PDA

View Full Version : Console Street Fighter IV due "this winter"

Shrygue
October 23rd, 2008, 19:46
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=200040)

The hotly anticipated Street Fighter IV will release on consoles and PC "this winter", the game's producer Yoshi Ono has confirmed.

However, this winter could still mean early 2009, and Ono was referring to the game's US release.

"There is no official North American arcade release, so we kind of feel bad that you guys have to wait for it," Ono told X-Play.

"We don't want to start rumours that it's this year, but definitely this winter. At some point you'll be sitting in you winter coat looking at snow out the window...and right then we'll kind of heat you up a little with some hot Street Fighter action so look forward to that."

Can't wait. Check out our Street Fighter IV game page here.

paladinja
October 23rd, 2008, 21:47
I don't know that there's a better 4-word phrase possible in English than, "hot street fighter action".... beautiful.

Eviltaco64
October 23rd, 2008, 21:59
I'm looking forward to both Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter II' Turbo: HD Remix :)

Baboon
October 23rd, 2008, 22:16
I'm looking forward to both Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter II' Turbo: HD Remix :)

...and Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and the xbox live version of Marvel Vs Capcom 2. :thumbup:

Eviltaco64
October 23rd, 2008, 22:20
...and Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and the xbox live version of Marvel Vs Capcom 2. :thumbup:

I would've said the PSN/XBLA version of Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 if it was actually confirmed by Capcom. Imagine online play... finally (and not for the Japanese Dreamcast in 2000)!

Baboon
October 23rd, 2008, 22:33
I would've said the PSN/XBLA version of Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 if it was actually confirmed by Capcom. Imagine online play... finally (and not for the Japanese Dreamcast in 2000)!

Sven from Capcom unity refuses to confirm or DENY it though and has said he can't comment on the 'rumours'.

There has also been a recent ps2 compilation in japan released containing sf3 and mvc2 - which again indicates that capcom have got the marvel license seeing as they have started to sell the marvel brand again. Mods & admin on capcom-unity have also said that 'if' mvc3 does happen then it would most likely use the Tatsunoko vs Capcom game engine.

...theres loads more interstng talk on the site to make marvel/capcom fans very optimistic though of mvc2 coming to live/psn. :)

After all the same old boring waves of fps I'm looking forward to the next gen fighting game revival! :D

Eviltaco64
October 23rd, 2008, 22:39
If they got the license again, I would be so happy. Capcom did wonderful things with the Marvel franchise while EA as usual made some generic 3D platformers that got mediocre scores.

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3? That'd be remarkable. MvC2 was nearly-perfect already. ;)

EDIT: I want that compilation. Those two games are probably my most favorite Street Fighter-related games.

fpcreator2000
October 23rd, 2008, 22:41
Sven from Capcom unity refuses to confirm or DENY it though and has said he can't comment on the 'rumours'.

There has also been a recent ps2 compilation in japan released containing sf3 and mvc2 - which again indicates that capcom have got the marvel license seeing as they have started to sell the marvel brand again. Mods & admin on capcom-unity have also said that 'if' mvc3 does happen then it would most likely use the Tatsunoko vs Capcom game engine.

...theres loads more interstng talk on the site to make marvel/capcom fans very optimistic though of mvc2 coming to live/psn. :)

After all the same old boring waves of fps I'm looking forward to the next gen fighting game revival! :D

The license is so that marvel can create new product under the marvel flag, but I don't think it stops Capcom from rereleasing old games at all because the game is Capcom's and as long as Capcom is paying the royalties to Marvel, Capcom can rerelease their old games (not rehash as that would make it into a new game, which they would need a license to release).

alanparker05
October 24th, 2008, 01:03
Nearly 2 decades and street fighter has barely changed... But i don't care, Street Fighter 2 was perfect first time round and i just can't get enough