PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft: Today Is Global Do Not Talk, Think or Steal Like a Pirate Day

wraggster
October 21st, 2008, 16:04
Are you at work? Really? Didn't you know today was a holiday? Yep, in Redmond at least, it's Global Anti-Piracy Day. To celebrate, there will be simultaneous "legal actions, education efforts and customer reactions announced across 49 countries." Microsoft has actually picked a pretty great way to fight pirates: If there's one thing they hate besides ninjas, it's the law and schoolin'

http://gizmodo.com/5066374/microsoft-today-is-global-do-not-talk-think-or-steal-like-a-pirate-day

davidcrew
October 21st, 2008, 16:52
lol. Click the link and read the next paragraph. I love the line "like murdering unicorns" =]

trugamer
October 21st, 2008, 20:18
MS must hate international speak like a pirate day (its a real day apparently)

Seriously, don't think like a pirate? They couldn't be more 1984 if they tried.

mike_jmg
October 22nd, 2008, 01:55
I'll just make another copy of my crappy unstable Win XP proffesional already copied CD to celebrate

edit: damn, I'm out of blank CDs, guess I'll celebrate in another way

dark heart
October 22nd, 2008, 09:11
maybe they should make everything cheaper and stop complaining. you don't just buy everything you need, even if it's really important to do it eg stock photos. when you do, your left broke, they can go jump. and if they lose a million from they're trillion dollar pile, and the benefits go to the poor people with just enough money to buy a cheap computer, so be it. it's not like they can ask for it.

R4mbo
October 22nd, 2008, 12:01
That's stupid retarded shiat.

Wally
October 22nd, 2008, 13:12
Or at least stop spending $300 on advertising something that doesn't work... I can't stand Microsoft's current stance (Xbox department is alright). Windows, PocketPC's.

I love Apple's interpretation of this in their latest ad. (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=JQPFJMoG_pE)

Wally

gutbub
October 22nd, 2008, 14:35
Wow, so many angry pirates here. I can't say I pirate stuff anymore, my network traffic is constantly monitored. What I can say is this, boo hoo. Not at Microsoft, but at the babies crying here. If you don't want to be on the prosecution list, don't get caught. If you want to be uncatchable, don't pirate.

And those of you saying that the stuff is too expensive, don't buy it if you can't afford it. This is the whole reason the world is going into a depression, people buying things they don't need, with money they don't have.

trugamer
October 22nd, 2008, 16:38
I don't like Apple's way of negative advertising, Microsoft might make me laugh (like the idea of an anti-piracy day) but I just don't like negative advertising, makes it seem that Apple wants to appear the best of a bad bunch rather than something worth buying.

I don't support piracy BTW, I just think not "thinking" like a pirate seems a bit stupid.

October 22nd, 2008, 18:56
I'm going w/u mike_jmg
I'll just make another copy of my crappy unstable Win XP profesional already copied CD to celebrate and download an new psp game without pay :P

In certain cases support piracy, here the prices are very high.
And us and other countries w/"originalwave" would never understand, and who says: "don't buy it if you can't afford it".I say so we have to stay like cuba?(w/nothing good and new,It'd be like be in stone age)And without "us" Sony, for example would be with ****ed sell ratings, like SEGA(that I love) was w/ dreamcast.

So dude if you don't know others situation.Shut up! Don't follow Clinton footsteps that told the capital of Brazil was Buenos Aires or when Lula that said Tsunami was a "Vendaval"(in english: something like Typhoon)

Please X3

davidcrew
October 22nd, 2008, 19:15
And those of you saying that the stuff is too expensive, don't buy it if you can't afford it. This is the whole reason the world is going into a depression, people buying things they don't need, with money they don't have.

True dat double true.

Negative savings of Americans for many years finally catching up and screwing over the world.

Credit can go do a caribou. I don't see any reason why it should determine whether we can get a house or a car, it's nonsense.

October 22nd, 2008, 19:36
USA wouldn't be with negative savings if their govenment, stopped to play "monopoly" with the econnomy or "war" in Iraq that speech that people see on a TV and think that's true really ticks me off.Learn to think with your head and not with your media besides piracy is not right neither in the most of cases.But to keep on critical is easy, hard is to combat it 'round the world,when other govenments really don't care and for the worst;raise taxes.
And we can afford but we not crazy enough to pay 198R$(=$,knowning that a dollar is 2,349R$,and stores need to have their profit).

If you don't know others situation.Shut up! Don't follow Clinton footsteps that told the capital of Brazil was Buenos Aires or when Lula that said Tsunami was a "Vendaval"(in english: something like Typhoon)

Please X3

trugamer
October 22nd, 2008, 22:31
I've started economics and what you don't realise is that credit is everything.

It may sound weird but 90% of money in circulation is credit, basically how this happens is some bright spark figured out you only need 10% of the money to fund loans and support people's everyday needs, so for every £/$/€/¥ they could lend out 10 times that and not get into trouble.

And now its really easy to see how a great big credit crisis comes along. Banks just got too greedy.

October 22nd, 2008, 23:27
Trugamer you are a "funny" man dude!(in Brazil: fanfarrão) I Know about finances, read what I wrote again about the usa above. And in fact I agree with you when you said that this is an speculation crisis(I know little about stock exchanges)
but, everything started in "american democratic adventures".
This is an speculation crisis.All people who know what is a newspaper know that from a long time.Was an
unnecessary explanation.

Summarizing is caused because the crash of real estate, that caused a big panic about investments.

And now that was my unnecessary explanation

Besides I thank you for playing at this point, you showed that not all got into amerincan idiots

dark heart
October 23rd, 2008, 07:19
Wow, so many angry pirates here. I can't say I pirate stuff anymore, my network traffic is constantly monitored. What I can say is this, boo hoo. Not at Microsoft, but at the babies crying here. If you don't want to be on the prosecution list, don't get caught. If you want to be uncatchable, don't pirate.

why not put yourself in the shoes of a 'pirate'? sure some are middle/upper middle who just want to play games and watch movies. but what about those who need to learn how to use things like photoshop and 3ds max, but can't afford the few hundred dollars that the beggars make you pay, when all you are doing is practicing skills. and what about these stock photos? who wants to pay 50 dollars a month to access photos that simply go toward this process? don't we have enough bills already? there are simply times when you need to do this to get on in life, and to get into a job when your older without going broke.

nomi
October 24th, 2008, 01:04
ok, all mac has done is win it's share of mac users merely through amazing marketing and an os that i dont think compares to vista. Vista has just been bogged down by the users, even though i think its an amazing os. sure it has its issues, but doesnt the mac as well? Mac users are so inclined to using mac that they don't like to check other os's out... I don't know but i think microsoft has done a phenominal job in vista. Don't complain about hardware issues please, as the hardware for vista would cost much less than hardware for mac.

and now to be on topic.... anit piracy day..... wow didnt see that one coming!