PDA

View Full Version : Edge takes closer look at GTA: Chinatown Wars

wraggster
October 22nd, 2008, 16:41
Despite their early doubts, the staff of Edge has, and we don't think we're exaggerating here, fallen head over Perseus shoes in love with Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars. You can find out exactly what the diminutive new object of their affections has to offer in this recently released, extensive preview.

For our part, we're most intrigued by the minigames, which include using the stylus to hot wire a car, even fill molotov cocktail bottles at the gas station. Our protip to Rockstar: Avoid the compulsion to add a stylus-based sex minigame. Just ... trust us on this one, OK?

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/22/edge-takes-closer-look-at-gta-chinatown-wars/

paul3100
October 22nd, 2008, 17:21
Looks ok actually but i wish the control system was by dpad and not that damned touch screen!

When i play gta games i like to free roam mostly and do it all whilst sitting back not messing with touch screen controlls but hey you never know it may be ok.

Please correct me if i am wrong and you have the option of control type as i didn't read the 4 page article.

paul

BastarB
October 22nd, 2008, 22:16
Hey, paul3100, from what I have heard, you play the new GTA with the buttons mostly. The touchscreen is used for the minigames, like stealing a car for example.

Check this youtube clip about Chinatown wars:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9MWKo-v4nM

Have a nice day^^

policrat
October 25th, 2008, 02:36
Finally, we are finally able to sit back into the generously proportioned sofa and enjoy what Chinatown Wars is, rather than worrying about what it isn’t. Had we thought it through properly – the way Rockstar has, in other words – perhaps we too would have settled on a graphical presentation that takes a three-quarter view of Liberty City not entirely dissimilar to that of certain classics from yesteryear. Think Syndicate Wars, throw in a bolder colour palette and a more finely meticulous regard for detail, then ramp up the animation, and you’re getting there.

Ok, this actually sounds decent and pretty much what I hoped for.