PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars Won't Be "Family Friendly"

wraggster
October 22nd, 2008, 21:15
That's according to Rockstar Games founder Dan Houser who tells Edge that Nintendo "didn’t want us to make a GTA for kids, and we weren’t interested in making a game we wouldn’t normally make." Houser describes Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for the Nintendo DS as "almost like a GTA version of a classic arcade game." Go on...

"I mean, GTA is about stealing cars and shooting people – how could it not be an 18 rating?" he adds. The DS game's flamethrower and, more importantly, the drug dealing mini-games (pictured), will certainly garner some attention from those concerned that a cel-shaded crime spree will corrupt our global youth.

Chinatown Wars may not have been what you were expecting, what with its tattooing touchscreen challenges and carjacking mini-games, but it certainly looks interesting. And, if we can be so bold, pretty good for a 3D Nintendo DS release. Whether it will find enough of an audience for more stylus controlled massacres, given its mature bent, we look forward to figuring out.

http://kotaku.com/5066761/grand-theft-auto-chinatown-wars-wont-be-family-friendly

jaybud4
October 23rd, 2008, 00:11
Hurr. Who honestly thought it WOULD be family friendly?
Not me.

davidcrew
October 23rd, 2008, 00:25
Yeah, I can't tell Barney and Teletubbies apart from Grand Theft Auto.

(Even though Teletubbies still screws up your kid worse than any violence could ever do)

kcajblue
October 23rd, 2008, 09:45
why would you ever want to make a gta game family friendly?
lol.

it doesnt seem right at all if that were to happen.