PDA

View Full Version : FBA lbicelyne 21/10/08 Release

wraggster
October 21st, 2008, 20:05
lbicelyne has released a new build of the Final Burn Arcade Emulator for the PSP, this emulator supports CPS 1, 2 and 3 and NeoGeo MVS Games and comes in 3 versions, Cant say whats new but try and let us know.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

slaanesh
October 21st, 2008, 23:58
My Fat PSP 390-M33-3 still locks up after exiting the game. I've installed it in the /PSP/GAME directory. I also have 1.50 installed.
Does anyone know which forums the dev of FBA visits so we can submit bug reports?

Ah. Okay, well if I change my homebrew firmware option in the recovery menu from 1.50 to 3.90 it now works with FBA installed in /PSP/GAME.

luminouslight
October 22nd, 2008, 02:05
Any reason why this in the DS news forum?

turnerl
October 22nd, 2008, 02:34
Any reason why this in the DS news forum?

LOL

masterelite9
October 22nd, 2008, 03:53
LOL!:rofl:

Damn! You had my hopes up for CPS3 on DS! Be careful about where you place these articles.

Needs to be moved.:p

Eviltaco64
October 22nd, 2008, 04:16
Moved to the PSP News Forum.

brandonheat8
October 22nd, 2008, 05:48
it crashes when i do anything and i mean anything!!! what roms does this play because it looks like it only plays the "crash my psp" roms arrgh!! sorry for that outburst but i need some answers.

walliester
October 22nd, 2008, 05:57
bro some roms are cool and some are bad dumps so just try and look for some good ones, i mean i try it once or delete it that's how i do it .lol and trust me you will find them is just hard to find..some time it crashes on me but is cool ,keep on trying.......

Art
October 22nd, 2008, 10:46
I only use this for one fairly old game that doesn't work on the other PSP MAME ports,
but have noticed a bot of slowdown.. the analogue stick makes it worth the update though.
Needless to say, I got my highest score first go.

strikingeuphony
October 22nd, 2008, 14:41
Has anybody gotten Rastan to work? No matter how many different dumps I try, it starts with no sound and freezes once you start the game. Please help me if it works for you! :D

repuken2
October 22nd, 2008, 16:38
nope, rastan doesn't work for me either. Anyway mame4all runs it quite well and also there's a Taito Arcade Classics Compilation wich has it running flawlessly and new zealand story too.

Baboon
October 22nd, 2008, 18:41
I'm just happy that the guy behind this is supporting phat psp's by releasing builds (now also for CPS3) that work! :)

This is all shapping up very nicley!

paladinja
October 22nd, 2008, 22:55
Hey Baboon (or anyone else at least partially as wise & well informed as Baboon), I think I'm going to hop on this train and try out the whomp-arse cave shooters you were mentioning. I had been waiting for a "definitive" update to this (you know why), but they just keep rapid firing them off at the sub-decimal level, so I suppose now is as good a time as any to buckle-up and test drive it. I'm just confused by the "CPS3DEMO_2_Fat" version: Is that not-really-functional-CPS3 only? Do I add both that and the other fat version together? If someone could clarify, I'd really appreciate it.
Also, does this run CPS 3 AT ALL on phat? because I swear to god I will reformat a memory stick to play 3 FPS Warzard in a damn heartbeat... IN A HEARTBEAT I SAY!!!

Almost forgot, (assuming I can run CPS3 @ even 1 frame a minute) do No-CD ROMS (ie: redeartn.zip) need to be run thru some kind of cache extraction process ah-la NJ's action? Thanks again.

paladinja
October 23rd, 2008, 00:06
My Fat PSP 390-M33-3 still locks up after exiting the game. I've installed it in the /PSP/GAME directory. I also have 1.50 installed.
Does anyone know which forums the dev of FBA visits so we can submit bug reports?

Ah. Okay, well if I change my homebrew firmware option in the recovery menu from 1.50 to 3.90 it now works with FBA installed in /PSP/GAME.

Ah frikinfrak, these aren't working for me at all; corrupt data icons in XMB regardless of where they're placed (yes I tried what the above gentleman mentioned). I'm only on 3.80 M33-5... is that the problem? Any suggestions on what's the best CFW to come up to?

Zombo
October 23rd, 2008, 02:23
I too would like to know if you could play CPS3 on the phat! I highly doubt it but it would be nice if someone could confirm it!

BY GAWD!
It does indeed run on my phat!
Even if it slow you'll still be amazed! O_o

paladinja
October 23rd, 2008, 03:12
Oh what the fuu what the FUUU!!! What cfw are you on man?!? I only get "corrupt data" icons on my 3.8etc cfw. Ugh, how am I supposed to sleep knowing I could be playing cripple-slow-Jojos!!! FrikinFLARG!

strikingeuphony
October 23rd, 2008, 03:54
nope, rastan doesn't work for me either. Anyway mame4all runs it quite well and also there's a Taito Arcade Classics Compilation wich has it running flawlessly and new zealand story too.

I appreciate the help, but the Taito Legends version is cropped all around and I don't want the whole collection, Mame4all runs it but the sound is off(I've got a fat psp). That's why I want it to run in this emulator. It might be the mame version of the rom dump, the same thing happened with Solomons Key until I got the right dump of it.

repuken2
October 23rd, 2008, 04:48
i tried all available rastan versions, none works yet, it must have to do with emulation problems. So far taito classics is the only way to play rastan and other games perfectly.

siulmagic
October 23rd, 2008, 05:35
iv tried sf3 new generation the asian rom on my phat and it works slow,no sound and a few graphic glitches but aside fomr that its playable with like 5-6 frame skiping btw im running cfw 5.00 no 1.50 kernel addon im lazy lol