PDA

View Full Version : Dark_AleX releases Fatmsmod patch for 5.00

Buddy4point0
October 24th, 2008, 22:17
Via HH (http://homebrewheaven.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6213)

PSP Coder Dark_AleX (http://dark-alex.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=1996) has just released an update for 5.00 m33.
Mainly noticeable in iso's, since firmware 3.80 loading speeds have decreased.
This update speeds up memory stick access by flashing a modified 3.71 ms patch.

Here's what Dark_AleX had to say:

Just a little update to the fatmsmod patch, it stopped working in 5.00 due to a sony file changing its name.

Instructions: decrypt 3.71 using psardumper (square option).
Copy the file fatmsmod.prx in the root of memory stick.

Copy FATMS371 to /PSP/GAME or /PSP/GAME5XX. Run the program and done.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Zack
October 24th, 2008, 22:59
Thanks for the news buddy :)

This is sweet, PSX games seem to be loading faster now (unless that was just me :p)

Veskgar
October 25th, 2008, 00:52
YES, YES, YES!!! For quite a while now playing my games as backed up compressed .CSO created quite a lot of slowdown and nasty lag.

I can't wait to try this out.

discombobulated
October 25th, 2008, 00:59
W00t! Thanks DA!

siulmagic
October 25th, 2008, 01:18
hmm dint work for star ocean new departure it still lags i guess if you dont wnat star ocean to lag run it decompressed

carlitx
October 25th, 2008, 01:25
woo, i love DAX!

Dembonz
October 25th, 2008, 17:39
DAX, thank you so very, very much :D

Edit: Just tried it out, games like Tekken and Metal Gear work and load much faster, but I'm having trouble with most of my cso backups.
Wipeout Pure and Pulse no longer work, they both feeze/crash the PSP.
Castlevania The Dracula X Chronicles doesn't load/crashes with M33 drivers. Loads with Sony's drivers but no sound/home doesn't work.
WTF works fine.
Ultimate Ghouls and Ghosts crashes.
Megaman Powered Up has no sound/home button with Sony's drivers, M33 drivers work but it crashes when trying to return to XMB/.

Nothing but problems.

I'm glad DAX made the fatmsmod patch for 5.00, but unfortunatley it's broken most of my games. Is there any way to undo this patch? Do I have to start over with Pandora, or can I just re-install 5.00M33?
Or is anyone else having problems? I'm using an 8GB MS.

UPDATE: I read on other forums that RemoteJoylite was causing the problem, and can confirm that this is true. After disabling the RemoteJoy plugin everything works the way it should: fast.

radi777
October 29th, 2008, 19:06
after installing Fatmsmod all my RSS feeds
(audio and Video) are gone.
when i download the feeds again the files are still not visible but free space on memstick decreases.
wired ??

Buddy4point0
October 29th, 2008, 19:08
hmm dint work for star ocean new departure it still lags i guess if you dont wnat star ocean to lag run it decompressed

Of coarse It's going to lag when it's compressed...
Most games will obviously because the PSP needs to use more power to decompress it and that takes away power from the game.

Mauragon
October 30th, 2008, 01:53
Excuse me, is psardumper version dependent meaning there's a specific psardumper for 3.71 or can I use any or the latest psardumper? sorry for the noobish question. I haven't used psardumper

Buddy4point0
October 30th, 2008, 02:03
Excuse me, is psardumper version dependent meaning there's a specific psardumper for 3.71 or can I use any or the latest psardumper? sorry for the noobish question. I haven't used psardumper

You can use the latest version. (5.00 psardumper)
The number refers to the highest firmware it can dump, so the newest version can dump 5.00 and anything before it (3.71)
Happy dumping :D

(It wasnt that nooby of a question, a ton of people have never used Psardumper.)

Saracchini
October 30th, 2008, 02:14
Just use the last version of Psardumper. It can decrypt and dump all the needed files for Fatmsmod and Popsloader for the older to more recent firmware versions.

Mauragon
October 30th, 2008, 09:53
Thanks guys I already patched mine.

radi777
October 30th, 2008, 13:13
How to UNDO this patch...?

Podcasts and Musicplayer does not work anymore after this PATCH :-((

PSP FAT 5.00 M33

valnomien
January 17th, 2009, 00:03
does anyone know if fatms371_500 works on 5.02 gen-a or is it even needed. because fatms371_500 works great on 5.00m33 but now on 5.02 gen-a it's laggy and skips again