PDA

View Full Version : See the Nintendo DSi in action

wraggster
October 24th, 2008, 00:50
With the handheld's Nov. 1 release just around the bend in Japan, Nintendo has released a new "informational video" showing off the user interface, camera functionality, and DSi store for the Nintendo DSi. As expected, there's a lot of wacky face-stretching and bestickering of cute photos to be found, along with some hah-larious pitch modulation of recorded voice clips. You know, like the voice changers you've tried on XBL and PSN for all of two minutes.

The DSi store and the DSi's revamped UI are unquestionably the most interesting aspects of the short video. We're still interested to see if the DSi allows for things such as changing game cards and system settings without having to reboot the unit. That'd be so ... 2008. (2009 if you live in the US.)

http://www.youtube.com/v/qdv7NuR6f9g

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/23/see-the-nintendo-dsi-in-action/

davidcrew
October 24th, 2008, 07:06
The gui looks like it's been overhauled which is nice, and it does seem to have some slick editing tools for some fun times similar to the macbook's photobooth which is cool. But a reduced battery life? eh...

iofthestorm
October 24th, 2008, 07:55
Well, unless they horribly fudged the video that looked like some pretty responsive image editing, so I'm guessing the processors might have gotten a slight bump at the least. Heck, the current DS can barely play video and this one's doing face tracking in real time, that seems highly unlikely without a processor upgrade, and I doubt they would advertise something so fake if they couldn't deliver it.

spinal_cord
October 24th, 2008, 09:29
Heck, the current DS can barely play video and this one's doing face tracking in real time, that seems highly unlikely without a processor upgrade, and I doubt they would advertise something so fake if they couldn't deliver it.

Doesn't that face training game with the camera attachment have real time face tracking? that is on a normal ds.