PDA

View Full Version : NeoCD PSP 0.6.2 (NeoCD Emu for PSP)

wraggster
January 10th, 2006, 01:37
Zelurker (http://www.rainemu.com/html/archive/tux/neocdpsp.html) has released a new update to the continuation of Yoyofrs original Neogeo CD Emulator for the PSP, heres whats new:

<blockquote>I didn't want to release something else so fast, but I had to find a way to load samurai spirits rpg zipped and fast. And the difference is so incredible that I had to release this version as is. It loads samurai spirits rpg in 23s if it's zipped now ! It might actually load faster the zipped version that the unzipped version now !
Actually the trick was to add a read cache to unzip.c, if some other emus want to use the trick, they are welcome to !

I also stopped to display the loading picture while ingame, and I added the patch.prg file, necessary to load samurai spirits rpg.

Also, be careful at the filesystem corruption bugs : if a program quits without closing its opened files, then there are good chances that the psp corrupts the files. So if you quit neocdpsp with the home key, a reset of the eboot loader for firmware 2.0 if you use it, or by a crash, then I advice to run something to check the filesystem on your memory card (like scandisk).</blockquote>

Download at our Comprehensive NeoGeoCD Emulator download page here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/neocdpsp.shtml

slaphappygamer
January 10th, 2006, 06:42
this is one of my favorite emus. great job.

Koga
January 10th, 2006, 08:45
Your work on th emu is VERY much appriciated, guy. Thanks a ton for doing what ya do. ; )

Finally I can play SS RPG. : )

djhcg
January 10th, 2006, 10:42
Nice work man! Pretty impress for the short-loading time of zipped files and now I can save a hell lot of space! Cheers!

Voltron
January 10th, 2006, 13:46
Much thanks and appreciation go out to you and this emu. I have never tried any version of this emu but I just tried and successfully got this emu working on a version 2.00 PSP with Fanjita's EBOOT Loader. Amazing. Keep up the good work!

sti3
January 10th, 2006, 17:15
Have any other emus figured out how to utilize the GPU like this one does? like a GBA emu?

geise69
January 10th, 2006, 17:33
HUE does. It's a PC-Engine/Turbogfx emulator. It's very nice. There is no other emulator that I know of besides the neogeocd and HUE emulators. I could be wrong though.

Ennohex
January 10th, 2006, 20:13
Still the best homebrew app on the PSP and getting better. I still feel the pain of one annoying thing. The digital pad and quarter-circle motions. You still have to stop the motion early, hope you get to fix this soon. Also, I now get I/O errors occuring during my KOF97/98 games that didn't happen before. Hope that helps some. Keep it up

mcmonkey
January 11th, 2006, 19:43
yeh i seem to get alot of I/O errors when playing KOF96-99, but still amaizing little emu all the same.

hossein
January 13th, 2006, 06:41
hi.i get this emulator and work fine with firmware 2.00 (thanks fajinta)
but how can i run a rom with that.i download magical drop 2 but cant play that

kinghenri
January 13th, 2006, 12:43
yep me to i/o error for real bout fatal fury's en kof serie hope it will be fix soon great work by the way love the emu a lot hope can play these games soon to

glac
January 13th, 2006, 13:45
Besides the I/O errors, does anyone play kof97 with music? Since 0.6 version this game is without music. Can anybody confirm that it's a common thing or if it's just happening with myself?

Thanks in advance. :confused:

kinghenri
January 14th, 2006, 04:30
in all the fighting games i have only the sound effects working not real music like metal slug so think should be real music to but for me only sound effects they work