PDA

View Full Version : Sony PSP 2.5” HDD Enclosure Available

wraggster
January 9th, 2006, 19:22
Source - Gizmodo (http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable-media/sony-psp-25-hdd-enclosure-available-147418.php)

"Got a ton of video in MPEG4 format laying around waiting to be put on your PSP, but you just can’t cram it all on there? Never fear—the SavitMicro S25 HDD enclosure lets you use any 2.5” hard drive as a PSP storage device. Totally awesome. Just hook it up to your PSP, Digital Camera, or any other device that can accept an external storage device and you’ve got tons of extra space. The price isn’t bad if you’ve already got the hard drive too. It’s about $100 for the enclosure and USB cable and is shipping now."

Hmm just remember that the PSP will only see 4gb until a firmware update and well $100 seems a lot for just an enclosure, thoughts ?

mr_snake3rd
January 9th, 2006, 20:15
Its is just an enclosure, u have to buy the hdd your self, plus it only transfers the files to your memorystick, so if you have a 32mb card you can only transfer files of that size, (cough cough (Ripoff!) cough hmm)

AcerVenutra
January 9th, 2006, 20:34
But the 4 gig limit is on the PSP device itself. The HD is just used a storage transfer device and there are no limits to storage. You can have 30 gigs on the HD but you can only tranfer what the memory card can hold at one time.

stormuk
January 9th, 2006, 22:23
Its been available for ages - apacer share steno does the same job for less approx $60 for the case.

If your around your pc all the time yes they are pointless - but if like me you have long train journeys etc and stuck away from home they are a godsend!

Also as hinted at they are brilliant for transfering pictures onto when camera memory runs out.

Only downside is It didnt work with me trying to see what the 360 HD had on it :(

slayer2psp
January 10th, 2006, 00:59
we need something like this that will let yoiu play movies from the usb this is nothing new and way over priced

jwilds73
January 10th, 2006, 19:50
we need something like this that will let yoiu play movies from the usb this is nothing new and way over priced

I believe the problem is the same with the GP2X in that the PSP does not have a USB Host chip and it can not host another USB device. If the PSP was able to act as the host then you could connect and play movies off a USB storage device etc. Or in the case of the GP2X I could hook up a USB wifi adapter and connect to the internet or other users just like the PSP wifi setup does.