PDA

View Full Version : Dark Alex releases new custom firmware 5.00 M33-2

wraggster
October 22nd, 2008, 23:30
New update of the Custom Firmware from Dark ALex (http://www.dark-alex.org/)

Changes:

- Popcorn bug fixes

* Fixed bug that caused some games with certain icons not to work, and caused document.dat not to work.

* Fixed critical bug that caused continous corruption of psx games in RAM.

- Core bugfix: Fixed sctrlKernelSetInit* functions not working.

- M33 network update doesn't work in 5.00 M33, fixed.

- Added the posibility of loading version information from the file flash0:/vsh/etc/version.txt

By default is disabled. If you enable it in recovery, you could for example dump 5.01 firmware,
copy the version.txt from it to the flash, and bypass firmware check restrictions like those that
may be in psn, etc.
This will also fake official network update (not m33 one), and running the update eboot (again, not m33 ones).

- Plugins configuration file format changed.

The new format is as follows:

* There is no more conf.bin file.
* Now each line in vsh.txt game.txt and pops.txt will have a 0 or a 1 at the end. 1 indicates
that the plugin will be loaded, 0 (or anything else) that it won't be loaded.

Entering in recovery in 5.00 M33-2 wil automatically convert the old format configuration
to the new one (this may cause a delay first time you enter in plugins because of conversion).

- Added optins under advanced configuration that allow enable/disable of plugins in a certain configuration.
By default they are enabled.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Shrygue
October 22nd, 2008, 23:40
Whoa, that's a blazing quick update from the last one, keep up the great work Dark_Alex!

devdj
October 23rd, 2008, 00:08
finally a bug fix now i defo have to update thanks again DAX

Zack
October 23rd, 2008, 00:30
Awesome, Thanks Dark_Alex :)

Edit : First of all, the pops bug fixes are sweet. Final Fantasy 7 has never played so good, both sound effects are perfect (from what I can tell) and the wierd green screen glitches (from 5.0m33) are gone :)

Maybe a few other people could test some other PS1 games? Maybe we won't need popsloader as much or at all if these fixes are global.

jamotto
October 23rd, 2008, 02:16
If the pops is not fixed then you can always use the new popsloader anyways. :)

TheRisingExodus
October 23rd, 2008, 03:57
um updated an now I have to muted icon on my psp an can't get sound to work >.<

Buddy4point0
October 23rd, 2008, 04:21
I just updated.
Pops is definitely better than ever.

I was really hoping for the 5.01 memory stick fix to be in this update but I guess I'll just try and use the new prx myself and see what happens.

Anyone know what the kernal bugfix changed?

um updated an now I have to muted icon on my psp an can't get sound to work >.<

Maybe you just acidentally muted your psp?

TheRisingExodus
October 23rd, 2008, 04:24
no I didn't infact hitting the sound button or hitting the volume keys don't work or do anything >.<

Veskgar
October 23rd, 2008, 05:50
Excellent update. Installed it on my Slim as well as the new POPS and I'm loving it all.

No issues so far and everything works great.

TheRisingExodus
October 23rd, 2008, 06:35
Ok I got it finally to work after downgrading to 4.01m33-2 then to 5.00m33-2 an I finally can run armored core project phantasm on the pops only problem is now that I can't seam to get the version faker to work anymore an can't log onto psn to activate anything agains ;-;

aznphoboi
October 23rd, 2008, 16:58
Can anyone tell me how to upgrade to 5.00 m33 custom firmware from 2.01 factory firmware on my psp phat?

I have a 8 gb memory stick. Is there anyway to do this w/out the use of pandora battery?

andwhyisit
October 24th, 2008, 01:48
Can anyone tell me how to upgrade to 5.00 m33 custom firmware from 2.01 factory firmware on my psp phat?

I have a 8 gb memory stick. Is there anyway to do this w/out the use of pandora battery?
Upgrade to 2.80 and then use this:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49355

Follow the instructions carefully to downgrade to 1.50.

Now start upgrading to custom firmware (following the instructions carefully as well).

aznphoboi
October 24th, 2008, 05:57
Upgrade to 2.80 and then use this:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49355

Follow the instructions carefully to downgrade to 1.50.

Now start upgrading to custom firmware (following the instructions carefully as well).

Thank you for the tips. I'll give that a try once my psp is charged fully. Can you also tell me how I can upgrade cfw all the way to 5.00 m33?