card, but not too long after its release, chishm had hacked and flashed the internal hardware to allow booting homebrew on a DS. So just because it does not load its menu from the SD card, does not mean that it can't.

also wonder if this will work on thenew dsi cause if it does then there is a good chance all other cards will too.

I don't see how that follows at all.

I agree, from what I understand, this is an official Nintendo product, so if it works (which it most likely will) means absolutly nothing for other flash cards, just like saying if official ds game cards run on the DSi then flash cards will.

And BTW, that's a proprietary microSD card; you can't just use any microSD card you buy at a store.

What? is there any such thing? I'm using a Nokia microSD in my flash card, and a generic brand one in its place in my phone, no problems either way. Just because it has DSVision printed on the front, does not mean no other cards will work in its place.