PDA

View Full Version : Gears Of War 2 Invades Torrent Sites

Shrygue
October 20th, 2008, 20:51
via Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/5065990/gears-of-war-2-invades-torrent-sites)

Yes, yes - Gears of War 2 has begun showing up on popular torrent sites across the internets, with a gigantic 6.76 GB file in convenient RAR format currently being seeded by hundreds of inconsiderate asshats around the world. I won't go into details because quite frankly I've gotten to the point where I don't even consider leaks news anymore. It's going to happen, be it a week away from release or a month away. The only difference between now and any other time of the year is that more high-profile games come out during the holiday season, which I suppose means this is a busy time for everyone in the industry, pirates included.

I think the most important thing to note in this post is that my spellchecker (yes, I use one) still fails to recognize asshat as a proper word. I know I can add it in myself, but that isn't the point. Until the word is officially recognized these leak posts will continue to make me a spellchecker rebel, living on the edge, clicking 'skip all' like some kind of madman.

slaanesh
October 20th, 2008, 23:49
Like you said, this isn't really news.

Making it news just makes it worse - as you will make more people aware that the torrent exists and give people the idea about downloading it.

BastarB
October 21st, 2008, 00:20
Yes, I totally agree with slaanesh, as he said it only makes the situation worse.
Shrygue, why do you post news like this? Why? =(
Remove it, please!!!

mcdougall57
October 21st, 2008, 00:34
6.76 GB? It would probably take me until november the 7th to download it.

ish420ism
October 21st, 2008, 08:59
Too bad it ain't for PC :D