PDA

View Full Version : 5.00 M33 Update 3 Released

Safari Al
October 23rd, 2008, 12:57
Dark Alex (http://www.dark-alex.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=1893) has released the newest update to his 5.00 M33 Custom Firmware. Here are the details

A quick fix for the big bug introduced in M33-2...

Changes:

- A bug was introduced in 5.00 M33-2 that made some games and homebrew not to work.
- PSN version check is now automatically bypassed without need of touching any setting.

Download and give feedback via comments

Zack
October 23rd, 2008, 14:18
Woah the updates are coming thick and fast :)

Thanks again Dark_Alex :D

jxx2005
October 23rd, 2008, 15:02
this update was just a bugfix
nothing to really get excited about

i'm not even on 5.00m33 yet *le gasp*

Apoklepz
October 23rd, 2008, 15:27
It's good to see Dark Alex still duking it out with the latest firmwares. I'm planning on updating, since it's been a while...I'm still on 3.8something M33 and i hadn't updated cuz everything pretty much works...but now I would really like to check out that new Pops and see if hopefully Final Fantasy 8 and Chrono Trigger play all the way through.

Anyways, I have a question about 5.00 M33.

Where's the 1.50 love? I haven't seen a kernel patch, or maybe it doesn't require it. Most of my better homebrew is still 1.50 and I'm really not planning on configuring ALL that jazz again, so any light on this would really help.

Thanks again DA!

Zack
October 23rd, 2008, 17:00
It's good to see Dark Alex still duking it out with the latest firmwares. I'm planning on updating, since it's been a while...I'm still on 3.8something M33 and i hadn't updated cuz everything pretty much works...but now I would really like to check out that new Pops and see if hopefully Final Fantasy 8 and Chrono Trigger play all the way through.

Anyways, I have a question about 5.00 M33.

Where's the 1.50 love? I haven't seen a kernel patch, or maybe it doesn't require it. Most of my better homebrew is still 1.50 and I'm really not planning on configuring ALL that jazz again, so any light on this would really help.

Thanks again DA!

He released the 1.50 add-on for 5.0M33 a few days ago. If you have a phat you can use it :)

$bro$
October 23rd, 2008, 17:01
There is a 1.5 kernal for 5.0m33 head over to darkalex.org

Apoklepz
October 23rd, 2008, 17:19
Ok, thanks fellas.

Dembonz
October 24th, 2008, 01:27
For those of you who still can't access the PlayStation Store with this update, you need to turn off "Use M33 Network Update" in recovery.
Just found that out myself so I thought I'd pass it along.

Veskgar
October 24th, 2008, 03:58
this update was just a bugfix
nothing to really get excited about

i'm not even on 5.00m33 yet *le gasp*

I get excited about EVERY update from Dark_AleX. They have all been improvements. He's never released an update that took us in a step backwards.... unlike *cough* SONY.

5.00 M33-3 kicks a$$!

neootaku
October 24th, 2008, 18:48
Slight problem for me. I bought WTF (Work Time Fun) off the PSN and now the game will not boot since the new update. It crashes on start up with the error:

The game could not be started.
(80010013)

Does anyone else have any UMD legacy games that crash as well or is it just this title?

Edit: I am going to attempt to re-download the title to see if that makes any difference. I'll post when it's done.

NeoOtaku

Edit: Nope crash again, same error. ; ;

NeoOtaku

Buddy4point0
October 24th, 2008, 20:20
Slight problem for me. I bought WTF (Work Time Fun) off the PSN and now the game will not boot since the new update. It crashes on start up with the error:

Does anyone else have any UMD legacy games that crash as well or is it just this title?

Edit: I am going to attempt to re-download the title to see if that makes any difference. I'll post when it's done.

NeoOtaku

NeoOtaku

Try changing your no-umd mode.
If that doesn't work then use the fake 5.01 thing introduced in this firmware update.

bish
October 24th, 2008, 21:57
3.71fatms_patch for 5.00M33-3 released at D_As site now. i can't post news but just wanted to let someone know!!

jackschmaltz
October 25th, 2008, 18:55
Does anyone else have a problem with getting game150.txt plugins to show up in recovery?

apart from that, great release

deathspal
October 29th, 2008, 01:03

NeoOtaku

NeoOtaku

I'm getting the same error from the batman demo....

-DeathsPal

deathspal
October 29th, 2008, 01:15
gotta love google...

c/p
Recovery menu...
Advanced...
Advanced configuration...
GAME plugins -> change this to disabled.

temporary work around for psn games

-DeathsPal

toady
October 30th, 2008, 15:23
So can someone explain where can i dl the sony's "500.pbp" from?

My fw version is 4.01 there wont be any prob if i directly upgrade to 5.00 M33-3 right?

October 31st, 2008, 15:06
offer you something special:
Link removed

jxx2005
October 31st, 2008, 20:04
So can someone explain where can i dl the sony's "500.pbp" from?

My fw version is 4.01 there wont be any prob if i directly upgrade to 5.00 M33-3 right?

dark alex's website
just google it, i dont know the URL

SoreEyes
November 1st, 2008, 20:39
I'm a newbie (player, I mean. In reality I'm too old to play, or so my wife claims). So please bear with me for my ignorance. I have one of the "fat" PSPs and I have upgraded it up until 4.01. I would like to install the 5.00 m33 on it and try homebrew games and apps. I have followed the instructions on the release: place the sony 5.00 update as 500.PBP and the EBOOT.PBP (5.00m33) on the \psp\game\update folder and run. The problem is that the 500.PBP files appears to be corrupted always. Any idea what is it that I'm missing? Thanks for your time and patience with and old guy trying to play young.

switch_34
November 3rd, 2008, 04:22
I'm a newbie (player, I mean. In reality I'm too old to play, or so my wife claims). So please bear with me for my ignorance. I have one of the "fat" PSPs and I have upgraded it up until 4.01. I would like to install the 5.00 m33 on it and try homebrew games and apps. I have followed the instructions on the release: place the sony 5.00 update as 500.PBP and the EBOOT.PBP (5.00m33) on the \psp\game\update folder and run. The problem is that the 500.PBP files appears to be corrupted always. Any idea what is it that I'm missing? Thanks for your time and patience with and old guy trying to play young.

Your problem is your firmware, you've taken all the right steps, however you cannot upgrade to any custom firmware using an Official Sony Firware release. I suggest looking into downgrading to version 1.50(using pandora's battery if you have a friend with a PSP or a spare battery) then upgrading to custom firmware in increments, I.E 2.00 OE - 3.52m33-3 - 5.00m33-3.

You need at least version 3.52m33-3 or higher to be able to upgrade to 5.00m33

daniel15-15
December 20th, 2008, 19:49
Well I'm In The Same Problem!!!!!!!!!!