PDA

View Full Version : Oh no...it's back!

IndianCheese
January 10th, 2006, 01:18
My urge to update to 2.00 has arrived again. As you can see from my sig, I have ventured through quite a few firmwares. I need some questions answered for me.

How good is the new EBOOT Loader?

How close are we to full firmware emulation?

Where can I go for a trustworthy 2.00 update EBOOT?

I have used PSPersonalize. Will updating brick me?

KenshinKajima
January 10th, 2006, 01:40
The following post is a collection of things ive heard about Fanjita's eboot loader:
its not as effective as running 1.5 or 1.0 (as in it freezes more often).
Alot of the higher end stuff doesnt work well or not at all (Quake, Doom i think, Snes emulaors, etc.).
I think its a bit of a pain to you too.

I know what i told you is at least 75% right

IndianCheese
January 10th, 2006, 01:49
It would be cool if he added an interface that had a bunch of green 0's and 1's so you could show your "hacking skills" to your friends.

Produkt
January 10th, 2006, 01:59
The recent version called "Choice" has been able to run doom b6 and the pspu forums clame ATOM works well too.

IndianCheese
January 10th, 2006, 02:09
Have there been any reports of Sony masking a 2.01 update as a 2.00 update? I got the update PBP from "you-know-what-updates.com". Would they pull any tricks like this on me?

Negibozu
January 10th, 2006, 03:47
I get my 2.0/1.5 updates from the same place. I'm not sure If I can post the site on this forum, so if you want it, email me. I could even send you the files themself if you need them (I've only got 1.5/2.0 though). When you run the update it tells you what update it is, and if sony lied to you, that'd probably violate some type of privacy policy, by not giving you what it says it is.

Email - [email protected]

Topknot
January 10th, 2006, 10:14
My urge to update to 2.00 has arrived again. As you can see from my sig, I have ventured through quite a few firmwares. I need some questions answered for me.

How good is the new EBOOT Loader?

Obviously I cant speak for all but I'm having ZERO problems with the 0.9 eboot loader. Running snes/genesis/c64 emus perfectly, snes sometimes needs a little tweaking (up the cpu or frameskip) but generally runs everything perfect. Bookr works great, file assistant, the newest LUA player, the list goes on.

Doom has been mentioned as dodgy, but again, apart from the known sound problem (which is solved by a hard reset and re-load of doom) its running fine on my PSP.

I only updated for GTA with the full intention of coming back to 1.5 when done, however seen as every piece of homebrew I use still works, and works identically on 1.5, I just dont see the point.

KenshinKajima
January 10th, 2006, 22:15
Um. .. . guys. . . 2 words

VERSION SWITCHER

the little thingy that makes ur psp think its updated, thusly allowing Gta, burnout and homebrrew. I got it on mah psp and i wanted to see if it worked. I open up the page that lists ur version and sure enough it said "2.00" and then i booted up Burnout! .Just browse the forums for the page.

Produkt
January 10th, 2006, 22:31
Cheese I used the update from PSPU when I had to replace my PSP no problems.

Infact you can easily check them when you load the updater it will say what version.

as for Kajima... I know you want to help but research things please bub, GTA and SOCOM (aswell as many others) cannot run without version 2.00 because of prx files they need in the firmware. Its like trying to make a divx movie play without the codecs. -FYI

Now whats the want to upgrade for cheese? thinking about GTA or socom?

IndianCheese
January 10th, 2006, 22:31
I want the internet browser. Wipeout isn't too good, and I don't like using Tenchi because it is illegal and lacks back/forward buttons.

IndianCheese
January 10th, 2006, 22:32
Well, I updated, and I gave Fanjita the low-down of possible fix-ups for it via e-mail. Fanjita, if you are reading this, check your inbox.

Kaiser
January 11th, 2006, 00:41
Some one mentioned that snes emulators don't run on it which is bullshit they run fine. Some one also mentioned that version changer will allow you to play all 2.0 games, which is also bullshit because we all know some 2.00 games require certain codes only real 2.00's have.

I'm happy with my 2.0 and fanjita's loader it runs most of the good stuff.

Produkt
January 11th, 2006, 01:21
Kaiser "codecs" (PRX's) :P

But the thing that is being a new fasion is the MPH firmware launcher... supposedly they have figured out a way to combine 1.5 and 2.0 features... so eventuly a custom firmware can come of it... meaning we all upgrade tp firmware 13.37... and keep quiet :P

Festizzio
January 11th, 2006, 01:47
Actually, I'm using the MPH firmware loader to load 2.50. The browser works fine, and so does AVC.