PDA

View Full Version : NYC politico demands Sony pay $20k for PSP ads

wraggster
January 10th, 2006, 18:26
Seems Sony have really stirred it up with their Odd ad program, as someone who has graffiti problems at work i find it annoying too, heres the article at Gamestop (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6142112.html)

When a series of bizarre graffiti pieces incorporating drawings of the PSP began showing up in cities across the country, most gamers immediately smelled a(nother) viral marketing campaign. Those suspicions were confirmed a few weeks ago, when television ads featuring similar art began running. Just before New Year's Eve, Sony admitted to the BBC that it had hired graffiti artists in seven cities to paint the art on legally licensed walls in an effort to target "urban nomads."

However, the fact Sony went by the book isn't good enough for a New York City official. Queens Councilman Peter Vallone Jr. told the New York Post that he wants Sony to take down the ads and pay $20,000 to the city's anti-graffiti program. "Children are impressionable, and if they see a wall with graffiti on it and they don't know that it's done with permission, it could very well lead to them believing that it's OK for them to do it," said Vallone. Sony defended its use of the space, saying it was merely a "different" approach to advertising.

The flap over the PSP ads isn't the first time games and anti-graffiti activists have locked horns. Last August, the organizations Keep America Beautiful and the National Council to Prevent Delinquency lambasted Atari for publishing Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure, claiming the game would spark an increase in graffiti.

zackforbing
January 10th, 2006, 20:18
on one hand, I hate sony for cheapening graf, and on the other I hate KAB for their ignorance about the artistry of graf. I hope they tear each other apart.

RedKing14CA
January 10th, 2006, 23:58
If they paid for this to be done, and had permission, and did it "by the book" then if you dont like it, **** you!

They did it with permission!!!

those corperate assholes taking away peoples freedom (making it so you cant paint on building without permission [the name is graffiti] is one thing, but making it so you cant without permission, is taking away our freedom) say that a kid will see them done with permission, but not know they were done with permission, and think that he can do it to...

ok, so a kid sees a guy drive a car with permission (a friggan "liscence") so doesnt that mean he can too?.

A teenager sees some old person, or some normal person, on the street lighting up a joint with permission (medical marajuana liscence) doesnt that mean he can too?

A kid sees a beer commercial where a guy takes a beer from under a rattlesnake.. doesnt that mean he can too?

Do you see my examples??? Sony doesn't have to pay them $20k because they "demand" it... they have no place to demand it! if they did, then yeah sony, i want 20k too!

This is the exact kind of thing that puts more unneeded, unconstitutional laws on us.. all in this system of a down...

lilvietquoc
January 11th, 2006, 00:18
yes i agree with u REDKING
this is bull****
and the officials just wanna do something cuz thery're bored
and sony has already lost money with all the homebrew going on
but im not dissin homebrews(they great!)
but it is SO unfair that they have to pay 20g's

MadMonkee
January 11th, 2006, 05:46
Bah let the ****ers pay.. as if they will get any poor. 20,000 for Sony is like 1 dollar for me.

J sims
January 11th, 2006, 08:51
The reason why I am angry is the principle of the whole thing. Is it me or does ever one here in America uses the same bull**** excuse "What about the influence on our children".People seem to want the government to replace good parenting skills. That is why our kids are getting dumber each year. Parents seem to not have the time to actually raise their kids and wonder why they have no immunity against so called influence.

pepegomez
January 11th, 2006, 13:31
did u ever thought about thos eppl who own the buildings?
they dont like it. thats why they have something against that.
its still their oppinion, if u want to get respect respect those who dont like it.
hope u understood

RedKing14CA
January 11th, 2006, 15:59
Sony got permission, i would beleive that means they paid the people with the buildings to give them permission.. and im sure they got permission, or had some deal to show the buildings in the commercial..

pepegomez
January 11th, 2006, 19:05
well, why so much trouble about that? is it illegal to paint building with permissions?