PDA

View Full Version : PSP wont boot UMD or EBOOT...

zeritooverride
October 24th, 2008, 14:55
Yesterday I got a PSP Fat from a friend that was upgraded to 4.01 m33-2 using DC7, but now it wont boot games or homebrew at all, it freezes on the white psp screen and then shuts off, also I wont read the UMD and he says it was working fine.

Is there a way to fix this or is it doomed?

Qmark
October 24th, 2008, 15:16
DDC it again.

zeritooverride
October 24th, 2008, 16:24
Already tried despertar del cementerio again, and again, and again, and it still does the same...

Wally
October 24th, 2008, 23:18
Reformat Flash1.

Wally

zeritooverride
October 25th, 2008, 04:45
I tried reformatting flash1, the unit crashed when trying to exit recovery, still not booting anything.

Wally
October 25th, 2008, 04:53
Sounds like the IDstorage has gone kaput.

Try this
1. Backup your nand
2. Open DC7 and navigate to NAND operations/IDstorage/create new idstorage.

Tell us if that works.

Wally

zeritooverride
October 25th, 2008, 14:57
Well that didnt work either, I think this PSP is just as good as a brick :( , anyway thanks for the help.

Buddy4point0
October 25th, 2008, 17:50
"Upgrade" to 1.5 using the recovery menu.
Then upgrade to 5.00 m33, and then 5.00 m33-3.
Backup your memory stick and format you memory stick and flash1.

Your PSP is far from bricked.

zeritooverride
October 26th, 2008, 02:25
"Upgrade" to 1.5 using the recovery menu.
Then upgrade to 5.00 m33, and then 5.00 m33-3.
Backup your memory stick and format you memory stick and flash1.

Your PSP is far from bricked.

Im losing all hope here, tried doing that, it just crashes at the recovery screen, doesnt move, doesnt do anything, only way to shut it down is taking the battery out.

Buddy4point0
October 26th, 2008, 02:01
Im losing all hope here, tried doing that, it just crashes at the recovery screen, doesnt move, doesnt do anything, only way to shut it down is taking the battery out.

Can you still activate flash0, flash1, flash2, and flash3 though the recovery menu?
If so I we can try and see if flashing my PSP's flash to yours will fix it. I'll happily upload it for you to save a fellow homebrewer. (it's 5.00 m33-3)

GibsonSGKing
October 26th, 2008, 02:50
have you tried remaking the mem stick your using for despertar cementario? cuz when i first did it the same thing happened, and when i remade the mem stick it worked. one of the update pbp's got corrupted or somethin stupid like that, cant quite remember...

zeritooverride
October 26th, 2008, 02:53
I can activate every flash on the recovery, but as I stated before the unit is on 4.01m33-2 I dont think the flash files from 5.00 m33-3 will work on it. I may have access to another unit by tomorrow and Im sure it is on 4.01 so I will try to flash those files and report back.

zeritooverride
October 26th, 2008, 02:56
have you tried remaking the mem stick your using for despertar cementario? cuz when i first did it the same thing happened, and when i remade the mem stick it worked. one of the update pbp's got corrupted or somethin stupid like that, cant quite remember...

Friend said the memory stick has been used on a few other units after this one and none has had a problem so I dont think it is the stick. I have another unit (slim) that has 5.00m33-2 can I use that one to make a DC7?

Buddy4point0
October 26th, 2008, 03:31
I can activate every flash on the recovery, but as I stated before the unit is on 4.01m33-2 I dont think the flash files from 5.00 m33-3 will work on it. I may have access to another unit by tomorrow and Im sure it is on 4.01 so I will try to flash those files and report back.

The flash is what the firmware is stored on.
If I gave you everything out of my flash, your PSP would be on 5.00 m33-3.

zeritooverride
October 26th, 2008, 03:44
The flash is what the firmware is stored on.
If I gave you everything out of my flash, your PSP would be on 5.00 m33-3.

I see, wouldnt a NAND dump do the same? If so can I use a dump from another unit on it?

Buddy4point0
October 26th, 2008, 22:48
I see, wouldnt a NAND dump do the same? If so can I use a dump from another unit on it?

If you use any part of someone else's flash, I would recommend using it all. You wouldn't want to mix incompatible flash files and cause further damage to your PSP.

Saracchini
October 26th, 2008, 22:59
Do not use flash file from anothers. They are encripted and sigchecked, so they will work only in the original PSP.

Flash a NAND backup of another person will be worse since the idstorage keys are unique for each PSP and tottaly different. With idstorage keys from another person you will probabily get a irrecoverable brick.

Your problem can be a NAND failure like happened with my old Phat PSP. It showed many problems with corruption of flash0 and 1, even after flashing OFW , CFW, restoring NAND,formatting and etc... if is hardware problem no software solution will solve it.

Better sollutions are send it to Sony (if is hardware problem they will replace the motherboard probabily) or buy a new one.

Wally
October 27th, 2008, 08:11
Try another memory stick too..

Fake memory sticks can do suspicious things.