PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation Tops, Bottoms Weekly Japanese Sales Charts

wraggster
October 24th, 2008, 02:57
After taking a breather from consuming video game hardware last week, Japanese gamers return to the electronics stores of their choosing, snapping up almost 160,000 new PSPs. That's substantially more than Famitsu estimated. The PSP-3000 model took Japan by storm, outselling every other platform combined. And multiplied by two.

As good as Sony's fortunes were on the PSP front, PlayStation 3 sales continued to drop. Weekly PS3 sales sink to a Media Create chart all-time low, with less than 5,000 units sold. It's the only hardware platform to drop in sales this week, possibly due to the soon to be released 80 GB model, which arrives alongside a pair of LittleBigPlanet and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Spec III bundles.

• PSP - 159,816
• Nintendo DS - 29,839
• Wii - 26,024
• Xbox 360 - 7,856
• PlayStation 2 - 7,261
• PlayStation 3 - 4,725

http://kotaku.com/5068081/playstation-tops-bottoms-weekly-japanese-sales-charts

Eviltaco64
October 24th, 2008, 02:59
Oh, wow.
PSP did great this week!

Veskgar
October 24th, 2008, 03:54
And I believe the PSP sold that many in just 4 days while the other figures represent 7 days of sales. Or maybe that was the week before.

Too bad for the cheap new screen or else I'd be buying one of these for me and a couple for gifts.

Even mainstream media is taking notice of the new PSP's poor screen. If you go to psp.ign.com they review the PSP-3000 and actually say that people should probably look for a PSP-2000 instead.

SONY needs to address this. Its in their best interest.

If you are in the market for a PSP, we recommend trying to find a PSP-2000 over buying the PSP-3000. The newest version definitely has some commendable traits, but ultimately it's screen just doesn't satisfy.

mike_jmg
October 24th, 2008, 06:31
huge sales due to the new hardware revision

Screen is not really convincing, but as I said before, I've never noticed the so called "ghosting" on my slim, I think I wouldn't mind the scanlines but I don't know for sure.

What I really like is that the silver one has no glossy finish, having fingerprints all over my psp is really annoying. That's the main upgrade I think is worth it, but only til it can have homebrew.

davidcrew
October 24th, 2008, 07:07
Wow, dominated. I think I may actually pick this up, it looks pretty nice.