PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 5 producer: Wii can't handle RE5's title screen

wraggster
October 26th, 2008, 10:42
There are many writers on the Joystiq payroll who are of the firm opinion that the Wii incarnation of Resident Evil 4 was the best version of the multi-platform title. That's why we were understandably disappointed when it was outed that Resident Evil 5 would not be coming to Nintendo's console -- though according the game's producer, Masachika Kawata, a Wii port of RE5 was never a remote possibility. Due to the game's graphical improvements over the previous installment, "the title screen of this couldn't have been done on PS2 or Wii," Kawata explained in a recent GameTrailers interview.

Nintendo fanboys shouldn't be too disheartened by this somewhat brash claim -- in a later, seperate interview with GameTrailers, Juntake Uchi, yet another producer for the title, said that Capcom would love to continue the Resident Evil franchise on the Wii, though such a reunion is "a couple of years down the road."

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/25/resident-evil-5-producer-wii-cant-handle-re5s-title-screen/

grossaffe
October 26th, 2008, 17:01
Now game-developers are graphics-whores, too?

phinn
October 26th, 2008, 17:15
Which is why i bought a ps3. I wanted to play Socom/GT5/Oblivion/Fallout 3/MGS4/FarCry 2/FF-XIII/etc too.

Eviltaco64
October 26th, 2008, 18:15
Now game-developers are graphics-whores, too?

Right. They should apologize and make one of their killer-app games on a console with amazing last-gen specifications.

It's like being mad that they didn't port Resident Evil 4 to the N64 or PS1 (though this statement is a tad bit exaggerated).

The Hombrew Hunter
October 27th, 2008, 01:34
Pre-rendered screens are, still, pre-rendered.

kevenz
October 27th, 2008, 02:39
RE4 and 5 aren't pre-rendered

The Hombrew Hunter
October 27th, 2008, 18:53
Close enough, there was only minor moving in the background. Nothing a simple prerecorded movie can't do.

vicious1988
October 27th, 2008, 19:47
Never a big RE fan in the first place.

kevenz
October 27th, 2008, 22:07
RE5 looks great because of the jungle theme.....

reminds me of the movie "Zombi" released in 1980.

BL4Z3D247
October 28th, 2008, 16:55
RE5 looks great because of the jungle theme.....

reminds me of the movie "Zombi" released in 1980.
boy did you just date yourself :)

kevenz
October 28th, 2008, 22:31
huh? sorry but I don't get it what do you mean....

it was actually 1979... my mistake :P I'm talking about the one made by the italian lucio fulci. I'm sure capcom took inspiration from this movie to make RE5.

sean.aaron
October 29th, 2008, 12:18
RE4 was decent, but far too long for my taste and I ended up selling it after getting tired of killing things over and over again.

I'm sure Capcom will do something different on the Wii; they've enjoyed good software sales on the platform and are unlikely to pass up the possibility of more cash.