PDA

View Full Version : Sony PS3 2.50: The black and white video problem

wraggster
October 19th, 2008, 17:42
The latest firmware update “Sony PS3 2.50” added many great features to all of our Playstation 3’s, but we are also getting many reports of problems as well. The main problem with the latest update seems to be related to the DivX VOD addition.

Some users have video displaying in black and white, although it worked fine before updating. You can read some of the problems users have reported below, feel free to share a comment once reading.

If you have video on your HD don’t get if you have an SD TV unless you like black and white, I found out the hard way.

I downloaded 2.50 yesterday, i also have same problem with my videos showing only in black and white plus small difference in sound. I really hope that Sony fixes this bug fast, because this is not what i paid for. Also I’m very disappointed over the freezing of GTA IV still not fixed.

It’s completely stopped my current DivX movies from working correctly! (Black and white, funny lines at the top of my screen) i didn’t pay R6000 for this. What gives?

About 100gb of films i have are now black n white…not Alfred Hitchcock ones either ones from my pc through media server and avi files on disc do the same, yet b4 update they worked fine.

Since the update some of my mpeg videos are in black and white both from the hdd and DVD. Any word on solutions yet?

http://www.product-reviews.net/2008/10/18/sony-ps3-250-the-black-and-white-video-problem/

Mc_Logical
October 19th, 2008, 21:36
Maybe a 2.51 around the corner, ive had problems with 2.5, twice ive had when ps3 froze, restarting and says rebuilding data base and a loading bar, it wipes all my playlists in music, and resets all the music/video folder I sectioned, and using square to re-arrange them back doesn`t work, so ive had to redo it all twice, pisses me off, and yeah! ive had some videos black n white

hibone
October 21st, 2008, 14:55
I'm not having the B/W issue but I am having issues with the video playback over wireless since the update.

The Kbps on DivX will plummet from around 500 kbps down to 40 or 50Kbps and the video will stutter. It doesnt happen to TV shows that are MPEG-4. Only to full length films that are being streamed. Blu-ray and DVD both play back fine.

Anyone else having the same trouble?