PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash Bros. DS News

wraggster
October 22nd, 2008, 22:53
Gemesis posted a news update to his Smash Bros game for DS:

Ok, i finally got the chance to come here and give an update:

first off, i did not help them with their demo. I have however been working on mine. not as much, but i have been working on it. the main issue i am having is the fact that it has suddenly stopped working on my max media dock. its weird, because this started as soon as i started to use 64X64 sprites. i am looking at other stuff just to be sure. any info on this would be helpful though, because i will most likely release a demo then. here is what is going on with it:

-no compiling errors
-works fine in emulator
-does not even start up on mmd (screen freezes)
-BUGGING ME 2 DEATH

other than this minor setback, it looks great! thanks to Brawl69 and Cheesecake i have a total of 10 characters!!! 14 levels!!!!!!! and tons to do. only pikachu, shadow, knuckles, and samus don't have anything to fight, and there a very few attacks. but other than that, the game looks really good. i do have menu music as well. i plan to add in more attacks after the demo, that way everyone can try it out first. also, i might release the demo and then work on some other things. turns out that for one of my classes they will allow me to do a game for extra credit, so i figured i do it to help me learn more, and to boost up my grades. anyways, if i can figure out this bug, i plan on doing another youtube video, and than releasing the demo soon after. so yeah, all help is appreciated.

on the side note:
i figured out how to get palib working 99.99999999999999999999999% on Microsoft Visual Studio 2008! the only that doesn't work is the including of .h files. however, it's very easy to get around that. plus i did it on Windows Vista! so if anyone needs help with that then feel free to ask.

http://forum.palib.info/index.php?topic=4559.2040

Lastron
October 23rd, 2008, 15:35
He tstole our source and couldnt even be bothered too spell our names right. -_-

http://z4.invisionfree.com/SSB_Rumble/index.php?showtopic=2155&st=15&#last