PDA

View Full Version : Sony expects PSP sales to exceed fiscal year forecast

wraggster
October 24th, 2008, 00:53
It's not all doom and gloom in the Sony financial camp, as the manufacturer has announced (via Reuters) that PlayStation Portable sales for the fiscal year, ending March 2009, would exceed forecast figures. The PSP, which recently saw its second revision find success in Japan despite a screen scanline issue feature, is now expected to sell 16 million -- and not a previously expected 15 million -- units within the complete fiscal year. Thanks, one million additional, potential buyers!

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/23/sony-expects-psp-sales-to-exceed-fiscal-year-forecast/

Veskgar
October 24th, 2008, 01:56
Well, that is great news overall for the PSP. But this far into the PSP's lifespan for there to be issues like the scan line screen fiasco is unacceptable to me.

Some are saying its really not that big of a deal. But I remember when the first PSP's came out and many had POPPED PIXELS. Sony brushed that off as well. Giving some BS story about how that is just part of the manufacturing process of LCD's and normal.

Oh, and my PS3 that I just got in January completely died due to a power failure. Luckily it was still under warranty and SONY shipped me a new one. But I lost EVERYTHING that was on the hard drive. All my game saves, etc.

I'm so sick of SONY products dying or having problems.

I've never had a Nintendo system break or come with hardware issues that they refused to acknowledge. Never seen a DS with popped pixels.

I'm no fanboy. In fact, I don't even have a Wii yet and I haven't even opened my limited edition Zelda DS Lite because the PSP keeps me so busy. I'm just saying, Nintendo seems to make higher quality and longer lasting systems.

jamotto
October 24th, 2008, 07:54
All console makers have had problems with their hardware.

Nintendo had problems with the NES, SNES, Gamecube and the DS.

dangee
October 24th, 2008, 08:11
2 years on, my phat's still going strong after almost continuous use
(replaced screen & battery)
Its easily the best value tech I ever owned.
Its likely that a good number of the total 60M (?) PSPs
sold so far will be around for a while yet, hungry for software.

Joe88
October 25th, 2008, 02:42
^same
except I havnt replaced anything on my phat yet
it could probably use one of those new batteries though
it doesnt last as long as it used too...

jamotto
October 25th, 2008, 03:31
it could probably use one of those new batteries though
it doesnt last as long as it used too...

Same here, shame that it looks like Sony no longer makes batteries for the phat. Hopefully I can find a decent 3rd party battery.

Joe88
October 25th, 2008, 03:49
I think I saw amazon carries the extended batteries
but I cant tell if they are real or fake

jamotto
October 25th, 2008, 04:33
In the "amazon marketplace" you can find them, but your more likely to win the lotto than get a non fake battery. The other thing you have to worry about is how old is the battery? The life span of a Lithium Ion battery is around three years give or take even if you don't use it at all.

I'll probably end up trying out a datel battery, unless Sony starts releasing psp 1000 compatible batteries again.