PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Recovery Menu Discovered!

wraggster
October 18th, 2008, 23:26
via ps3hax (http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=7272)

JordanBlack68 has found something interesting on the latest 2.50 firmware update. Apparently Sony has snuck in a PS3 recovery menu with the latest update.

To go into this mode you need at least firmware 2.50 and do the following:

Place your PS3 in STANDBY mode
Hold the power button until you hear 2 beeps.
If it goes into the video reset setting then you messed up, and do it again till you hear a double beep.

http://www.youtube.com/v/8gfbF_J39W8

aminkr
October 19th, 2008, 00:23
wow?

good news i guess, maybe something will come out from this discovery?? hmmmm.... :)

phsychokill
October 19th, 2008, 00:54
I doubt much will come from it as if sony has put it in the recovery menue will still be secure and probly require something similar to the magic memory stick/pandora battery for PSP.

mcdougall57
October 19th, 2008, 01:35
They wouldn't put it in if it didn't have security measures.

jonezybaby
October 19th, 2008, 19:11
you cant downgrade from it, it'll only let you use the system update from FW's 2.50 And Upwards

Ultima Chocochu
October 19th, 2008, 19:42
I realized how incredibly useful that is, incase a firmware kills your PS3, you could just easily download it, put in a memory stick, update, and it'd most likely fix your problems.
I disregard it for homebrew because I don't think it's happening soon, if at all but you never know.

NeroMaverick
October 20th, 2008, 01:00
This looks like Sonys fix to the trophy bricking issue that happened a while back ago. The article being called "Recovery Menu" makes users think of the PSP and the Recovery Menu on CFW.

Can't say I wasn't excited when I read this, thought we could make some PS3 homebrew progress. Good news to hear Sony is addressing a few issues with their system/updates tho. There's been so much hardware revision with the system, there's bound to be a few problems across the board. At least this will take some of the stress off customer service.

jonezybaby
October 21st, 2008, 20:05
^^ the trophies thing is prob right, about 7/10 consoles went back i think.

mainly 40gb models.

i have the 60gb model and i had no problems!